Problems with my creative Muvo NX

Username: Sdo123

Post Number: 1
I recently tried to add more tracks to my 256MB Creative Muvo. When I deleted all the tracks to make space, the "properties" still suggested that some space was being used up. I formatted the drive and then added a whole new load of tracks. Now it doesnt work at all. When I turn the Muvo on all that happens is that two symbols appear. One is an exclamation mark (!) in a triangle and the other is what looks like a microchip symbol.
Can anyone help?

Sarah Lady
Unregistered guest
Mine is the exact same - bar the ! mark - it only plays a certain album then gets to a certain point - then skips back to the start again - pile of rubbish

Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 5
I think you need the driver update.....

NOMAD MuVo NX Driver Update version 1.01.02
MVNX-WBDRV-1-L8

This NOMAD MuVo NX driver update is a prerequisite for upgrading to NOMAD MuVo NX Firmware Upgrade version 1.30.09. Unlike the typical scenario where only Windows 98 Second Edition users have to install drivers for their NOMAD MuVo NX players to function properly, this driver update is meant for all supported Windows operating systems.

Added Features or Enhancements:

Enables you to format your MuVo NX player in Windows Explorer using the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. For this feature to work, install Creative NOMAD MuVo NX Firmware Upgrade version 1.30.09 after installing this driver update.
Requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition
USB port, version 1.1 or 2.0
NOMAD MuVo NX player
Notes:

This driver update only works with NOMAD MuVo NX players. Do not install this update to a NOMAD MuVo or NOMAD MuVo TX player.
To install this driver, do the following:
Locate and double-click the .EXE driver update file.
Follow the instructions to install the driver update.

Or you can upgrade to the latest and greatest in MP3 Players,
Rca Rd2850 Lyra or Rca Rd2850 Lyra Jukebox Mp3 Player

Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 6
NOMAD MuVo NX Driver Update version 1.01.02
MVNX-WBDRV-1-L8

http://www.asia.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

Unregistered guest
Thanks JM, I had same problem like Simon and your advice works just fine..
Regards from Europe
Anton

Wendy
Unregistered guest
help please just acquired a creative NoVo NX mp3 player and unfortunately the disc got broken and obviously won't load in pc....is there any where i can get a new one or download a program so i can copy tracks...am new to this...

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 75
You can always get the latest driver, firmware, or software directly from Creative's own website.

Goto http://www.creative.com

Then navigate to Support & then Downloads

Unregistered guest
I also have the same problem (after format) as Simon and Sarah, but couldn't solve the problem even after installing the drivers and firmware upgrade. It still shows microchip symbol and exclamation mark.

Can u tell me what procedure you followed to solve the issue? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
my creative muvo 256mb flash mp3 player was working a couple of weeks ago. then i had to backup some work on it, which entailed copying large folders to it (from win 98), transferring them onto another pc and then reformatting (in XP). I did this several times, and now when i switch the player on it says 'file system error'. what is wrong?

Unregistered guest
its not a driver issue i think its the fact its lost its firmware i think on the disc is a recovery file if so can someone help us all i have just got mine given to me and its got the microchip and an (!) in a triangle too

balajimicman
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem.
I downloaded the old driver from

http://cameras-and-mp3-player.free-driver-download.com/Creative/12029/Creative-M P3-Player-NOMAD-MuVo-NX-Driver-1.00.09.78-Win98SE-ME.html

and using the initializer tool I formatted the disk. It worked...

Unregistered guest
sooo what does one do when it says "file system error"?? I dont think its the driver

push
Unregistered guest
btw - for anyone that's interested - the old driver works in XP. You can initialise your player, then upgrade to the latest firmware and driver. :-)

push
Unregistered guest
btw - for anyone that's interested - the old driver works in XP. You can initialise your player, then upgrade to the latest firmware and driver. :-)

boi
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me? I just bought a muvoN200 creative 512mb player. It worked fine the first two days, but then I transferred an audio tape directly into it and now it won't play any music. Everytime i turn it on it says no recording and when I go to the music option or radio option it freezes and won't turn off unless I take the battery out.

JoeKiely
Unregistered guest
hey i had same issue... after refortmatting... but i got all new firmware, do u just add it to the flash drive, and it sill open and install itself?

Mikey001
Unregistered guest
My daughter's Muvo TX has developed a weird fault.When downloading or when copying from a CD all that is captured is the backing track or backing vocals. The main vocal track is not there or is heavily distorted. Even weirder - when the TX is plugged into the USB port and played back through the PC the faulty recording becomes OK ! I have re-formatted to no avail. Could the fault lie in the battery pack ??

Anonymous

Mikey001, check that the equalisation isn't set to max treble, minimum bass on the player - not sure about any other suggestions

Unregistered guest
I got a regular MuVo 128MB mp3 player. I can't find a driver on the Creative website for Mac OS X. Does anyone know if I can even use it with a Mac?? I got the player from a friend I cleared it out and put a few songs on it and it worked, but after i cleared it out a second time, It won't let me transfer anything to the thumb drive. It has nothing on it, and according to the window in Finder it only has 300 kb of free space?? I don't understand??

