MP3 Player is playing up, deletes external memory...

Bronze Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 11
Anyone out there with knowledge on problems with mp3 players, then please help. For a start I have a Zillion PA30A-61 (on www.digital-square.com)and its started playing up.
When i turn it on, it brings the track up, then I press play and it automatically turns itself off. Worse so, my internal memory works, then when i try and search through my external memory, it says' init' and it deletes them for no reason. It randomly works after, only playing songs I have on my internal memory. I really would like to know why/what/how this is happening.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hallo Jelvis,

I have the same problem. But it is not permanently reproduceable. It think, it happens when the batteries are low. I have searched the web for new firmware - nothing found ...

The external memory is also a problem on the batteries, when the player is off. After 8 hours unused, the batteries are empty. If I will have the player set to off for a longer time, I have to remove the external memory or the batteries.

Today I have found a new problem (the reason to search the web). If I have a big mp3-file (album) with 60Mbyte, the transferspeed via usb is only 4kbyte/sec. Small files have 200kbyte/sec. speed.

Do you also know about these problems?

If you have solutions for these problems, please inform me. I will continue my search ...

Thanks
Jorg

I need help Por Favor!
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA LYRA RD2780. It's been working fine but all of the sudden it won't turn back on. When I turn it on I hear a very low clicking sound, I try reseting the device but still won't work. Also I don't see anything on the screen when I try to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when I plug it the USB to the computer it will not recognize the Lyra 2780. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 20
Also make sure you have your operating system up to date

Unregistered guest
please could any1 help me? ive had my mp3 player(128mb) for about 3 months. every time a delete a song on the mp3 it will make me have less space on the mp3, because i can fit about 30 songs but every time a delete a song it will only left me hold 1 or 2 less songs. but now it sayive used up 99% memory space, but there are no songs on my mp3 and it wont let me put anymore songs on there, its says theres know space. could some1 please please help me?

Anastasia
Unregistered guest
Hi i need help getting songs off of my mp3 player but i dont know how please help me!

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Anastasia. What mp3 player do you have? It should have come with software, if so use that-should be on a disk if you already havnt installed it. Even easier if you're audio files are in a certain format, just click on my computer then under devices with removable storage click on your device and work from there. Copy/Cut and past to your chosen directory on your computer!
Hope it helps, need more help just post here...

Di
Unregistered guest
mp3 showing "no memory", computer does not recognise player saying, "please insert disc". Anyone any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Laraib
Unregistered guest
Every time i plug my mp3 player to the computer, it says error, and when i take it out it deletes all my songs, has any1 got the same problem???

Unregistered guest
It seems like the mp3 player is turning out to be the Y2K bug. I may be having a similar problem to you Di (did you get a drivers cd when you purchased the player?). I used to be able to connect my I-Beat to the computer (running XP) and the computer would recognise it as a storgage device so I could view files. Now when I connect the computer says unknown device conected. Also my player does not start so it's useless atm. BTW what is firmware and why should we use it?

Joseph Edward
Unregistered guest
My GenX MP3 Player (128 Mb) Just All Of A Sudden , when i turn it on it says : "Error! Reformat Media" ... it usually says that if i format it to FAT32 not FAT( Which is supposed to be).. but this time i did nothing.. and the worse.. windows does NOT read it anymore.. i mean there is the PARTITION named "Removable Disc" But it is Un Accessible.. !!!! when i double click it HALTS for a while then says : "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device Error" then HALTS for some more then NOTHING.. I CANT RE FORMAT IT.. I CANT EVEN ACCESS IT !!

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as Mr.Joseph Edward has, would you please help/advise me too ?

andy_murph
Unregistered guest
My yp-t4 mp3 player has recognised my music files but will not allow me 2 play them!?! I have checked that they are mp3 files and the additional software malfunctions?!? I need help?!? Anyone hav any ideas???

Unregistered guest
I aslo have the probelm that Joseph Edward said it i don't know what to do Please Help us

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
lol i really feel sorry for all you lot. Its an ever growing list of everyones problems, id be devistated if my mp3 player was like that :S.
I wish I could help. All I can say is to contact the manufacture if possible? Smaller players seem to be the problem, maybe because the memory is mostly cheap flash type.
I ended up getting a harddisk mp3 player and its worked fine ever since. Thats all i can sugggest, get a new player.

docsaid
Unregistered guest
guys the mp3 player (genx) and all sigmatel based players are in 'FAT' format. so what you do now is connect it to the computer and format the drive now with 'FAT' option and not 'FAT32' option.

ibblish
Unregistered guest
I have a Creative Nomad Muvo TX and when i turn it on it says File System Error. i dont know how this has happenned i dont even use it that often but i turned it on the other day and this happened can anyone help me ?

