RCA LYRA RD2840 HELP!!! Blue Screen of Death

Username: Baileyboi

Post Number: 1
Can anyone please help me, this problem has wracked my brain for a while now. I bought my Lyra off of ebay and it worked perfectly for the first month and then everything went crazy. It turns on and goes to a blue screen and doesn't do anything from there. I've tried to plug it on to my PC but it also goes straight to a blue screen or the PC does not recognize it. This is disheartening and I just want it to work. If anyone can help me out please let me know!

Don_don
Unregistered guest
Im having the same freaking problme i can view all my files but when i plug it in the computer the damn thing wont work.. I should have bought an IpOD

Username: Broman

I have the same problem with my rd2840, I get the blue screen and then it tells me that it couldn't load my files and to reset. But it won't reset when I hit the button and my PC doesn't recognize it when I plug it in. Let me know can this problem be fix or do I just thrash this thing and get something else.

Jo-e-o
Unregistered guest
I've had the same problem. I just have to let it run out of batteries, then charge it. It works almost all the time.

Username: Freeringtones

http://www.techolio.com/rd2780_upgrade/

Here you can see a link to a program called H2Format try to use this, it worked for my RD2780

Or you can upgrade to the latest model,

Rca Rd2850 Lyra or Rca Rd2850 Lyra Jukebox Mp3 Player

Don_don
Unregistered guest
Nop.. still not able to conect to pc :-( some of my songs wont play it says there are errors on the disk.. any other sugestions jon?? can i Buy an HD for it? i payed 300 bux a year ago i dont think i can upgrade.. I know what "RCA" sands for
Real Crap Apliances Fv<k RCA!!

Username: Broman

Post Number: 2
Well RCA said they will give me a new one for 59.99 since I haven't had my for a year yet. So there not trying to fix it at all. Since I can't get it fix maybe I can learn what I did to make it get this way and hopefully not do this agian.

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 23
These things are made so cheaply they are not worth fixing nowadays.

See if they will give you a discount on one of these...

RCA Lyra RD2840

Unregistered guest
Here's an interesting thing. My RD2840 functions perfectly with my computer, however the buttons on the front seem to not want to respond, reguardless of resets, battery discharges etc. I think it may have something to do with leaving it hooked up to the PC at all times. (As a secondary drive.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us