Username: Cloudsurfer

ScarboroughEngland

I also have a problem with The Muvo NX but it is not 1 that is listed above. When i plug the MP3 Player into the back of the PC it does not read the MP3 player at first i thought it may be i had not give it long enough so i left it in for 30 minutes and it still did not read it so i tried three different computers and it still did not read it ( i have also tried it on different operating systems but they still do not read i have installed the software as well can anybody please help!

Username: Cloud_doa

Lake forest, CA United States

Well I got a 4GB Muvo Nomad2 and everytime I turn it on its keeps going to recovering mode and even before that it says I have a firmware error..then I tryed to reboot it once and all my songs just got deleted so plz can someone help?

Unregistered guest
I have a muvo tx 256 mb mp3. i have windows 95. (I know, ancient). It won't work. It says It can't find the driver. Please, someone help!!

psycho
Unregistered guest
My computer does not recognise the device when I plug my 256 MB MuvoNX in. It is less than 1 year old. Is this a problem with my computer or my mp3 player?

K Graham
Unregistered guest
My son got his MuVo N200 today and we can't get it to play. The manual and website isn't helpful. Any suggestions?

Nicky
Unregistered guest
Having problems with my MuVo N200.It turns off automatically when i switch to the microphone and FM recording option and also when i try to skip track backwards. Anyone experienced the same problems?

Unregistered guest
My Muvo 512MB recently stopped playing any tracks. I formated the drive, reloaded. Still no joy.
Solution was to go to creative website, choose downloads, choose the correct model, save the "firmware" file in a directory you can easily find.
Then run that file WITH the muvo attached to your PC and it has worked wonders since.
I am no techie, it really was easy for anyone to do. I would try that as you first attempt to solve any problems. It probably wouldn't need a format so you should keep your tracks, (but no promises on that one.)

Anonymous

I bought my little blue 256 KB Muvo, it worked fine for a week, then I downloaded lots of songs (still under 256 KB) and now as soon as I turn it on, it plays for 2 minutes and dies on me - every time. I thought it was the battery - but no. What could it be?

Unregistered guest
i have this same mp3 player.....but, when i put mine in my computer usb port...it's not reconinsing it's there so i can't so anything with it. i've had it since christmas and has worked fine up to now...does anyone know what i can do?

ap202
Unregistered guest
I have a regular Muvo 128mb and I am wondering if it will be able to play songs in my car.I have already bought an USB port adapter and it has not arrived yet.

holla@anigga
Unregistered guest
i know niggaz its all the same

bristol ben
Unregistered guest
wen turning on my muvo tx mp3 player ill that comes up is file system error if any one can help me with this problem send an answer to keegan_ben@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
i have got a muvo nx 128mb but when i plug it into the usb port of my pc it is not found. i have tried lots of drivers of the internet but they dont work. i tried add new hardware wizard but that only picks up "sm bus controller". i have lost the cd. i dont know what is wrong because a month ago it worked perfectly. it does not work on other computers either.

Unregistered guest
hi.... wot do i have to do if my mp3 doesnt work when i plug it in comp n it doesnt find anything ...n when i try n turn the god damn thing on it tells me "!" file system error!?!?!?!?!?!? any1 know? plz help

dannnnnnyyy
Unregistered guest
email me if u know plz at .... danny_layyed@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
My Muvo 128MB had formating problems. I contacted creative and got the following response below. This worked for a while and might fix some of the posts on this site I have read.

After 7 months this no longer works.

I now get the following problem.

Anyone got any ideas. I have e-mailed creative, waiting on a response still.

1. Won't format using the way desribed bellow (updates correctly). Format only works part of the way.

2. When inserted into a computer USB port it is recognised and shows up to windows explorer. Capacity shown at 123mb in windows explorer.

3. I am able to drop MP3's onto it but but when MuVo is safely removed (correctly) and the attached to the computer it does not have the MP3 file on it.

4. When I try to play the red light switches on immediately (I assume this is a sign of the player being empty).

Regarding your enquiry, please try the following.

1. Download and install the latest driver and firmware from the link
below in the order as shown.

Link 1
http://asia.creative.com/support/drivers/welcome.asp?search=MUVO_DRV_LB_1_00_04_ 250.exe&region=2&LangID=1033&NewUDD=&Submit=Search&x=35&y=8

Link 2
http://asia.creative.com/support/drivers/welcome.asp?search=MuVoAudible_PCFW_1_4 0_12_L4.exe&region=2&LangID=1033&NewUDD=&Submit=Search&x=31&y=11

2. After you have install the driver, press and hold the PLAY button,
continue holding the button while inserting the player into the USB
port.

3. When inserted in the USB port, continue to hold the PLAY button for
about 10 seconds. The player Recovery drivers should load. Then you can
release the button.

4. Run the application file - MuVoAudible_PCFW_1_40_12_L4.exe

5. Check/tick the 'Format Data Area' check box.

6. Click on 'Start'.

Stephanie25
Unregistered guest
I am trying to get my Muvo N200 to work on a Mac running OSX 10.3.9 and ITunes 4.9. Everytime i load the muvo it asks me to format the drive. I have downloaded the Muvo helper but no joy. I have managed to get it to play a couple of tracks but when i copied a whole album it just died and asked me to format it again. Please help!