Joseph Edward
Unregistered guest
to docsaid: we all mentioned it is inaccessible... so could you please tell US how to access an inaccesible partition ????? not to mention Formatting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Edward
Unregistered guest
it behaves just like a partition Full of BAD SECTORS..... REDUNDENCY.. halts for about a minute, then nothing , just where we began... i see the partition name (although it's not what i gave to it) and cant click it, right click it or even select it cause it will halt everything else for the same time and then NOTHING AGAIN

Unregistered guest
same here

Unregistered guest
i also have a problem my mp3 wont let me do any thing exept listen to the radio, but i want to download more music and listen to the music i have already downloaded/syncronised- everytime i try to do something it says disk error- what does this mean??and when i connect it to the computer it says no device has been found but it has worked before . what am i doing wrong please could someone email me with an answer thanx leah xx
my email is philipphlg@aol.com
or welsh_babe_@hotmail.co.uk

ashlie
Unregistered guest
does anyone no how many songs a YP-T4 holds? i really need to no!! please someone help!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1463

quote:

does anyone no how many songs a YP-T4 holds? i really need to no!! please someone help!

Google it.

Yola
Unregistered guest
quote"mp3 showing "no memory", computer does not recognise player saying, "please insert disc". Anyone any ideas? Many thanks in advance."
Di, i'm having the exact same problem as your having, and yes the mp3 came with a cd driver, but what does that help? Can someone please help me?

Unregistered guest
Somthing to try...
My daughters MP3 "brand" 128mb player would say
"disk error" and memory=00. After reading the warning to NOT format this player. I found that by formating the player with the "supplied" format software (strange??)then reformating it with windoz XPeePee using the "FAT" (not FAT32). I've got a happy daugher once more. This might help someone ;-)

Unregistered guest
To Dave Mc...
thanx for the advice...but before i formated it with FAT32 and it worked...but this time, the computer doesn't even recognize my mp3 being connected to the computer! it would say"please insert disc" when i click on the folder...so now i can't even format it with anything cause i can't access it......any more advice??
many thanx in advance

Unregistered guest
Got a Creative mp3 player was working ok. loaded 2 CDs successfully. Deleted tracks and loaded new ones, drive E shows that the tracks are loaded but there is no sound. when attached to the MP3 player I get a message saying file systems error, and then goes dead. Iv tried formating the player but still the same. any ideas? or is it a bin job?

Qtpy_NZ
Unregistered guest
I aslo have an mp3 GModel-138 which is playing up, and I've only had it a few days.
First it will only let me put about 6 songs in and it's a 128 mb.
Now I can't open it without it asking me to format, of which I'm scared to do unless I lose every thing.
When I try to play music it also comes up with disc error.
I am new to using it, so it may be someting I'm doing, but what?

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a Logik MP 3 player which has been working fine when I tried to switch it in, it says : incorrect format,reformat the player I have tried this in fat it says its formatted but the mp3 player still will not switch on, in fat32 the computer says windows could not finishing formatting the player, can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
i HAVE mP3 PLAYER WITH vOICE RECORDING BUT WHEN EVER I INSERT THE PORT IT SCREEN SAYS STARTING .. BUT NEVER STARTS .. CAN U HELP ME RECTIFY THE PORBLEM

Lupuspuris
Unregistered guest
Hey if anyone can help me i'd be over the moon, I'v got a Logik 256mb Mp3 player, I no longer have my software disk and my new(old) pc wont recognise the removable disk as even being there. Im guessing that i need software. But does anyone know where i can get it. ta ciao

AoiShikaku
Unregistered guest
A good way to solve a the "disk error" problem is to format the drive under FAT32. If you are unable to format, create a partition using any partition software or even on the Windows XP CD (requires you to boot into the actual installation of WinXP), then format your MP3 player's newly created partition using FAT32 and you should have full complete access to your MP3 player once again.

