Archive through May 07, 2005

Unregistered guest
Berny seeing u have da answers to most of da questions asked i wanna ask u this:
My ipod is stuffed it won't turn on every time i try turning it, on a folder with exclamation mark keeps appearing need help!!!asap!!!
if any1 can help here's my email
musrebel@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
oh yeah and berny forgot to mention dat because da ipod just displays a folder with exclamation mark i tried connecting it to pc, but it just said do not disconnect and was like dat for a while. and m itunes doesn't recognise dat my ipod is connected

whoamatt
Unregistered guest
i have a 20 gig ipod, and i recently reformatted my computer conatining itunes and all my songs. they were still on my ipod, so wen i plugged it back in after reformatting i simply went to the advanced tab in itunes, and clicked on consolidate library, this copied all my songs on my ipod back onto my computer. now i have all of the songs back on my comp, i was wondering if there was a fast and easy way to add them all back into itunes in their categories etc?? any help much apriciated :-)

whoamatt
Unregistered guest
lol, never mind... i worked it out :-), i just went to add folder, and instead of adding each one idividually, like i was doing, i just highlighted the itunes folder, and it did it all automatically... god bless itunes!... thanks anyway ppl :-)

whoamatt
Unregistered guest
lol, never mind... i worked it out :-), i just went to add folder, and instead of adding each one idividually, like i was doing, i just highlighted the itunes folder, and it did it all automatically... god bless itunes!... thanks anyway ppl :-)

G. Peters
Unregistered guest
I've got a similar problem to Dave Markley -- my 60GB iPod photo will not show the songs under any of the categories after updating.

I reset the iPod via software and did a fresh download of the songs (6,900 of them) from iTunes on my G5 iMac (via the provided FireWire dock). This procedure worked as usual, with each file transferred and the available hard drive space on the iPod suitably reduced.

The first time this happened, I left the iPod for a day and when I returned to it, the songs magically appeared. Then, after a few weeks, the iPod would not turn off when continuously pressing the "Pause/Play" button so I did the software reset again and, once the iTunes library transferred, the same problem occurred -- no songs accessible on the iPod (though it now turns off correctly again).

Strange. Any suggestions or thoughts?

(P.S. -- I've tried both automatic and manual updating/management of my iTunes library).

iPod Woes
Unregistered guest
my friend accidentally synced his iTunes to my iPod- surely there's a way to recover all the songs he erased short of manually re-burning all of my cd's or paying $40 for a hardware recovery program. any help would be greatly appreciated...

nathaly
Unregistered guest
ok i got a ipod but im getting a new computer but on my current computer i have all my music on it so if i plug my ipod into my new computer will it erase?

Unregistered guest
My ipod has been completely erased. Whenever i connect to iTunes and update, when I try to disconnect it says "cannot disconnect as files on ipod are in use by another application." I shut down itunes and disconnect and my ipod remains empty. help!

ChristieC
Unregistered guest
I got a message to automatically update my itunes around 22/2/05 (which I did) and now it is taking about 10 minutes per song to import from CD to iTunes - does anyone know why this is happening? It used to take about 30 seconds to a minute per song now it is about 2 hours per CD. Any ideas?

G. Peters
Unregistered guest
I've found a solution to the problem I noted a few posts previously (similar to that posted by Dave and others...).

By "resetting" the iPod (not the software "restore" I have been doing), everything is where it should be. (On the 60GB iPod photo you hold down the centre select button and menu button locations at the same time until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo appears).

I have tried this a few times now... after altering my iTunes database, then doing an iPod update of songs everything has vanished upon proper disconnect. Do the reset routine, and the songs/playlists/audiobooks reappear under their proper menu locations for selection/playback.

Anonymous

hey i was just wondering do you need itunes for your ipod because i dont know

RebornSupremacy
Unregistered guest
Yes you need iTunes or it has no way to convert the songs into the files needed.

I'm having problems of my own. My first iPod's touchwheel broke and I had another one shipped out to me.