Unregistered guest
all whom use mac .... if youve ever put songs on the muco 128 meg mp3 player and it worked fine then you erased the songs ......when you go to put new songs on it it says theres not enough space , its because ....well i dont know why but mac creates a garbage file on the player and it fills up all the space , I didnt know it did this until i pluged it into a pc and erased the file .....when its was plugged into my mac it just said not enough space , but didnt show the file so i guess that makes it mac compatable if you also have a pc ...wierd

Unregistered guest
worked awesome for removing ! mark and chip indication. MuVoNXPCDrv1_00_09_78_US I had nothing but heartache before and also made the mistake of formatting w/ win vice using the initializer! Now i am running just fine on XP and use the creative media source organizer for transferring files. Thanks!

Rick R
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where you can get a driver to have my nomadII work under windows xp media edition? Mine works fine under 2000 but windows media edition doesn't recognize the drive?

stephen65329
Unregistered guest
this is to mel4028

the same thing happened to my muvo and now i have fixed it. you have to move around the device in the usb port and switch on your speakers. keep on moving it around until your pc makes a sound and it says that your new hardware is installed.

hope this helps

Anonymous

MAC trash problem solution

You can delete the .trash file with any (non-COCOA/non-CARBON) UNIX file commander. With this you can also delete and move files without creating a .trash file.

I use mucommander (java) to move files from my camera into my Mac without using iPhoto.

Another alternative is to empty your trash while your USB memory (Muvo) is connected. This will set the file-size of .trash to 0 byte. But it won't remove it.

And of course you could use the terminal or write a shell script...

Unregistered guest
i have a creative 512mb NOMAD MuVo TX which will not work anymore and i dont have a clue why it says on the screen of it that theres a file system error then turns off. when i tried to find out what was wrong with it on the pc by right clicking on properties it said that there is nothing wrong with the device when i tried trouble shooting it just made me go around in circles looking for the answer and i never got it. and even though it says theres nothing on it ive tried formatting it but every time i click on format well the formatting box never comes up so i cant format it and its the same on my dads computer.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the answer? if so i will be eternally greatful i miss my music so much!

Chandra
Unregistered guest
my MuVo TX FM won't turn on at all after I changed the battery??? Anyone have the same problem??

Unregistered guest
I have a MuVo TX. Lately it has this wierd problem. When I plug it into any USB slot (tried many computers) it automatically starts plying and does not show up in the explorer. Can not upload anything.

l337knight
Unregistered guest
my computer wont reckonize my muvo when i put it in the Usb port

creative idiot
Unregistered guest
Problem: My new MuVo TX FM (512) would only play music once plugged into a PC's USB. It wouldn't be recognized as a flash drive.

Solution: I think the USB connector is a little loose. Just keep moving it around.. also, I tried it on a Mac and it worked immediately. And since then it has been working on PCs (it seems).

hols
Unregistered guest
a while ago i had the 'file system error' on my muvo 256mb and i reformatted it and it worked fine afterwards, but it has completely died now. the computer doesnt recognise it, and it wont even turn on. HELP!!!
i dont want to buy a new one, because this one was a birthday present!

random guest
Unregistered guest
you're not supposed to use windows to format the drive, you probably erased something that is vital for it to operate.

Unregistered guest
my muvo n200 recognised the mp3 file from the documents folder, but now it no longer does. i've no idea why. i've only gotten it for 2 days. PLease, someone who knows wats worng, please help me. PLease, please, please.

tristar
Unregistered guest
i live in england and i bought a muvo nx from canada,i the downloaded music on to it but the music would not play,what should i do?

Anonymous

Windows XP can not connect MuVo TX FM 512 MB after upgrading firmware from version 1.13.03 to 1.17.04. Neither to turn it on with the battery base. XP system still report device was successful installed and ready to use, but no removable drive icon appeared. I followed exactly procedure described from http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp, and saw software version was changed to 1.17.04, has anyone experienced this kind of problem?

Murf
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. Upgrading driver and firmware would not work.
I was able to power up the unit by removing the battery and then reinserting it while holding in the power button.I then exported the files to the PC hard drive, and reformated the player thru "my Computer". Everything now appears to be fine. Hope this helps you.

