Audiovox D1708PK repair

Username: Zelgadis

Post Number: 1
i have a Audiovox Portable DVD player, model D1708PK. I had been playing DVD-Rs on it for sometime but then the dvd player stopped working (the screen still works fine, i can hook up a game console and view it just fine) so i called the tech support and i found out that this DVD player isn't even supposed to play DVD-Rs at all, so it was a miracle that i even viewed them to begin with they said. Anyway, the warranty wouldn't cover it because i bought it from an individual (new) on Ebay, as opposed to a retailer. So anyway, if i'm correct, playing DVD-Rs caused the laser head to burn out(someone correct me if i'm wrong). So my question is, can i purchase a laser head designed to read DVD-Rs and use it in my DVD player?
If so, could it be a different brand, because i don't think any of Audiovox stuff will read DVD-Rs, that's what i was told.
Two, is there any certain specification/requirements i would need to look for when purchasing the laser head, to insure compatibility?
And three, do you know where i can find information on installing a laser head into a portable dvd player and/or where i can purchase laser heads for portable dvd players?

Thanks

junojudge
Unregistered guest
I have an Audiovox portable DVD player which my children use in the car. Suddenly, I get an error message 'wrong region' and the disk won't play. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us