However my computer does not recognize the iPod, ever. I've tried reinstalling, attaching it to the mains socket instead of the computer and it won't work.

I also read the post about the 'Safely Remove Hardwarr' and tried that, although I don't know if I did that correctly.

What I did was stop 'USB Mass Storage'. Is that enough? or should I of done more?

Unregistered guest
hi i cant seem to be able to update the songs on my mini ipod, i had too many songs to start with and it made a seperate folder, then i added to that, stupidly, and then deleted it thinking it would update again but hasnt. it keeps saying a file is missing and disconnects straight away what do i do? help!!!!

Unregistered guest
hi i cant seem to be able to update the songs on my mini ipod, i had too many songs to start with and it made a seperate folder, then i added to that, stupidly, and then deleted it thinking it would update again but hasnt. it keeps saying a file is missing and disconnects straight away what do i do? help!!!!

A Jones
Unregistered guest
How do I get audio books out of music files into audiobook files?

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm having the same problem as Culver Sucks. I get the Apple Icon on my IPod and then it just freezes! Is there anything that can be done?

Unregistered guest
Hi I got an Ipod that I bought in december 2004, and now i'm having some troubles, like my click wheel, doesn't scroll (like it doesn't feel my thumb), I tried connecting it and updating it, It worked the first time, but after 1 week I have the same problem. Has anyone experienced this kind of trouble? and if so, what would you advise? any help is appreciated. Thank you

Unregistered guest
hey, i just a got a new second generation ipod mini for b-day. I already instaled everthing, but the songs from my iTunes playlist dont tranfer to my ipod. i tried charging it. i'm downloading itunes again. i don't know what to do. please, please, please help.I'm freakin out:-(
-Surfchic168c@aol.com

Unregistered guest
every time i connect my ipod 2 my pc nothing happens, it just says that my ipod is "charging" help (mini 2generation)any ideas?
surfchic168c@aol.com

Username: Madman91

United States

Post Number: 1
My ipod wont update my songs. When I plug in my ipod on the ipod screen it says do not disconnect and in the itunes top panel it tells me that it is updating songs so i wait, no songs are copied and that is that.

I've seen this question asked 2 or 3 times up but they have never been solved.

Thanks again
-living without my ipod is KILLING me!!!

Unregistered guest
i need help i have a ipod mini and it wont turn on and a folder with this thin comes up! can someone help please write back .....asap....

wuzz
Unregistered guest
When I tried to install the ipod software on my computer for the first time it told me I had an "Invalid drive" and I cannot install it. So I tried just downloading itunes and plugging the ipod in, but I don't think it can recognise it. Is there anything else I can do?

Unregistered guest
um my older brother gave me all his music right and then itunes asked for him to authorize his music he did it once but then a week later it asked for the same thing again but my older brother is scared that if he auhtorizes it too much that he wont be able to get in his own music (cause it does say that you could only authorize your music upto 5 computers)

Unregistered guest
um my older brother gave me all his music right and then itunes asked for him to authorize his music he did it once but then a week later it asked for the same thing again but my older brother is scared that if he auhtorizes it too much that he wont be able to get in his own music (cause it does say that you could only authorize your music upto 5 computers)

Unregistered guest
my ipod is an old 4GB ipod, and my problem is that the computer doesnt show it on the desktop or in itunes when i hook it up. I have a mac and i just connect it through the firewire port, but it doesnt seem to do anything. It says its charging but it doesnt register on the computer. When the problem first began, i smelt a strange sulphury burning smell coming from the firewire port of the ipod. Since then it hasnt worked, and ive tried changing my firewire cable and trying it with different computers etc. Nothing works!!!
if you can help me, then email me at spazzimdonaldo@hotmail.com
thanks

Selene
Unregistered guest
How do i delete songs from my iPod? I just got it yesterday and im new to this, its a 4gb one. I plugged it in and now it has all these weird songs my dad has on his computer...How do i delete them?

)0sh
Unregistered guest
ok this may sound weird but i connect my 4GB mini ipod to my mac mini but it won't update my songs. the only thing it will do is charge my ipod. even if i go to preferences on itunes and click on the ipod icon at the top, it still says no ipod connected. how can i prevent this?