Anonymous

Ok I don't have a muvo but I have a vr3 mp320t 128mb flash player with built in FM transmitter and well It shut itself off and I cannot turn it back on I tried changing the battery and still nothing, I read the manual that came with it under the trouble shooting guide I found my problem listed "The player will not turn on even after I have replaced the battery" it says that the cause was from being near a magnetic field (which is true I had been near a magnet with it I didnt realize it would effect it i also hadnt realised it was near a magnet till it was too late.. there was a magnet in the little door handle ouch thing in the car and I set the mp3 player in there without thinking). It said the solution was to upgrade my firmware.. I found the firmware update software on the cd rom that came with it... now the problem is I cannot turn my player on so my computer will not recognize it and the firmware upgrade wont work if my computer cant find the mp3 player.. so what do I do now? send it to the company? call and ask the tech support? or something is there any other solution?any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

PS. on my last post I forgot to mention that when I try to upgrade the firmware I get it to come up saying its searching for devices connected to the system folled by an error that reads "Unable to open bootmanager.sb firmwarefile." sorry for posting twice I didnt think of it till after it was too late lol.

kaylanicole
Unregistered guest
i just got a muvo n200 mp3 and i don't even know how to put music on it i've tried everything and the directions nor the websites help PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahgozar
Unregistered guest
I have a Nomad Muvo. For a month it ceased to function; I couldn't format it, I couldn't open it, and it kept giving me the error that it was not formatted. I even reinstalled its software from its original CD, it still didn't work. Then, from some of the suggestions in this forum, I went to Creative website and downloaded their new driver software. As soon as I connected the USB to my laptop, it started to work. So to solve problems, I suggest first trying the new driver posted on creative website.

Have a wonderful experience,

A Rahgozar

annonymus
Unregistered guest
we have lost the instructions for our muvo (64mb version), can someone plz tell me how you turn the annoying thing on? thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a creative muvo, 256mb and it came with no disc (it was free, i think my dad got it for having msn premium) so, therfor i cant install the drivers and what not. i plug it into the USB and from then on, the "unplug or eject hardware" wont work and it doesnt show up when i explore from start, or go to my computer.
what can i do?
email advice please

Unregistered guest
i have a creative muvo, 256mb and it came with no disc (it was free, i think my dad got it for having msn premium) so, therfor i cant install the drivers and what not. i plug it into the USB and from then on, the "unplug or eject hardware" wont work and it doesnt show up when i explore from start, or go to my computer.
what can i do?
email advice please

Unregistered guest
what can i do?
email advice please

Confused_
Unregistered guest
SOUND PROBLEM ON MUVO TX FM

i have a creative muvo tx fm. it was working fine, and smoothly until recently.

there is a vibrating sound or some kind of a disturbance on the sound whenever I play the files.

i checked the earpiece and it is working fine.
after further investigation, i noticed that the sound problem only occurs in MP3 FILES and NOT on WMA files!!!! How do I troubleshoot this?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks so much

Mr. confused

Jpresch
Unregistered guest
I have the 256MB mouvo and I get some kind of digital distortion that truly makes it impossable to listen to. I tried ever kind of sound file...nothing seems to help. Its not the headphone jack its the player. Is there some kind of upgrade I can get to help me help my MuVo or do I really need to buy an ipod.

khvh
Unregistered guest
Hopefully someone can help me. When I transfer tracks from my PC to my 512MB mouvo it puts them in alphabetical order rather than the track order. Does anyone know how to reformat folders in the mouvo so that it will play according to the track order and not alphabetical order?

WLSoh
Unregistered guest
Hi khvh, try this, rename your folders with a prefix 01_Folder, 02_folder, 03_folder and it should work.

For those who are experiencing inexplicable shut downs during menu changes eg. Changing from Music to FM mode or to Recording mode, try upgrading the firmware http://www.asia.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp
Upgrading the firmware will usually solve most of these problems.

Also, if you are not using your MP3 player for a long time, please remove the batteries! (this applies to all MP3 players using commercial batteries)

NEVER NEVER format your MP3 storage using Windows, use the program supplied to do the job or erase the files from the MP3 player itself. Formatting your MP3 player (those with built in memory) will usually kill it from my experience.

For people who are experiencing weird sounds, try another pair of headphones and see if it still produces that sound. You also check to see if your headphone jack contacts are dirty or badly fitted. Change to a fresh battery to see if the problem still exists, if not you must try the firmware upgrade.

Although these things are solid state and should be durable, they are susceptible to high humidity and temperature changes. Subject them to the elements and rough handling will shorten the lifespan. Also, these things don't last forever and will fail eventually, all consumer electronics companies don't want to sell you something that lasts forever, they can if they want to, but it will kill their business! On average, if you can get 2 to 3 years of enjoyment from them, you will be ready to upgrade by then.

Anonymous

When I turn on my MuVo Creative 1GB, the battery is dead. This happens even if it was a new battery. Why does it do this? I know I turn it off. It's wasting a whole lot of batteries.

Username: Ryto

my creative muvo N200 256mb wont turn on it only shows creative then truns off really fast what do i do!

franksax
Unregistered guest
to mikey001
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=15118&post=320867#POST320867 re: wierd fault, May 2005
The fault may lie in the connection cable. If there is a short circuit in the cable or for that matter in the plug or socket then the left and right sterio signals will combine into mono and the centre of the sound source will be cancelled out (phase cancellation). Sorry this info comes a bit late. I am having a read through the site in the hope of getting my old muvo 128mb mp3 to work with my imac now that the pc has died. Not holding out much hope.

Dave M
Unregistered guest
My Muvo TX FM is also draining its battery when switched off. Thinking about returning it. Are others having this problem?

