Archive through June 09, 2005

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3001
I am so glad that you took the time and energy to actually read all the posts and figure out which one applies to your particular need.

Good on ya!

cheers

erica/h
Unregistered guest
thanxs berny but no help

Gold Member

Post Number: 3002
Erica

try this;

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

erica/h
Unregistered guest
hey berny can i reinstall it if if was deleted off my computer my ipod goes to a menu if i play with the screen long enough and i got some info from it would u like to se it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3003
Yes you can re-install it. But don't forget, you have to install the iTunes program first and do the subsequent updates before hooking up your iPod. Don't forget to re-start the computer before plugging in the iPod.

erica/h
Unregistered guest
what will happen to my computer if i re start it if itunes if reinstalled can i get my music back and please tell me more at HNIC1991@blackplanet.com can i just shutmy computer down? and one more would you like 2 c the info i got from the weird menu i got after playing with my click wheel and will the updater mess up my computer

Gold Member

Post Number: 3004
What weird menu?

The updater will not mess up your computer.

You have to back up your music before removing iTunes. Do you know what format your music is in?

Username: Helena

Post Number: 2
I have recently changed my itunes preferences to manual and deleted all my tracks from itunes but now there are more tracks that I want on my ipod. I have put them on itunes and it says the tracks have been added to my ipod but when i go on my ipod there is no sign of them whatsoever. Please someone help!!!

erica/h
Unregistered guest
a menu in different font and before that it says diag and some other letters and numbers and no it dont no the format and cant i just shut down my computer or do i have to restart it before it think my info on my computer will be earsed if i restar it how do i put fotos on my ipod if it has an phot slot

mikeneedinghelp
Unregistered guest
my ipod is frozen w/a icon of the ac adapter...i think its telling me that it want to be plugged into the wall but i dont have the ac adapter i have just been charging it thru the usb on my pc....this all happened after i did a restore to remove everything and start over now i cant do anything to it when I reset it it looks like its gunna reset but then goes back to the ac adapeter icon..when I plug it into the usb nothing happens...any suggestions?..plz help im about to try and open it and unplug the battery and hardrive and plug them back in but i cant get it open. any suggetions will be appreciated

Anonymous

I can't get my ipod to register. It was working at one point but now when I plug into my pc, it just starts to charge. When I try to run the Updater, the Update button is greyed out. Help
?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3006
erica/h restart the computer.

Anonymous

my ipod is connected to my computer but is says its not connected on the computer. what do i do?

Unregistered guest
hi recently i reset my ipod then put some songs on it but after doing so and after it says ok to disconnect the ok to disconnect doesn't go away and changed to do not disconnect. i've tried everything but it won't start just normally. what should i do?

Unregistered guest
My iPod mini is not playing songs (play time stays at 0:00). However, I can play these songs via iTunes when my iPod is connected to the computer.

From what I have read, this may be related to the the formatting of the hard drive and/or corruption of data. This also jives with the fact that I was futzing with the iPod and MacOS's "Disk Utility" and probably screwed up the iPod in this fashion (yes, i've learned my lesson).

I have tried to Restore my iPod (numerous times) using the latest iPod Updater (03-23-2005?) but this has not helped. I believe I have also reset it. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!
Avocado

ps perhaps a better description of what I am experiencing can be found here: http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92379

Claud
Unregistered guest
i just got an ipod mini and i accidently loaded on some songs i didnt want, is there a way of deleting songs once they are actually on your ipod? also for some reason i-tunes isn't downloading the names of the songs so i cant find whta i wnat to listen to without going through each song. can anyone help me with either of these problems?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3018
claud,
Go to your iTunes and uncheck all the songs that you don't want onyour iPod.

mickey213
Unregistered guest
I've been trying to get my daughter's Ipod 20G to work with our Gateway desktop since last Thurs. 3 calls to the Apple store and 6 calls to tech support at 800-275-2273 later and its still not working. I've even been elevated to a higher "tech support" level and they still have not figured out what the problem is. After reading this forum I'm afraid that even if it does finally work, we're looking at months of potential aggravation and future problems. No response needed, just wanted to "share the experience" And, Berny, you are a God...

Unregistered guest
hey woz just wondering if any1 knew why i cant put itunes on2 my computer coz theres this popup thing that comes up saying ipod updater cannot be found or sumthing. any help appreciated! i dont want to take the mini ipod back!!