Grant
Unregistered guest
I have an ipod mini 4gb, but it has died. All it will show is an ipod with sad face on the screen, and nest to it an exclamation mark. It comes up with an error message when I try to reset or return it to factory settings.

Unregistered guest
When I hook my iPod Mini into the computer, it won't open on iTunes. Instead, a documents window opens, and I don't know how to get it to work. Help anybody??

Unregistered guest
This seems like the place to ask the question, as this problem does not seem to have been covered

Have fully functioning iPoD with 8Gb songs. windows formatted.
New laptop with Windows XP - no music files.
Installed itunes.
When connected can read hard drive (I have backed up all the music from the drive / system folders on the ipod).
When open itunes, it comments that ipod registered to another itunes, do i want to update. I select No.
iTunes selected to manually update songs.

Problem: when ipod mounted, itunes sees all songs, but I can't drag files from ipod to my PC.

Why not? I don't want to automatically enable updates as it will erase all my ipod files.

Hope someone can help!?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2853
Ben,
iTunes is a one way transfer only. You can transfer from pc to iPod but not the other way around.
You have to have the music on the PC.

Vickels
Unregistered guest
How do i remove songs from my ipod

Unregistered guest
hi...i was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. I connect my ipod (20GB model) to my computer and it keeps asking me that the ipod needs to be formatted. So, I do it and then everything is okay, UNTIL i reset my computer and then everything goes to crap.
Again it says the same thing, my ipod is not recognised and seems to need to be formatted,..i've tried reformatting, resetting, reinstalling the software, everything..still same thing.
Not to mention it doesn't disconnet whenever i try to do it my PC keeps on saying try again later.
I don't know what to do, help would be appreciated. thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi i just bought an ipod mini and its been working fine but lataley it wont connect to the computer,the ipod will start charging but it wont connect to anything else, no music will upload to it, the program doesnt even recognise its connected..its an emergency any help will do please!

toddc2001
Unregistered guest
I just downloaded version 4.7.1 of itunes for my mac. Then I got a message that said my music library was damaged. Now when I open Itunes it thinks my library is empty. If I connect my ipod, I assume it'll clear it out. What do I do to restore my old library of itunes?!!

Ben Forrest
Unregistered guest
If you want to copy content FROM your ipod to your PC - use ephpod2. This can access the content of the ipod. you can then save all files to a directory. If you don't like ephpod (which is actually pretty cool), you can then use itunes to re-organise the music back into the directory structyre it likes.

Bushido360
Unregistered guest
Just to add to the long list of questions.
I bought a 20 gig ipod, burned some cds and downloaded some. A bit later i plugged the ipod on again, only to find that not only did itunes not nrecognises it, but neither does my computer. However, the ipod happily charges from my laptop, so it is somehow connected
Thanks for any help

coolguy
Unregistered guest
hi if your so good try an fix this 1, my ipod mini seems to have died. All that shows is a ipod with a sad face. It wont turn off or play music, it just shows a nearly empty battery and sometimes a sad face. Please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2898
Your ipod is probably dead, but check here anyway
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93936

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

andyrew
Unregistered guest
I had problems with my ipod mini and so i sent it to get repaired and i got a new ipod mini from apple. So now when i plug it in it doesnt recognise the new ipod. i dont want to loose all the songs on my library. What im thinking of doing is reinstaling the whole of itunes and somehow loading from "iTunes Music Library.xml" but i dont really know and i dont want to risk it. (btw i have a windows pc)

Baris
Unregistered guest
how do you backup your files

Unregistered guest
My ipod plays everything EXCEPT songs that I purchased through itunes. It played them fine for a week and now when I try to play them, it jumps back to the main menu. Anyone else with this problem? Thanks.