Anonymous

i have a vr MP320T and the screen just went blank but i can still listen to music can someone tell me how to help me fix my mp3

Unregistered guest
I have a MuVo N200 which I have used for a few months now, in which it did not have any problems. Recently however it fails to boot all the way up. It just loads the Creative and MuVo N200 screen then shuts down again. I experimented with it for awhile and can get it to stay on once in like 30 tries, and even then if i try to skip tracks it dies again. It has full battery power and everything...I've no clue what to do.

hmm how to fix it?
Unregistered guest
my muvo n200
work just fine for only five days
now it play crap sound with any *.mp3 songs
but *.wma has no problem
what happen?

Username: Rs1991

Na, Na Na

HI
help me plz i got this new creative muvo NX 128mb and my sister was listen to it and it was fine then she recoreded something and then listen to it in VOICE and now evry time you turn it on it starts up in the voice menu and when u try and get to the music menu it freezes and it wont turn off or anything . i have to take the battery out to turn it off
plz help -im miss my music- if anyoff u's can help plz email me At : sweet_devil73@hotmail.com
thankyou Renee

Unregistered guest
seems like we all have the same damn problem with it. i'm sick of it! I dont know what else to do, right now the computer doesnt recognise it!!!!!
can anybody help me???? Im about to throw myself out the window

Unregistered guest
I put an album on the drive and it worked fine enough, but when i came to delete it. the album folder appeared empty and do i deleted it.

Looking at the propeties of the device. i only have just under half my space left. It is being occupied by something. That i cant see.....

Please help!

WNxJedi
Unregistered guest
Hmmm, how to fix it. If you are using media source to load files onto it. make sure smart fit is not on. This makes the sound quality considerably less and could be your problem

Dont buy a micro, buy a muvo
Unregistered guest
Right! I fixed the damn problem.

You DO need to download the patch, no question however dont panic and use the windows format... Thats the worst decision you can make. Be sure to open up creative nx in your start menu (after installation of the patch) and use the media initializer.

Once open, well, initialize and your problems will be gone

[i write this for those of you that have problems with invisible files occupying your space.]

K0t1e
Unregistered guest
i have a muvo 4gb mp3 player. i put a load of music on and managed to crash it. it begins to turn on, thinks about it for a bit then crashes. the only way i can then turn it off is to remove the battery. i want to know whether it can be fixed and if so... how?

luzjustich
Unregistered guest
how do I put my devise in "recovery mode"??
( 512mb MuVoN200 creative )

no1mandy
Unregistered guest
how do yu transfer files from itunes to muvo. I have just got my muvo nomad and it shows folders but no files in them. is this to do with itunes protecting files for copyright. please help in despair!!!!

Unregistered guest
i hav a creative muvo nx 128mb. i deleted all the files in it and now it doesnt switch on. WHAT DO I DO????????? HELP PLEAZZZZZZZZ

Johan funke
Unregistered guest
I downloaded the driver and the firmware from:
http://www.asia.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP&r egion=2&Product_Name=MuVo+NX&Product_ID=4884&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10& drivertype=0&x=22&y=15
This link is only for the NX model of NUVO!
Install the driver on your PC first, with your MUVO DISCONNECTED to your PC.
When the driver is completely installed connect your MUVO while pressing the PLAY-button and keep holding it pressed for about 10 seconds then the driver start to work.
At last install the new firmware just by running the .exe firmware you just downloaded.
All these instructions are available if you click the show information at the site of the link above.
Quite and easy in fact.
Good luck!

Johan Funke

evesweater
Unregistered guest
Use MuVo TX FM with Mac OSX.
I've been haggling with this problem for days. Muvo helper didn't help muccommander didn't help etc. After you load up your songs using Itunes, close the program. Open up the drive for the player, Empty the trash on the computer, then log off of the computer before disconnecting the player. Once logged off, yank out the player and listen freely. I guess the problem is Mac OSX throws on some unneeded files when you eject the player, so I just took the ejecting out of the equation. everything works great now.

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone! How you doin?

I have the same problem that someone who posted on Sept 06 had, except for the versions, so I kinda copy-pasted it:

Windows XP can not connect MuVo TX FM 512 MB after upgrading firmware from version (original version) to 1.18.02. Neither to turn it on with the battery base. My Windows XP doesn't detect it when I plug it normally, but it DOES detect it when I plug it while pressing Play button (detects it as recovery device). I followed exactly procedure described from http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp, and saw software version was changed to 1.18.02.

Then I tried this solution, posted by Murf on Sept 07
...I was able to power up the unit by removing the battery and then reinserting it while holding in the power button.I then exported the files to the PC hard drive, and reformated the player thru "my Computer"...

But that isn't working for me, so what can I do? I downloaded ver 1.19.01 but it won't detect it either. Thx for any help you can provide!

my head hurts
Unregistered guest
SOUND PROBLEM With MuVo N200

my n200 has a sound problem too- sometimes some songs make a noise like a referee's whistle when base kicks in- other times those songs play fine! sometimes songs with little or no base also whistle at me, not headphones or battery problems- please help me!! or do i just need to get a better mp3 player?