Cheese Lover
Unregistered guest
your all Phucking tools

Unregistered guest
My 2G (scrolly wheely) pod is poorly... is there a doctor in the room? Plugged into Mac, am only able to get 'scandisk' which does its stuff, always get the little tick, but cant get it to mount on mac or itunes. force quit it but then goes back to f'in scan mode again and again and again and... sorry all, this is my last resort. Gonna go and dig the walkman out...

Unregistered guest
Berny,

I just got a brand new 6GB Ipod Mini. My (windows) computer will not recognize it. There is no exclamation or question mark by the USB ports under hardware. When I try to un-install and re-install the software and it comes to the formatting the ipod window, and does not move at all. When I first plugged the ipod into the computer, the computer did recognize it. But after I formatted and opened itunes (one mini already used on this computer) it did not recognize the ipod. And after I re-plugged it in, the computer has stopped also. What should I do next? PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I've done everything the apple website has said...You are my only hope!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! GOD BLESS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3021
what is your operating system?

miipodisjacked
Unregistered guest
hey berny can you help me

miipodisjacked
Unregistered guest
hey berny can you help me i say your cnversation w/ erica/h im the same way help

Username: Lolle

Post Number: 1
i need help please, i have the 20 gig ipod and i use it with my fathers mac. The problem is that my father moved to america and i wat to use the ipod with my pc without losing my songs. If anybody knows the answerplease e-m@il it to me lorenzclary@hotmail.com
THANKS

Gold Member

Post Number: 3022
Lorenz, if your music is on the MAC, you won't be able to transfer the songs from your iPod to your PC. That's just the way it was made...sorry for your dilemma.

Sarah,
Do not plug in your iPod before any install or re-install of the iTunes software is completed and everything is installed properly. You need to let me know the operating system, so we can go further in diagnosing what might the problem be. How is your iPod connected? Firewire, USB???

Unregistered guest
the music i have loaded onto my ipod mini plays as though it is overlapping, ie, the music seems to play over itself. whats happening????

Anonymous

well you see i just recently bought an ipod from a friend and it was about 3 months old, when i hooked it up to the computer the first time i changed the name of the ipod and now everytime i plug it into the computer it doesnt do anything and it says it isnt pluged in. Can anyone help me? if so Email me please!

Unregistered guest
hahaha oh yeah for the last comment my email is johnnerz815@hotmail.com

erica/h
Unregistered guest
hey berny they hould give you an award or somthing you worked mircales on ym ipod i thank you very much

Gold Member

Post Number: 3025
I'm glad it worked out for you erica/h :-) enjoy your iPod!

Unregistered guest
i have an ipod mini and when i plug it into the computer it quickly flashes the 'do not disconnect' sign and then goes to 'ok to disconnect'. i use real player to sync my ipod and it came up with a message saying my ipods music database is either damged or corrupt. any help please??????????????????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 3034
use iTunes instead.

Felton424
Unregistered guest
Berny,

i have the same problem with my ipod as sheila did above- all of my purchased music off of itunes wont play- it skips right past them- what can i do??? thanks a lot,

Xavier17
Unregistered guest
its no problem with real player. no matter what program i use it still does the 'do not disconnect' thing and then 'ok to disconnect'. is there something wrong inside the ipod?

what should i do???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3037
Felton,
Check that your music is in the proper format that the ipod can read.

Xavier, if you are getting a message that the music is corrupted or damaged, your iPod will not even upload them or just as you say, skip over it entirely. Can you play all these music on your computer without problems? iPod/iTunes do not like sharing its music with other players.

Unregistered guest
whenever i turn on my ipod it shows an exclamation mark with a folder on it, I know this is a common problem but i have no clue about why this has happened or how to fix it i would greatly appreciate some help
joemail_1@hotmail.co.uk (my email adress)

Unregistered guest
Hi Berny

my old 20GB iPod (bought Jan 2004) has started to play up. 99% of the time it is "not recognised" by my pc. Instead, it tries to reformat my ipod for me. Once in every while it appears to work fine, but mostly it refuses to recognise it - even though XP seems to know its there. I've even reformatted it in desperation but even then itunes still wants to reformatt it continually. Please help - I'm on the verge of throwing it out the window! ha ha. Cheers

Sarah W.
Unregistered guest
Hey! I got my ipod working! I don't know how either. Thank you for everything!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3038
Joe Lane and John Disdale,
Go here

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003

Michael Shea
Unregistered guest
hey, i'm just about to send my ipod 10 gig to servic but dunno if i should...its turns on and only shows the apple symbol..then shuts off....i tried plugging it in but it just gets really hot and doesn't do anything....can anyone help me my email is Mikey_71@msn.com

thanks a whole lot if you help :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 3041
Michael,
How old is the iPod? If it get really hot, it may need servicing. The battery is probably not holding a charge.

