Which MP3 player would be the best for gym use?

Bronze Member
Username: Lobo65

Post Number: 23
Hi. Just wondering if someone can give me advice on what kind of MP3 player I should buy. I recently had an RCA Lyra SD1090, but it was a piece of junk that lasted less than a year.

The best thing about it was that it had a handy arm strap that didn't interfere when I lifted weights.

I mainly want a new one for the gym. Are the Apple Mini Ipods pretty good, and are they small enough that they would not get in the way when lifting weights if used with an arm band?

I want to make sure the music files I have on my computer will transfer to the Ipod if I buy one. I run Windows XP, and have USB capability.
Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Oh, and I use the Music Match jukebox to store my files because it came installed on my Dell PC. I don't remember what format the files are in. I ripped them from my cd's.

Hopefully it's compatible for conversion to Itunes if I go that route.

Username: Madman91

United States

Post Number: 3
the mini is great it shouldnt be a hassle but if it is u can always tuck the cable in the band or whatever

itunes is great

p.s. u can also use musicmatch for ipod

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks Greg. I will buy a Mini one of these days, but for now I wound up with a Sandisk 1 gb player. It works ok so far, and has a good FM tuner.

I did some research, and just didn't want to take a chance on tearing the mini up when I was lifting weights. I'll stick with a flash player for now.

When I buy a Mini it will be for normal use. Not for exercise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us