Dae Dae
Unregistered guest
Berny, my ipod is acting really funny. Everytime i push anything it just goes to the apple then a file with an exclamation point in a triangle appears. It also makes a clicking noise like it is trying to search for something. Sometimes it wont come after i push something, but after I connect the charger to it, it starts with the apple thing to the exclamation point again. It cant be the battery because i have only had the ipod for about 4 months. Maybe it's because i let a friend put like 400 songs on it? Umm, if u have aim, my screenname is playa1637. im kinda worried. Could you send me something as quick as you can? Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have an iPod mini, its about 3 weeks old, and yesterday it started acting strangly. It wont turn on, connect to my computer or charge.
When I push a button, the apple logo comes up and then a minute later, an icon comes up on the screen that has an iPod with a sad (or dead) face and an exclamation-mark in a triangle (not a file error, it seems more like a hardware error).
I have tried to reset, but it doesnt respond or do anything. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what to do?
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
My email is ciel_g@hotmail.com if anyone can help! (please put 'iPod help' into the subject so i dont delete it!)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2911
Dae Dae,
Try a reset. Go here http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003

Ciel, Your iPod is dead, you have to send it in for service. Sorry. Did you drop it?

Anni Sev
Unregistered guest
I've been using my iPod for a few months with iTunes. Recently I installed RealPlayer and a window came up each time the iPod was connected asking if I wanted to open it in RealPlayer or take no action. The iPod would still open and update in iTunes if 'Take no action' was selected, so one time I selected 'Take no action' and checked 'Never prompt me about this again' because I didn't think it would be a problem. However when I tried plugging in my iPod afterwards, it doesn't open in ANY program and iTunes no longer has an Update iPod option and says it's not connected. It still charges fine when connected to the computer, so I know it's not a problem with the chords or iPod itself, but more likely it can't communicate with the computer. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks very much
Anni

My e-mail is anni_sevrin@yahoo.com if anyone can help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2912
remove realplayer. When you installed realplayer, your music programs were automatically defaulted to play using realplayer instead of itunes.

Anni Sev
Unregistered guest
I've removed RealPlayer and restarted the computer but I'm afraid the same thing keeps happening. iTunes still does not recognise that the iPod is plugged in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2914
check your music files and see which program is defaulted to open them.

You may have to remove iTunes and re-install.

Or you can right click on the music files and click on "choose program", then tell the PC to use iTunes as your default player

Em
Unregistered guest
A friend just bought an ipod mini but her CD rom drive is broken so I thought she could update her ipod on my comp. I have a 40 GB ipod already installed on my lap top. I have windows XP but am not connected to the internet and so can not do the updates they suggest on the apple website. If I install her ipod onto a seperate account on my computer, will she be able to install it on her computer when the CD drive is fixed? I just don't want to mess up her ipod! How many computers can ipod software be loaded on to? Thankyou so much for this, I have spent all morning searching for the answer!

Unregistered guest
i just got a new mini iopd and i installed the software and now when i plug my ipod in it says 'do not dissconnect' and it has said that for two days. i read in the manuel to eject it the button to eject it does not show up on my itunes display? wat do i do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2937
turn off the computer then remove he iPod.
Did you install the software first before you hooked up the iPod?

The do the updates first before hooking up your iPod.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a 20gb IPod. Installed it yesterday all worked fine put about 600 songs onto it via itunes. Today i have connected it to my comp and i get told that it can not be recognised and needs reformatting! I have also plugged in my 4gb mini and get the same message, the ipods work fine on other comps! I have just updated itunes to the latest version. Please help!!

Manish
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I sent a 20gb ipod to my brother after putting all my music files onto it. When he connected it to his computer (Windows XP), itunes opened automatically but the ipod does not show any songs. Transferring a song to the ipod shows properly on itunes but after disconnecting the ipod, he cannot find the song on the ipod. Please help. thanks!

Unregistered guest
Please Help!!!! I have problem as others with the apple logo & the file with the exclamation point. Tried resetting it seemed like it worked, but when I hooked it up to the fire wire connecting to my pc the pc crashed and went to a black screen. I have even tried updating itunes or restore the ipod to its original factory settings, but when the window pops up with those options they are not highlighted and the pc freezes. Can anybody HELP ME!!!!!