Unregistered guest
I just got my iPod about a week ago, and It fell out of the belt clip and into water, completely submerged, if only for a second. It worked perfectly for 2 or 3 hours after the incident, but then it...*bursts into tears* DIED! I fully realize that the apple warranty does NOT cover those sort of incedents, but one way or another, I need t repaired. Though I also understand that I will have to pay for it in full, I need to know if, or how, I can get it fixed, and if I can, what *gulp* would it cost me?

I seriously am crying over this.

Unregistered guest
I just got my iPod about a week ago, and It fell out of the belt clip and into water, completely submerged, if only for a second. It worked perfectly for 2 or 3 hours after the incident, but then it...*bursts into tears* DIED! I fully realize that the apple warranty does NOT cover those sort of incedents, but one way or another, I need t repaired. Though I also understand that I will have to pay for it in full, I need to know if, or how, I can get it fixed, and if I can, what *gulp* would it cost me?

Unregistered guest

Gold Member

Post Number: 3045
About the same price as a new one plus shipping and handling.

pattypan_squash
Unregistered guest
I have two different regular iPods. (One is 15 GB and the other is 20 GB.) So now I have two different disks that come with them. And I don't know which is which. Does it matter which one I install?

I tried one earlier and none of the songs were updated. Please help me ASAP.

ugotjerked
Unregistered guest
the answer is all ipods are buggy and u will always experience problems....apple sux

J J
Unregistered guest
PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION BERNY!

I got a new ipod and i have no songs, but my friend has all the songs i want over 700 on hers, is there a way i can get her songs on her ipod onto mine???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3047

Transfer all her songs from her computer onto your computer. Don't use the iPod to transfer any music.

Anonymous

i have a mini ipod, but after pluging it into a friends computer with her cable , my computer doesn't recogniz my ipod anymore, which means i can't add anymore songs! what can i do?? thx for ur help

Desperately_in_need
Unregistered guest
Berny,

It seems as though you have made many people very happy with your expertise of solving almost all iPod problems. I am hoping that this will have the same effect for me. :-)
I have read through all of the problems trying to figure out how to solve mine and I haven't come across the answer yet. It seems as though other people have been having these problems as well. If you could help me I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it! PLEASE HELP! I am at a loss for what to do.

My Problem(s):
I hook up my iPod to my computer but the computer refuses to recognize it as being there. It still charges but it will not update. I tried using my iPod update software to update it from there but seeing as the computer does not recognize it as being there I receive the message: Plug in an iPod to update it. My iPod still charges but it takes a lot longer than it used to take. I find it weird that the computer will charge my iPod but not update it. Why is this? Another problem I have is that I cannot reset my iPod. I know how to reset it but when I try there is just no response. I tried resetting it wondering if that would help my problems at all. I'm thinking about re-installing the software but that hasn't seemed to work for most people. I even considered restoring my bipod but I can't even do that because I get the message to plug in an iPod.. even though it is already hooked up to the computer.
Should I contact Apple? If so.. How should I do that? Should I try to get a new iPod? The one I have is a 4 GB bipod mini if that helps at all.

I am very sorry to burden you with all of these problems but I am desperate. I have faith that you can help me because I've seen that you've helped so many people with their problems. I greatly appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks Again,
Danielle

kristina
Unregistered guest
ok well today i just erased some songs from my ipod and it deleted all the songs but its still in my itunes folder thing well i imported music to the ipod but now it doesn't appear in the songs list wat should i do?

Unregistered guest
Can anoyone help me... i had an ipod but it broke so i got a new one and tried to install it... now it keeps saying "the software required for communicating with the ipod not installed correctly. please reinstall itunes to install the ipod's software" please someone tell me what to do babykey513@hotmail.com thanks alot.

Dazed and confused
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have had my ipod for a while now and it has been working fine. One day I tried to fix my friends ipod by plugging it into my dads laptop via my usb cable. I did not succeed in fixing it. Now every time I plug my ipod in the computer, all it does is charge the thing,if anyone can help please do. thanks

Xavier17
Unregistered guest
should i send my ipod in for service? the problem is i cant delete all my songs off my ipod coz my computer wont recognise it! apple says you have to do this. my friend says he sent in his ipod and said he was unhappy with the product. he got a free update to an ipod photo. is it possible to say my battery needs a change and i will get a working ipod?

thanx berny

Unregistered guest
ok this may have been asked before i`m really sorry but i cant figure out how to fix my problem.....
my computer was reformatted and everything was wiped now i have just reinstalled intunes and was wondering how i can get all my songs from my mini ipod back on to my computer/library. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3054
Desperate,
What is your OS?
Did you install the iTunes program before you docked your iPod? Most people make the mistake of docking their iPod before installing the program and this is where most problems start.
How is the iPod connected to the computer? USB or Firewire?