Unregistered guest
please help me! i have the 128mb usb 2.0 and i think is full and i can't open it. and i keep having the mesage that its not formated. What can i do to open it and get my files? if i format it it will erase everything?

Plz anyone, HELP!!!
Unregistered guest
I bought a muvo tx fm during this year and i've had it for quite some time now. Just recently, whenever i listen to it, the songs sound like its underwater or something. When i listen to the fm radio for a few mins and listen to the mp3's again, everything seems normal.I've tried the battery, i've tried the earphones. I dunno if reformatting would work, but i'm scared it will totally damage the player.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP BECAUSE I'M GETTING DESPERATE!
THANKYOU in advance.

Stu87
Unregistered guest
Ok, i'm kinda crap at all this.... but i've got a muvo nx 256mb... i screwed it up totally by trying to format... and i get the computer chip the same as everybody else. I realise that I need the driver or something. I just don't know how to get it onto the muvo itself. Can somebody please help me out, I would appreciate it a lot.

Plz anyone, HELP!!!
Unregistered guest
Hi again, a couple of things i forgot to mention in my last post. When the songs sound like they are playing underwater or something and i try to skip tracks, sometimes it freezes and the only way to turn it off is to take the battery out. The other thing i didnt mention is the fact that it sometimes turns off by itself when im skipping tracks when the songs sound like they are underwater.
Thanks again.

Plz anyone, HELP!!!
Unregistered guest
P.S. I think the wma tracks on my muvo tx fm are working fine i think its just the mp3's....

Unregistered guest
Hello guys,
I have a muvo NOMAD 1.5 GB , recently it fell down and went in to error recovery mode v1.00 . I have tried all options and it says media error for all options,Pls help me out to have my payer back to life............thanx in advance, my mail ID is kiranvelaga@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous

OSX people.....For anyone who got a muvo and has OSX, do the Muvo helper thing (http://www.cg-tg.com/tutorials/mac/muvohlp/muvohlp.html)...Brian Souder is outstanding if you have any problems. The latest version of his software did not work for me (my OSX = 10.3.9) and so I wrote to him and he emailed right back with an earlier version of his software that solved all my problems!!! Can't get any better than that folks.

Username: Creativeguy

Philadelphia, PA United States

The MuVo NX's just need the firmware reloaded. The units are fine. Install the driver, and then insert the MuVo with the play button depressed for about 10 seconds. After the device mounts, run the firmware update. It will look like it is screwing up as it finishes erasing the firmware, and then tries to mount the empty device again. When the load screen comes up, load the firmware. You will know you have it right when both the top and bottom window have the current firmware number in them. Exit the firmware update. Then format the MuVo with FAT32 by right clicking. You can change the MuVo Name during the format if you would like. If you have any problems with your MuVo, they are pretty much indestructible. There is probably a fix for it. Drop me an email.

Post Number: 2
When the unit is not cooperating, you can depress the play button for 10 seconds to get the recovery mode to reset the unit. Insert the MuVo into the USB port with the play button depressed for about 10 seconds. It should help you reset the unit. If not, you can run the firmware update as described above to recover it. When you are loading firmware, you should make sure you use the firmware from the region you purchased the unit in. Also, make sure you use the firmware and driver appropriate to your player. You can select both of these requirements here:

http://creative.com/support/

If you require additional help, drop me an email.

Unregistered guest
I have a creative muvo 256. It worked great all summer, then I tried it again and it wont turn on at all. If I put the usb in the computer it works fine, but it wont work with the battery part. And yes, I have tried putting new batteries in it! Any help you can give?

Unregistered guest
I have a MuVo TX FM 512 and I'm desperate too!
I tried everything you writed but I can't switch it on. I can get it on Recovery Mode but the software doesn't work...

How can I do???

Username: Kindredspirit

Canada

Out of curiosity has anybody had problems with the sound? My player has been working fine until a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden only one earphone had full sound; the other side was audible but very faint. I've used different headsets, changed the battery, etc. The thing that I find odd is that it works perfectly fine if I'm listening to the radio. So obviously it's the MP3 portion of the player that's not working. I'm worried about downloading the new firmware, as the previous posts suggest, as it seems to be causing more problems.
I only just bought it in July 2005 and frankly I don't want to spend money to replace it. This is typically the main reason why I don't buy the new fancy gadgets right away, as I'm always afraid this type of thing is going to happen. I should have stuck with my CD player...

Post Number: 3
Kindredspirit:

Do the reset I described above. It will fix your audio problem too. If it does not, drop me an email and let me know whet you are seeing.

All:
As an FYI: I believe 98 or 99% of the time - All of the problems listed here are caused by the player not being written to completely before the unit is being removed. Also, I have seen this type of problem even with the regular flash thumb drives. You are supposed to be able to just pull them out without unmounting them, but I have seen a large number of flash devices being rendered useless because the USB service is not being stopped in the tray before the user just pulls them out. I am looking for the article still, but make sure you use the eject command for your flash device from the My Computer on Windows (or stop the service in the system tray in the bottom right). On Macintosh, make sure you eject the device to unmount it. Linux, same thing, unmount the volume. This is true of all flash devices. When it says it is unmounted, makes sure you give it a few extra seconds. Even if you do all of this, it is still possible to have the problem, as we all know computers do strange things and don't do what they say they do. Fortunately, Creative provided a way of resetting their players.