Unregistered guest
i want an ipod but i have a bad computer and cant install itunes. can i download songs to the ipod via another jukebox like itunes?

serpenteyes
Unregistered guest
K,
I loaded my iPod with songs a while ago, and now I'm using a new computer. The new computer has none of the songs, so if I plug in my iPod, will the automatic-update erase all my songs? I know how to switch it to Manual Updating, but that requires plugging in the iPod first.

How do I get around this? Can I switch it to manual without plugging in my iPod? Can I plug in my iPod and trust it not to delete my music?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2942
serpenteyes
Lod iTunes first, then go to preferences. From there you can do a manual management of your songs.

Danny02907
Unregistered guest
my ipod is f**ked up, cause the ipod updates the songs and the space is being used on the ipod but i cant c the song on the ipod.it says i used 4gb but i cant find the songs on the f ing ipod.plz help

Catch - 22 :o)
Unregistered guest
Hi people!
Would anyone recomend either a 20GB or 40GB ipod or a 6GB mini ipod?
I've had a read of almost all the Q & A above and I don't think I could handle the level of grief you're all experiencing!
I'd like a really reliable MP3 player...
Please help me make up my mind...
Spank you!

Catch - 22 :o)
Unregistered guest
Hi people!
Would anyone recomend either a 20GB or 40GB ipod or a 6GB mini ipod?
I've had a read of almost all the Q & A above and I don't think I could handle the level of grief you're all experiencing!
I'd like a really reliable MP3 player...
Please help me make up my mind...
Spank you!

Unregistered guest
Ok, my problem is kind of urgent. I had itunes installed, imported lots of music onto my laptop but then deleted it all because I don't want to use a lot of space. Well, I started having problems with my laptop and had to format it. I reinstalled itunes but I can't choose the manually update option until I plug my ipod in and when I plug my ipod in it will automatically update before I can change the option, therefore all my music will be lost... what on earth can I do???

JammyJames123
Unregistered guest
I bought an ipod and i cant transfer music to it from the computer. I plug it in, it starts charging but thats it!! What can I do??

Used to be an Avid Apple fan
Unregistered guest
folder with exclamation mark problem.

I had the same problem with a 40GB Ipod Photo.. My Solution - tap the ipod on the table to re-connect whatever has come lose inside. Basically it's a fault and Apple are showing some of their newfound disrespect for their customers if they won't help.

kp
Unregistered guest
I have an ipod mini and initially loaded all my songs on at coputer at home. Now i am at uni i need to add more songs so i have reinstalled itunes onto my laptop at uni. Is there anyway i can avoid losing all music already on ipod as i know once i connect ipod to laptop it will update and as there is nothing in my library so i will lose everything on ipod.

claire
Unregistered guest
my i-pods wheel is choosing not to respond, the only thing i can get on the screen is the language select when i plug the charger in. But the wheel will not respond at all, i have not dropped it, one second i was listening to some music the next it stopped working. we can not get hold of the company who supplyed it what can i do?

Anonymous

hey i got an ipod............and when i try downloading songs onto it.....it says the files are corrupt......and it keeps freezing up when im using it....and i think i need new sowtware update....where can i get an update....

Anonymous

hey i got an ipod............and when i try downloading songs onto it.....it says the files are corrupt......and it keeps freezing up when im using it....and i think i need new sowtware update....what should i do?

Anonymous

hey i got an ipod............and when i try downloading songs onto it.....it says the files are corrupt......and it keeps freezing up when im using it....and i think i need new sowtware update....what should i do?

Michela
Unregistered guest
Can anybody help a frustrated ipod user? Berny, you seem to know all the answers so I'm hoping you can help with this problem!
I have an 40gb ipod and have installed it fine on my computer. I've transferred just over 1000 songs from CD. The last few times it was acting a little strage. First t was taking a lot longer to transfer the songs from Itunes onto the ipod, then it was flashing DO NOT DISCONNECT on the ipod for a lot longer then usual and then the last few albums I tried were going into the library but when I've plugged in my ipod to get them on there it just isn't working. I have borrowed a friends cable in case it was a defective cable but the problem persists. I am petrified that it is broken or I have done something wrong and I'm gutted that it doesn't seem to be working. What can I do?

