RCA lyra 2840 Real bad problem

Username: Wvhsballer750

Illnois USA

Post Number: 1
Ok i turn on get the main menue and go into any part and it ask to profile then it shuts off this whole problem started with me adding a song and it say something about it being bad and i tryed to delte it but it wouldetn erase so i left it alone and when i came home all the problems started and they wont let me return it because i got it off ebay an the warnty is over plz help me i just want it to work again

Illnois USA

Post Number: 2
*BUMP*

Anonymous

What I find is that the Lyra is very "sensitive" to mp3 files with corrupt tags (like track number 00), etc...
You are better off just connecting to the USB port, formatting the mp3 hard-drive, uploading the latest firware.
Then, before uploading your files, download/buy Musicmatch software (something like $20.00 bucks) and update/correct/fix all mp3 files tags. This software has a smart mp3 tag lookup feature that basically download the tags from internet.

Good Luck.
Daniel

Illnois USA

Post Number: 3
how do i format the harddrive

Anonymous

Humm... It seems that you are not a tech guy, maybe you should ask for help before doing this.... But, basically what you have to do is:

1) Connect the mp3 player to a computer using a USB cable.
2) Turn mp3 player on.
3) Open Windows Explorer and your mp3 player should appear as a "Removal Storage" drive, so you can basically access it just like you do with your regular C:\ drive.
4) From here you can do whatever you want. Maybe you should try just deleting all the files from the \Music directory before actually formatting the hard drive.
5) After deleting the files, right click the removable drive icon and choose "eject" in order to flush any changes from the PC cache to the mp3 player.
6) Now you are safe to disconnect the mp3 player from the USB.
7) Profile the contents again. A quick note here is that using the PC to profile the contents is much faster than actually doing it through the mp3 player.

Just FYI, this mp3 player like many others is just a notebook hard-drive with some electronics/firmware to play mp3 files.

Also, Keep in mind that if you format the hard-drive it will also erase the firmware that resides in it; therefore you will need download the latest firmware from http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/DownloadsLanding.html
and upload it to the mp3 player. (basically just run it on your PC and it will take care of uploading to the Lyra mp3 player).

Regards,
Daniel

Illnois USA

Post Number: 4
thanks for the help but that did not work i did all that and it ask me to profile after i updated and eveyrhing and it still frezes

Anonymous

Oh man, I am sorry to hear this...

The last thing I would recommend then (if you haven't formatted the mp3 player yet) is to plug it again onto your computer and perform a hard drive error check to see if there are bad sectors or other issues with the hard drive.

After that upload the latest firmware again, because your firmware may be corrupted.

Good luck,
Daniel

Anonymous

By the way... I assume you have already tried reseting the device by sticking a needle or something into that little reset hole, right ?

Illnois USA

Post Number: 5
yea a few times

Illnois USA

Post Number: 6
now that ive done all that stuff it comes up when i turn it on right away and say bad or missing lyra sys folder must update the lyrahd system files and the thing is ive done all that ive instaled all the software and everything updated all that stuff any ideals>?

Anonymous

Ok,

The firmware is missing.
All you have to do now is to upload the latest firmware.

The name of the file you have to download and run to upgrade the firmware 40FWUpgrade_v161.exe.

Regards,
Daniel

Anonymous

Here is the link to download the file:

http://download.rca.com/download/40FWUpgrade_v161.exe

Illnois USA

Post Number: 7
i know i soound like a real idot but but i did all that 2 times now any more ideals for me

Anonymous

Man... This is a simple process. I am starting to believe that your mp3 player is really wrecked...

Anyways...
What happens when you run the firmware file on your PC ???
Make sure the mp3 player is connected to your PC, the drivers are installed (that little Lyra tray thingy), turn the mp3 player on and run the file.

It should save Firmware version 1.61 to your mp3 player and also create all necessary folders such as the LyraSys folder, Music, etc..

After running the firmware upgrade, reconnect the mp3 player to your PC and you should see the folders and files just by browsing with Windows Explorer.....

Illnois USA

Post Number: 8
the firmware updates and instals itself and my lyra flashes do not disconect and all those things hapen and i can see the file in lyrasys and all of that it lets me add mp3s to the player and it shows up when i reconect it but it just wont turn on after the mp3 screan shows up i think i relay did wreck it maybe i should just toss it

Anonymous

i have an mp3 player from ebay and my brother formatted it causing it to lose the firmware, iv looked everywere and i cant find a replacement file for it, can u point me or send me replacement firmware?? thanks si-(itssimon1@hotmail.com) my hotmail for answers

Amy j
Unregistered guest
im such a blonde i cant even figure out how to use it

Unregistered guest
Its easy to replace the firmware.
1) Connect the player to the computer.
2) If you haven't yet, install the software that came with your player.
3) Open the Lyra Tray Application.
4) On your system tray (near the clock), look for a litle blue logo that says "Lyra".
5) Right click on that and go to Update System Files.
6) Select your player in the list, and click update device.

Samar
Unregistered guest
I got a Lyra 2840 from ebay and had some of the troubles I have read here. I have a couple of suggestions.

You should have got a cd with your player that has application software & drivers on it. The disk also has a .pdf file on it that is the complete owner's manual. It will answer a lot of your questions. If you can't figure out how to open that .pdf file (not technically minded enough), you are going to have a lot of trouble using this device.