Username: Arrgee

When the unit is not cooperating, you can depress the play button for 10 seconds to get the recovery mode to reset the unit. Insert the MuVo into the USB port with the play button depressed for about 10 seconds. It should help you reset the unit.

OK, done! but no joy. Installed MuVoNX_DRV_LB_1_01_02_250.exe tha latest driver. I see the h: drive but get 'H:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.'

If not, you can run the firmware update as described above to recover it. When you are loading firmware, you should make sure you use the firmware from the region you purchased the unit in. Also, make sure you use the firmware and driver appropriate to your player.

OK, I try the firmware MuVoNX_PCFW_US_l_30_09.exe (remember it knows it is on H: ). I get a dialog box. 'Initializing NOMAD Muvo NX Firmware Download... Searching for devices connected to the system... [Cancel]'

This hangs around for a few minutes. However it doesn't find it, instead I get 'NOMAD Muvo Firmware Download X The device is not connected to the USB Port. [OK] '

under safely remove hardware->properties

it says the driver is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UBSSTOR.SYS
provider Microsoft
version 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

I have XP home edition
version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpxp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : service pack 2)

Arghhh!

Any idea what I can do?

frustratedguy
Unregistered guest
I'm having a problem where I cannot get a MuVo TX FM 1gb to appear in My Computer at all. Also, I can't get any other flash drives to appear on this computer, not even one I put in for the first time! It's only not working on my Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook. It's working fine on other computers. I have a backup of all my music on there, and I want to put it back on. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 4
Arr gee:

It sounds like the updated driver from Creative is not loaded on your system. Go to the Creative website and download the driver below. Even if you think you loaded it, try it again. Then repeat your steps above.

NOMAD MuVo NX Driver Update version 1.01.02 (2.00 MB) 5 May 04 Download Now

This NOMAD MuVo NX driver update is a prerequisite for upgrading to NOMAD MuVo NX Firmware Upgrade version 1.30.09. Unlike the typical scenario where only Windows 98 Second Edition users have to install drivers for their NOMAD MuVo NX players to function p..... Hide Details

Filename: MuVoNX_DRV_LB_1_01_02_250.exe

This NOMAD MuVo NX driver update is a prerequisite for upgrading to NOMAD MuVo NX Firmware Upgrade version 1.30.09. Unlike the typical scenario where only Windows 98 Second Edition users have to install drivers for their NOMAD MuVo NX players to function properly, this driver update is meant for all supported Windows operating systems.

Added Features or Enhancements:

Enables you to format your MuVo NX player in Windows Explorer using the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. For this feature to work, install Creative NOMAD MuVo NX Firmware Upgrade version 1.30.09 after installing this driver update.
Requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition
USB port, version 1.1 or 2.0
NOMAD MuVo NX player
Notes:

This driver update only works with NOMAD MuVo NX players. Do not install this update to a NOMAD MuVo or NOMAD MuVo TX player.
To install this driver, do the following:
Locate and double-click the .EXE driver update file.
Follow the instructions to install the driver update.

frustratedguy:

First - whatoperating system are you running. I wantto guess Windows XP.

Second - are you plugging the flash drives directly into the USB port on the laptop, or are you using a hub. If it is the latter, then try plugging the drives directly into the port.

Let us know how you make out.

Plank
Unregistered guest
My Nomad Muvo NX player cuts out after a few minutes. It then isnt recognized by the PC when I put it into a USB port. After a while it recovers of its own occord, but after listening for a few minutes it cuts out and the whole cycle begins again. I will never buy Creative products again.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP& region=3&Product_Name=MuVo+NX&Product_ID=4884&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10 &drivertype=0&x=25&y=10

[B}
It sounds like the updated driver from Creative is not loaded on your system. Go to the Creative website and download the driver below. Even if you think you loaded it, try it again. Then repeat your steps above.[/B]

Is there any way of seeing which driver is installed?
I uninstalled the old one before running this updated drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with no joy.

Post Number: 3
No joy
this is what is on my PC

C:\>dir Muvo*
Volume in drive C is GB120
Volume Serial Number is 0449-5F6D

Directory of C:\

14/01/2006 19:09 2,095,512 MuVoNX_DRV_LB_1_01_02_250.exe
14/01/2006 19:18 1,571,242 MuVoNX_PCFW_US_l_30_09.exe
2 File(s) 3,666,754 bytes
0 Dir(s) 40,765,943,808 bytes free

C:\Program Files\Creative\NOMAD_MuVo_NX>dir
Volume in drive C is GB120
Volume Serial Number is 0449-5F6D

Directory of C:\Program Files\Creative\NOMAD_MuVo_NX

17/01/2006 21:57 <dir> .
17/01/2006 21:57 <dir> ..
11/03/2004 10:28 139,264 muvoRes.dll
11/03/2004 10:28 98,304 regdll.dll
07/11/2003 12:13 3,181 StMp3Rec.inf
11/03/2004 10:28 35,219 StMp3Rec.sys
11/03/2004 10:28 360 StMp3Recnt.cat
11/03/2004 10:28 49,152 uninstaller.exe
6 File(s) 325,480 bytes
2 Dir(s) 40,766,156,800 bytes free

C:\Program Files\Creative\NOMAD_MuVo_NX>

frustratedguy
Unregistered guest
Brian,
It is XP Pro SP2, and it's straight into the laptop. I've contacted Dell, and I'm getting nowhere fast.

