Looking for the Perfect Player

Username: Mtobey

Post Number: 1
Hi, everyone.

I've owned a RCA Lyra RD2780 A/V Jukebox for about a year and a half now. I like it a lot, but over time I've grown to have two big pet-peeves with it:

1. The interface. My wife has a 4th Generation iPod and I'm constantly jealous of how amazingly easy it is to use. I love the click-wheel and the software is fantastic. The Lyra is a big pain in the butt to use for music, especially if I want to find an artist whose name isn't at the beginning or end of the alphabet.

2. The video playback is very fickle. Some files I think should play won't play at all or won't play well, and some that I think probably won't play will play fine. I often encounter the infamous B Frames error and have problems with audio syncing and with videos arbitrarily cutting off in the middle.

Anyway, yesterday at my office picnic I won a 20GB color iPod. So now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep both gadgets, using the iPod for audio and the Lyra for video, or if I want to sell them both and upgrade to one device that will meet all my needs.

Is there a device out there that not only rivals Apple in user interface and also plays video better than the Lyra?

Much thanks in advance for all your comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us