Michela
Unregistered guest
Can anybody help a frustrated ipod user? Berny, you seem to know all the answers so I'm hoping you can help with this problem!
I have an 40gb ipod and have installed it fine on my computer. I've transferred just over 1000 songs from CD. The last few times it was acting a little strage. First t was taking a lot longer to transfer the songs from Itunes onto the ipod, then it was flashing DO NOT DISCONNECT on the ipod for a lot longer then usual and then the last few albums I tried were going into the library but when I've plugged in my ipod to get them on there it just isn't working. I have borrowed a friends cable in case it was a defective cable but the problem persists. I am petrified that it is broken or I have done something wrong and I'm gutted that it doesn't seem to be working. What can I do?

Bunta
Unregistered guest
i have a 20gb ipod, had it for about 7 months now, was working fine, then about 1 month ago windows wouldnt pick up the ipod, tried everything, in the end i reformated and windows was able to detect the ipod [using usb 2.0 btw] then last night walking home from work, went to turn on the ipod, the song came up but didnt play, tried skipping through to some others but same thing, then it just suddenly died and wouldnt respond! now if i put it in to charger the apple logo comes up it pauses for a bit then a folder with a exclamation mark on it comes up! is my ipod screwed beyond help? is it time i started digging out the waranty? any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Unregistered guest
my ipod has frozen!! please help me! it was playing a song then just froze...the backlight is on, and the song name is still on screen. I tried restarting it and it wont change, and the hold button is not on.. what do i do!!help me!!im lost without my ipod

Gold Member

Post Number: 2972
Bunta,
your iPod's format is probably changed or corrupted, you need to reset the iPod again, or your battery is going dead.

Daisy,
Reset the iPod by doing this
Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

gzweezy
Unregistered guest
How long does it usually take to restore a 3g 10gb Ipod? Mine has been going for more than an hour.

Anonymous

I need help! I just got an ipod photo, and I'm haveing a few problems. First, all of my songs don't transfer. In itunes, only some of the songs have checkmarks beside them. Second, when I finally put the songs onto my ipod, it says that I have used up 7gb, and I see all of my songs, but they do not play. It just goes through each song, for about a second without playing any music.

Anonymous

I need help! I just got an ipod photo, and I'm haveing a few problems. First, all of my songs don't transfer. In itunes, only some of the songs have checkmarks beside them. Second, when I finally put the songs onto my ipod, it says that I have used up 7gb, and I see all of my songs, but they do not play. It just goes through each song, for about a second without playing any music.

bmault
Unregistered guest
berny,
I saw this question posted a few days ago, but saw no response, so here goes. Osh and I have the same problem, my mini is hooked up and charging via usb, but when i click on preferences, it says no ipod connected? I have @ 2 gigs on it already and want to add more, but it wont update. thanks for your help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2977
bmault,
try this-
goto control panel
goto performance and maintenance
goto system
goto hardware then the tab on device manager
look for the usb drivers that has an exclamation mark, click on that and then remove it.
then remove the iPod.
restart--this should prompt the usb device that was removed to re-install.
then try updating your iPod again.

Username: Bmault

Berny,
No usb ports have "!" in the device manager screen. (BTW I have a Motion Computing Tablet PC and Windows XP Tablet PC edition)
Thanks,
Bmault

bb3456789
Unregistered guest
This is hard to explain. My Ipod only connects to my computer once after uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. When I first got it i installed the software then restarted my computer and plugged in my ipod. I was able to tranfer songs once, but when i tried to plug it in agian it wouldn't show up. So then I uninstalled Itunes and installed it again by using the cd that came with the ipod, It kept all my songs on my ipod but once again I was only able to add songs once, when I took the Ipod out, that was it. I put it back in and it wouldnt show up. So now I have many songs on my ipod but I cant add more becaus it wont show up on my computer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again but that won't even work now. I have no Idea what to do and it annoys me so much. Any advice would be great.