Username: Kindredspirit

Canada

Brian! You're awesome thanks!

Anonymous

I bought a muvo N200 over e-bay (semi-accidentally). Anyways it worked terribly. It would turn off when I tried to view the music folders on it. Additionally the playback sound was awful! It also refused to remember any equalizer settings except the one it came with ("pop"). I was beginning to despair and then I downloaded the driver and the firmware. It fixed EVERYTHING. And yes I do mean everything. I turned my sad mistake into a happy, healthy mp3 player. Try it. Just go to the creative website and download all the software pertaining to your product.

Post Number: 4
I bought a muvo N200 over e-bay (semi-accidentally). Anyways it worked terribly. It would turn off when I tried to view the music folders on it. Additionally the playback sound was awful! It also refused to remember any equalizer settings except the one it came with ("pop"). I was beginning to despair and then I downloaded the driver and the firmware. It fixed EVERYTHING. And yes I do mean everything. I turned my sad mistake into a happy, healthy mp3 player. Try it. Just go to the creative website and download all the software pertaining to your product.

Lucky you - mine is deceased! the driver software can't find it....

Unregistered guest
I have a Muvo 128Mb and at first the songs played and the program worked perfect, but after a while something happened and now when I turn it on instead of the usual green light staying on, when I release the on/off button, a red light appears, some sort of error I suppose, anyone have any solutions or anyway to solve my problem?

Unregistered guest
MY CREATIVE MUVO N200(512 MB) HAS SOME PROBLEM WHILE PLAYING MP3 FILES ONLY.IT MAKES CRAPPY SOUND.ITS NOT THE HEADPHONES PROBLEM .PLS HELP

JanieSupaT
Unregistered guest
THANKS Jonathan Tulloch!!! I followed the directions you posted for the Muvo 128MB formating problems and now my device is working! Greatly appreciate it :-)

Unregistered guest
I am running Mac OS10.3.9. I was, and to an extent still am, experiencing a problem empting all the trash from my MUVO TX FM 256. After reading the Mac info on this site I put all the files in the muvo in the trash and emptied the trash. I then logged out and unpluged my muvo. When I logged back in and checked the Muvo it said I had 233.2 Mgs of space. Where did the 22.8 Mgs go? Is this normal or can I retrieve the rest of the 256 by some other means.

Plz anyone, HELP!!!
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I was able to fix my problem! All I had to do was change all the tracks on my MuVo TX FM 512mb to wma format. Now all the songs sound normal, which is good. It's only the mp3 formatted tracks that sound crap. I downloaded a free song converter which can convert from mp3 to wma format. I got it from download.com. I hope I help anyone!

muvo, this might help u.
cya

Incredibly I got this all working! Brian Souder, I thank you! (I sent u an email, but it's not relevant now)

My problem was my PC couldn't find the MUVO on a USB port. What I did was unplug it from one port and try it in another, and repeated the steps.

Installing the driver is straightforward, it's the driver that's the problem.

When I ran MuVoNX_PCFW_US_l_30_09.exe, I let it go until I got to the finish page, but this time didn't finish. Instead I put my muvo into my USB hub (which I had just moved) and kept the on button down until I got the player recovery. Once that completed, everything started happening (I may have hit finish on the installation at this poiont) and my muvo was all reformatted and ready for loading!

Persistence pays!

Username: Leofuks

Hi, i'm from Argentina and i have a n200 512mb.
It used to work, but now when i turn it on the "creative's screen" appear and then it turns off automatically.
What can i do?

Username: Agka8l

hello i am stelios from greece and i have the same problem with Leandro , It used to work, but now when i turn it on the "creative's screen" appear and then it turns off automatically.

Username: Potterz

OMG My muvo n200 is not detected on my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doenst even show hardware connected on the lcd screen

Username: Crystalboy_vp

--, --

i have nomad muvo nx i have formated my mp3 player by fat 32 now it not able to work it shows a circuit error so can any one help me thanks in advance
my e mail is crystalboy_vp@hotmail.com

Username: Crystalboy_vp

--, --

i have nomad muvo nx i have formated my mp3 player by fat 32 now it not able to work it shows a circuit error so can any one help me thanks in advance
my e mail is crystalboy_vp@hotmail.com

Username: Gwhizkids

CT

My daughter has a Muvo USB 2.0. I am having the same problem as everyone here: my PC won't recognize the device. I've read this whole thread and while a lot of it looks applicable, I have the following problem: I can get the Recovery Mode to start by doing the button press for 10 seconds thing, but then I get a "Device Times Out" error.
Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us