Try this first...uninstall iTunes. Re-start the computer (some people also fail to do this and problems start). Install iTunes...see if there are updates and do that but do not hook up the iPod until everything is installed and updated. When the update is done, re-start the computer and let it boot up completely. Open the iTunes program and check for all the music you have in your computer. After all this is done, then and only then do you dock your iPod.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3055
Dazed and confused,
Go to the restore point of the computer to the time before you started messing around with your friends iPod.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3056
Xavier,
Check the answer I wrote for Desperate.

hermione,
Music on the iPod is a one way transfer. You can only transfer from the computer TO the iPod and not the other way around.

Anonymous

same problem as lots of people.. plug it in and its charging but not updating is there an easy short way i can fix this i am hopeless with computers HELP

x_hermione_x
Unregistered guest
Yay ive found a solution to my problem !!!

if anyone is in the same sticky situation as i was in....go to www.copypod.net and download the program that can take your songs from your ipod and put them back on to itunes so your ipod wont be erased

tip it can only copy 100 songs at a time then you have to buy it, so i suggest uninstalling after 100 songs have been copied and then installing once more to add another 100 back on

now ive got all my songs back on itunes from my ipod :D

1stbite
Unregistered guest
I have a 40g photo ipod, worked fine on my windows pute since xmas, yesterday my hard drive corrupted and i had to do a fresh install.

anyway, since then i can't get my windows to recognise my ipod.

i tried connecting the ipod to another computer with same firewire lead and works fine.

when connected to my computer it charges but not actual connectivity...

any ideas where i'm going wrong?

Anonymous

i dropped my ipod and now when it turns on it shows the apple sign and then aan ipod thats down or dead with an exclamation point and then it shows it charging but it is really frozen what to do!!!!1!

Anonymous

i dropped my ipod and now when it turns on it shows the apple sign and then aan ipod thats down or dead with an exclamation point and then it shows it charging but it is really frozen what to do!!!!1!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

i dropped my ipod and now when it turns on it shows the apple sign and then an ipod thats down or dead with an exclamation point and then it shows it charging but it is really frozen

Anonymous

i dropped my ipod and now when it turns on it shows the apple sign and then an ipod thats down or dead with an exclamation point and then it shows it charging but it is really frozen

Anonymous

Anonymous

Unregistered guest
i dropped my ipod and then a down ipod with and exclamation point comes on

Gold Member

Post Number: 3062
Your iPod is dead...send it to the nearest apple authorized repair center. That icon is telling you that it is dead...dead...dead...how many times do you need to post this?
There is nothing that you can do to it that will make it come back to life. It needs servicing. Expect to spend at least $200 for repair.

Did i tell you its dead?!?

Unregistered guest
Hi there! I have been experiencing some problems with my 20Gig 4G ipod. Whenever I plug the iPod into my pc (on the regular USB port, because the 2.0 doesn't recognize it) and start iTunes, all my songs are deleted and written in again. It wouldn't bother me very much if the process didn't take 5-6 hours if I "lighten up" my library (I usually use 13-15 gigs on the iPod).

Does anyone know how to solve it? My email's here: javiloren@gmail.com It would be a great help if you told me how to solve either of the two problems (if I get to use the 2.0 USB it will take me less than half the time to re-write it again).

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3068
Try using firewire insted of usb. See what happens.

Javiloren
Unregistered guest
Berny, the fact is i don't have firewire on my pc, so i'm trying to make it with the stuff i have.
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3071
But you do have a usb 2.0 right?
If you do, go to your device manager and un-install the usb. Restart and then wait for the pc to re-install the usb. Re-satrt.
Un-install the iTunes., Re-start. Install iTunes and again re-start, (sigh!, I know but this makes sure that everything installs correctly). Now update the iTunes, the last thing you do is plug in the iPod.

Unregistered guest
Berny seeing u have da answers to most of da questions asked i wanna ask u this:
My ipod is stuffed it won't turn on every time i try turning it, on a folder with exclamation mark keeps appearing need help!!!asap!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3074
Reset your iPod.

Unregistered guest
Hello, my I Pod is not well, when I trun it on a picture of a file comes up with a exclamation mark, this seems to differ from some of the above posts, does this mean that my I Pod is dead, any help would be appreciated.