Don't use the Musicmatch Jukebox that came with the player. I don't know how well the upgraded musicmatch works. I didn't upgrade. I have found that Windows Media Player is easier to use. When you Rip music from a cd use the button "find album info" before you rip and make sure everything is right and makes sense. You can edit anything you want. I rip multi cd recorded books into my library. If you do this make sure you call the number of the cd 01,02,03 and so on if you have more than 10 cd's, because the player profiles them oddly with 1 first then 10,11,12,13 up to 19 then comes 2 then 20,21 and so on. If you are downloading files and there are more than 100 for an audiobook name them bookname 001, bookname 002 and so on.

If you rip songs from several cd's from the same artist the device profiles them alphabetically. To avoid listening alphabetically find your music on the player from the album menu rather than the artist menu.
I hope this is helpful.

Unregistered guest
Looking for some more help on the RD2840.

Trying to fix a friends jukebox. It appears than in attempting to fix it himself, he formatted the drive with NTFS. I KNOW it has to be Fat32, but when I attach the drive to my XP machine, the option to "delete partition" in diskmanager is greyed out for the drive. because it attaches usb, I can't boot to DOS and attempt to format the drive again.

Anyone know of a software program that will format a partition on an XP box from the command prompt for Fat32 (XP won't format a fat32 driver larger than 32GB). If I could delete the partition, I'd just make it a 30GB partition and be done with it, but I can't because of the greyed out option

Unregistered guest
Hi,
my RD2840, when i try to upload songs on it...it takes forever and then it says "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error" what does that mean? It was workign fine and then this message started appearing. I've tried on 3 computers and it still does it...can someone tell me whats wrong?

nonamedperson
Unregistered guest
my computer doesnt recognize that my player is a lyra jukebox device

what do i do?

bryan44023
Unregistered guest
my lyras volume got broke and i dont know if there is any other way to turn it up without having to open it? if not what do i do to fix it?

Unregistered guest
I can no longer access my internal drive, I get an I/O Device Error on the internal drive of my RCA Lyra 1021A mp3 player. I can still play the songs on the player though. I can also no longer access the 512 mb card I installed on it. I transfered songs last night and this morning I can not play the songs from the drive, nor access it from my computer

abcdef
Unregistered guest
i can't acces my player. i get an i/o device error. i cant do anything. what should i do

happy_rd2840_owner
Unregistered guest
I have a RD2840 RCA MP3 player since two years ago so I invested a lot of time saving thousand of mp3 files (around 6,000) and a couple of months ago I had the problem that somehow I was able to corrupt the data in hard drive, so I thought I lost everything (songs and mp3 player). I found out in ebay a guy that fixes Mp3 players along other electronics, and he was able to recover my files and have fixed my RD2840. You may contact him for the problems your are experiencing.

Ebay username = great_items_2004
link= http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZgreatQ5fitemsQ5f2004

Good luck.

Unregistered guest
my rd2840 says failed to load files reset or update lyrahd then goes right off everytime i turn it on. it wont even connect to my computer throught the usb wats wrong and wat should i do

nathanlistr
Unregistered guest
does anyone know if the battery in the lyra can become worn out, unable to hold a proper charge? And if so, can the battery be replaced?

Unregistered guest
I did something realy dumb quit a while ago i formated my removable drive my mp3 player and now it comes up with a messaye saying "File Load Failed" so basically i deleted the system files please could you help me and send a reply thanks

ken_11
Unregistered guest
my rd2840 says failed to load files reset or update lyrahd then goes right off everytime i turn it on. it wont even connect to my computer throught the usb wats wrong and wat should i do

doodad
Unregistered guest
I could format the drive in my Lyra 2820 in Windows (XP) Explorer (right click drive, select Format, click OK). I dropped the 2820, RCA replaced it under warranty w/2840. Two years later, OOPS I drop the 2840. Try to reformat but Explorer's Format window had File System and Allocation Unit fields greyed out (due to drive size?). Solution: Open Explorer and delete ALL files from 2840; open DOS prompt and use Format command there; reapply latest Lyra firmware; resynch. DOS Format command won't work if files exist on the 2840 drive, must be wiped first. Back to normal now.

Username: Yohog999

hey guys i have a lyra 2850 and when i was using lyra dj it froze and said that i have no music files on the mp3 player. now when i try to turn it on it says that the system files are bad and try to reset the player or download new software. When i try to sync with my comp. it says unknown driver on the usb port and it wont connect. Please help me!!!!

Username: Lildevil

Hi everyone,

Well I have to same problem too with my lyra 2840, when I turn it on it says bad or missing config.exe files. must updatethe lyra HD system files. I knew why because I accidently deleted the lyrasys files so it won't work. However I just fix it. I right click on the lyra icon and choose update system files, then mess around with some others parts too. Then I launch the lyra DJ and then put my music into lyra folder :f/music and it works :D. Well lucky mine is a piece of cake, hopes you guys will get urs fixed too. Just try to mess with it don't be afraid, either way it's already bad so why not give it a shot!! :D Good Luck!!

Username: Joker131

Beachwood, New jersey U.S.A

ok wen i turn my mp3 player on it says "file system currupted" wat do i do man :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us