"wrong disc" error??

Username: Jessesgirl929

Post Number: 2
My daughter received a TeenTech Portable DVD player for Christmas and it worked great for a while, but now we get a "wrong disc" error when trying to play DVD's. CDs work just fine. The company said I can ship it to them and pay them to fix it and send it back, but I was hoping maybe someone had another idea how to fix it?? Is this possibly a region code problem that I have been reading about, and if so, does anyone know how to unlock it?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3308
Unless you are playing disc that are region encoded for another area then it is a player problem. Send it in, otherwise.

Username: Jessesgirl929

Post Number: 3
Does anyone know how to change the region code for this player so that it's unrestricted?

Unregistered guest
I just bought a portable DVD player and having the same problem however as it was bought online (good old EBay) the shipped is refusing any responsibility as it was second hand.

I kinda nee this fixed or my money is down the drain, any ideas if this is a major problem to fix?

Bronze Member
Username: Talosian

Los Angeles, Calif. USA

Post Number: 14
I have the same issue on a new COBY portable. Does anyone know what causes the problem?

I have done some "testing" and the problem seems to be mostly with my "Fair Use" back-up programs.

It also seems to have to do with the burn speed.

Any more thoughts?

Unregistered guest
i have just bought a daewoo dpc-7400p portable dvd player and need the code to be able to play region one anyone help please.

Username: Layconic

Chicago, Ill. Usa

Post Number: 1
Need unlock JVC HR-XVC26. Please email: layconic@yahoo.com
THANKS

Username: Methealtruist

I have a mustek PL607, specifications says that it can play dvd, dvd+/-rw and dvd +/- r. but when i put dvd+/-rw,r it says wrong disc. Does anyone have a solution for it?

Username: Magsl

DublinIreland

I had this problem yesterday with my portable dvd player. How we fixed it was to dip a Q-tip in a little alcohol (we used Stolichnaya vodka) and gently (v. gently!) clean the laser lense. The dvd player is now playing dvds again.

Username: Shashi345

Linden, Nj Usa

i have insignia 7"portable dvd player and whenever i put the dvd it would play but show no picture on the screen, its dark even if i adjust the control ,but produces sound. what cud be the problem.... pls help

Username: Petie

Wrong disc. error. how do I fix. can play cd's, but no Dvd's

Username: Petie

Wrong Disc. "error". Doby TF-DVD 7100, how do I fix. Can play cd's, but no Dvd's

DublinIreland

"Wrong Disc. "error". Doby TF-DVD 7100, how do I fix. Can play cd's, but no Dvd's"

Have you tried all the usual things, i.e. have you cleaned the discs themselves before playing or cleaned the dvd lense?

DublinIreland

Post Number: 3
"i have insignia 7"portable dvd player and whenever i put the dvd it would play but show no picture on the screen, its dark even if i adjust the control ,but produces sound. what cud be the problem.... pls help"

Check out this link to an English website which might help you..
http://www.howtomendit.com/search.php?keywords=portable+dvd+player

Username: Bonou23

Australia

I have a coby as well and recently gave me wrong disk error as well , with any burnt disk , that previously used to play . it would play oringinal disk . i eventually found this to be the problem =/
the bit that actually spins the disk can actually move to an incorrect position , more likely than not downwards , so putting the disk too close to the lens. I found by having the top level with the steel pin thingy ,( it seems not to be attached and can slid up and down after siome use) it would again read all disks . Eventually i super glued this in place . Supplier said it was caused by misabuse so would not cover by warrenty.

Username: Frankd

Luke, you are a genius. I put a paperclip behind the "bit that actually spins the disk" to pull it forward -- now it works.

Absolutely nothing else worked at all. Thank you!
}

Username: Georgiec

UK

Durabrand 1002 any ideas for unlocking???

DublinIreland

Post Number: 4
Try this link:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/24/hack-to-unlock-durabrand-dvd-players-re gion-code/

Username: Josephp

New York, NY USA

I have the same problem with my DVD player. Can you explain to me how did you make it work with a paper
clip, thank you for your time.

Username: Nzgeorge65

I had the same problem with my coby so I bought a new AWA LMD5908cp but it will not play some discs does anyone have the region codes for this model Oh yes i hadmy coby repaired for free under warranty but would still like to make The AWA region free.
Any help please
nzgeorge65@hotmail.com

Username: Kalley1_1

what Actually is the "bit that actually spins the disk" to pull it forward -- is it the laser or the part that holds the dvd? TIA

Username: Frizzlefrys333

The part that spins the disc, I just pulled it forward a little with a paper-clip, washed the lens with rubbing alcohol and it works great, thanks guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us