Rgds

balastre
Unregistered guest
hi the ipod gang.... i have a mini ipod and when i plugged it i-tunes open and just after quit with the message that the applications quit with no damage for rest.Anyone have a idea

Allie
Unregistered guest
Berny u have all the answers, i am on a new computer and it wont let me put the songs i just purchased onto my ipod. i tried putting on manual because i think that is what you told someone else to do. It still wont work. i tried putting it on a rewritable disc but it says something about my songs not being authorized

HELP!!!

Unregistered guest
My ipod photo seems to be stuck with a flashing icon of the adapter being pluggged into the wall. Two questions please. 1) Once i get the adapter and plug the ipod in the wall, will this fix. 2) Is there anything I can do now, as at present I do not have the adapter?

Please help, Thanks.

Prince
Unregistered guest
Hey i'm not sure what happened to my ipod mini blue
but at first it would switch between the apple sign and exclamation battery,
now its only showing apple sign and wont do anything **** thing

help?

Prince
Unregistered guest
Hey i'm not sure what happened to my ipod mini blue
but at first it would switch between the apple sign and exclamation battery,
now its only showing apple sign and wont do anything **** thing

help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3090
Allie,
Go to the adavnce options of iTunes and click on "authorize" computer.

marcella
Unregistered guest
I have just put my ipod onto my pc and all has gone well other than I cant get my cds to come onto the library. My computer will read them in any other program but when I tel it to bring it up on to itunes it wont read it. Is there another audio reader I need to uninstall so that itunes will read my cds. This happens on my pc and laptop. PLEASE HELP!!!

Unregistered guest
Please help!!! itunes will not read my cds. my computer will read them in any other program but not itunes. what am I doing wrong?!

Austin/~#
Unregistered guest
plz plz plz can u hlp me, ive borrowed ma mates ipod 2 put sum songs on 4 him n it sed don't disconnect after i switched ma comp off then he tld me to hold da menu and select button. now it comes up with the apple sign then shows the file sign with an exclamation mark. evan tho the battery is fully charged it does not swith on. What do i do?!? plz help. thnx

Anonymous

My mini ipod won't work no matter what! Where do I send it to get fixed.

Unregistered guest
My ipod mini won't work at all! Where do I send it to get fixed(i need the adress)! Also I got my computer fixed and all my songs on itunes got erased, how do I get them back without having to pay again! My e-mail is Munchkingal2tiny@aol.com

Unregistered guest
My ipod mini won't work at all! Where do I send it to get fixed(i need the adress)! Also I got my computer fixed and all my songs on itunes got erased, how do I get them back without having to pay again! My e-mail is Munchkingal2tiny@aol.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 3096
moesha,
go to the apple website, they will have a list of authorized service centers.

Austin/~#
Unregistered guest
plz plz plz can u hlp me, ive borrowed ma mates ipod 2 put sum songs on 4 him n it sed don't disconnect after i switched ma comp off then he tld me to hold da menu and select button. now it comes up with the apple sign then shows the file sign with an exclamation mark. evan tho the battery is fully charged it does not swith on. What do i do?!? plz help. thnx

alexa
Unregistered guest
hey.. i've been readig thid page for like 2 hrs and i didn't find anything that helped.. it seems a really stupid thing...
I have a 4GB ipod mini.. it works great and all i just can't figure out how to move files around inside of it.. like putting my audiobook files in the audiobook folder.. everything goes into "songs"
I tried clicking the ipod icon in itunes but it just shows me the files in my "songs" folder.. nothing else
then i tried going into " mycomputer" and clicking my ipod when it's connected and three folders came up... "calenders" "notes" and "instructions" or something.. and i openned each one.. but i can't find a way to move files between folders in my ipod plzzzzzzzzzzz help me its frustrating to feel so stupid :P

Unregistered guest
hmm okay, this might seem like a stupid question but i have a 6gb ipod mini, and i was wondering, once all the gbs are used up, will able to delete some songs and get the space back?

schaps014
Unregistered guest
alright...i just got my ipod today and i didnt know how to transfer songs....so when i connected it, i must have clicked the button to transfer all the songs on my computer...i share my computer with other people so i dont like all of the songs....can i delete all the songs and just restart the process?
Please help me!!!

Bakerbeast
Unregistered guest
Hey, I switched to manually update my ipod... but now that it has been switched, I cannot get any of hte songs from my library onto my Ipod. when i put my ipod in... it does not show up on Itunes, meaning i cannot drag the music, like usual, onto the little icon.

Please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us