Take a Poll: Rip All Your CD's at Once

Username: Ripcity

Post Number: 1
Have you wanted a way to convert all your CD's to digital files to use with you iPod, or your home stereo system -- all at once? I'm thinking of starting a service that would do just that for about .50 per CD. I'm trying to find out whether anyone here would be interested in such a service. Assume for a minute that I can guarantee the total safety of your CD's and I can get them back to you with all your music on DVD's (or a hard drive if you choose) in a week. Would you be interested? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2578
Can you imagine the potential legal hurdles specially with the mighty and oh, so litigous RIAA. You are making money ripping music out of people's CD which does not preclude you from making copies for yourself and then selling them to other people or even giving them away.
I wouldn't question the safety of my CD when I give them to you for ripping, but the legal implications and possible misconduct and improprieties are ever present.
Pretty soon, there will be questions on who regulates this type of business, checks and balances, etc.
Great idea, but you may have to put more thought into this type of venture and possibly a consultation with business lawyers.

Bronze Member
Username: Builder1

Post Number: 12
they already have these

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 105
yes, i just read of a service where someone comes to your door and collects your CDs and player then returns it loaded within a week. this is probably only offered in or near larger cities.

still, i'd never hand a thousand dollars worth of merchandise over to a total stranger. LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us