Darrel Wagers
Unregistered guest
Berny:
I got a cool new ipod mini 6mb and I loaded the software on my pc. I then loaded 50 songs or so onto itunes and they all played on my computer ok, but then when I hook-up the ipod I get this message: " The software required for communicating w/ the ipod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall the ipods software. " I have tried reinstalling the software several times, entering the id on the back of the ipod each time, and I still get the same message. Can you help?

Username: Helena

ive had my 4gb ipod for a weeks now and have 465 songs on it, to save memory on our new computer i switched itunes to manual and deleted everything from itunes. my problem now though is that i was sent tracks over msn and they have gone into itunes fine i even recorded them onto a rewritable cd and they import fine and when theyre done the green tick comes up next to them however when i look for them on my ipod they have not been added on. Please help?!

thatguy101
Unregistered guest
i have an ipod mini and a few days ago it had an error massage and wouldn turn on the next morning it turned on but all my songs were lost and when i tried to download all my songs back into it from itunes it freaked out and the ipod showed a ipod with x's over it eyes like it was dead now it wont charge or turn on please help me im begging u

Gold Member

Post Number: 2982
Your iPod is having a major malfunction and needs servicing. The picture is exactly what it is, the iPod is dead.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a 20gig Ipod and an imac g5. Things have been working well until recently. Whenever I plug my ipod in to my computer the way I have always done it. My itunes launch and then fails. If my itunes is already launched and then I plug in my ipod, it fails. All of my music on my ipod is gone, but still on my desktop. I don't know if it had something to do with the OS 10.3.9 update that was recently updated or not.
Please help me.

Darrel Wagers
Unregistered guest
Berny,

what about me . . . I'm feeling left out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2988
How are you connected to the pc? Firewire or USB?

Darrel Wagers
Unregistered guest
usb connection

erica h/
Unregistered guest
if you touch my ipod the apple sign appears and then a folder with an excalmation mark at the bottom and you can hear it running like it were a computer what can i do

erica h/
Unregistered guest
if you touch my ipod the apple sign appears and then a folder with an excalmation mark at the bottom and you can hear it running like it were a computer what can i do

erica h/
Unregistered guest
my ipod shows exclamation mark with folder above it it makes a whirrling sound. two times a menu popped up and it said HP remote and Reset and i pressed it and it did the same thing over anagin HELP ME SOME!!

erica h/
Unregistered guest
my ipod shows exclamation mark with folder above it it makes a whirrling sound. two times a menu popped up and it said HP remote and Reset and i pressed it and it did the same thing over anagin HELP ME SOME!!

Unregistered guest
I have a 3G 15GB Ipod, when i charge my battery for four hours the battery lasts for 15 minutes?!, Do i need an Ipod battery replacement?

timbuk2-b
Unregistered guest
I recently got my first ipod but do not know how to register. HELP!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2997
Darrel,
check the hardware manager and look at the usb drivers folder. See if you have an exclamation mark or a question mark on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2998
erica
Is the software updated? Remove the software then re-install it. Then update the software. Make sure the program is updated and current before plugging in the iPod.

o9rachem22
Unregistered guest
I've had my 40GB iPod for about 5 months now and suddenly I can't transfer songs from iTunes into my iPod. I've already re-installed it which caused all the songs to be removed from my iPod but the songs are still in iTunes. Whenever I connect my iPod to my computer, it doesn't show up on the iTunes source list. What can I do?

Wendybabies
Unregistered guest
Thank you so much for your help. What a great forum. I have been struggling with my ipod for 3 days now trying to upload songs from itunes to the ipod. Ipod had 14gbs of info on the hard drive but was completely empty.After spending 20 mins reading through all your Q + A's figured all I had to do was press the middle select button and the menu button for a few seconds. Voila! As if by magic I have my ipod back. Thank you so much for a great site. xxxx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us