Hope this helps you out
~ Aoi

Devin Hiltz
Unregistered guest
i had the same problem that Joseph Edward had but i managed to fix it. windows would not reformat the mp3 player for me so i looked for another method. i downloaded a program called "HP usb disk storage format tool" and it managed to fix my autobaby mp3 player :D so if you have the can't be accessed problem give that program a try it might just fix it :-)

Unregistered guest
i got a rca lyra 1071, no problems whatsoever with the player itself.. but i got another 128mb removeable storage disk for it and i'm getting problems with that. my friend gave it to me cuz she found it at work, when i threw it in my mp3 player and hooked it up to my computer i look thru the files on it, it appeared to be for a cell phone. so i deleted all the files and began putting mp3's on it. i put it in and sometimes it doesnt read the disk.. i've only once heard a song from the disk on my player. but now its g@y and doesn't let me format the disk, say's its unformattable, which is odd to me since i've formatted it before. (it came with a fat32 format which didnt seem to work with the player too well until i reformatted it to FAT) basically if anyone gots any advice to this it would be helpful, if not, thx anyways. and anyone with the same problem, im sorry to hear. lol. 1

Anonymous

i have a lyra rca 1072 the problem is that ever since i bought a new battrey for it, the player has been giving me problems the display get coruppted when i turn it on and i'm not able to play my songs i'm able to see all disk but when i comes to playing i cant any one has any suggestion or new frimware for this device ASAP email me on dilly4evah@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Tis should be right to whom hasn't the original cd
for players with 3500 chipset (for me who have the clicker pocki i.e.) http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/download/dld/spt_dld_detail.php?UID=605&ki nd=6

Anonymous

I have the autobaby mp3 player. It was malfunctioning and I was directed through a tech forum to remove the case screws and check on the circuit board if the "Green Wire" was loose or disconnected. Sure enough it is disconnected. On closer inspection with a magnifying glass, I still cannot locate the terminal where the wire was originally soldered. If anyone has a schematic or is willing to open their autobaby, and send my a picture of the circuit board I would really appreciate it. Can anyone help me out? Email me at patrick.n.miller@gmail.com
Thanks!

Username: Tima24

Post Number: 1
hi , My GenX MP3 Player (128 Mb) Just All Of A Sudden , when i turn it on it says : "Error! Reformat Media" ... it usually says that if i format it to FAT32 not FAT( Which is supposed to be).. but this time i did nothing.. and the worse.. windows does NOT read it anymore.. i mean there is the PARTITION named "Removable Disc" But it is Un Accessible.. !!!! when i double click it HALTS for a while then says : "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device Error" then HALTS for some more then NOTHING.. I CANT RE FORMAT IT.. I CANT EVEN ACCESS IT !!

Unregistered guest
Please help me.....very new(and a bit dim, must be said)to downloading mp3's, been given a Logik device but unable to find a compatible site to use with it. Very disappointed. Again please help.

Unregistered guest
AUTOBABY mp3 player...Won't turn on most of the time, then when it does it's just the backlight, no words...won't load any songs, has deleted all the old ones,i have no idea what the problem is...ANY ADVICE WHATSOEVER WILL HELP>>>>Nicole11741@Hotmail.com, THANXS!!!

Username: Smiley

Pitesti, Arges Romania

do anyoane have an genx mp3 player 128 mb.if you have please send me the driver by mail.i have lost the driver.please contact me at bogdan_ionut2006@yahoo.com

Username: Osiris4470

Rapid city, Sd Usa

i have a memorex mp3 player. i want to use a memory card out of a kodak digital camera, but when i put the memory card in the mp3 player, it says i need to reformat external media with SigmaTel formatter. if anyone has any information on how to fix this i would greatly appreciate it!

anonymous71
Unregistered guest
i seem to be having the same problem too. i have a creative muvo square fm and i can't access it!!! it says "G:\ is not accessible The request colud not be performed because of an I/O device error" anyone who knows how to solve this problem? i've been dying to upload new songs to my mp3!!!!

Unregistered guest
hey guys i had the same problem hust get the update from the site i had a movo tx didnt work coz it said system error and i just got the up date and hey presto and it worked (and i also prayed 2 god)lol o well good luck

Unregistered guest
hi...i got a creative muvo tx 256 MB.all a sudden ma computer don't recognize it. and i formatted it using the FAT32 which was a mistake.But i formatted it again using the FAT ... And now it is saying 'no music'it doesn't recognize the music files as a music anymore. CAN ANYBODY PLZZ HELP ME! and i don't have the cds of the product...cos it is a gift from ma gf.

Username: Millsy

After formatting my mp3 player because of problems, the disk space now thinks it is only 128 mb when it should be 1GB !! help! please. also mp pc only shows it at 128mb, any good formatting software around to restore the disk size or format it properly ?

Anonymous

i have a hicon mp3 player and it will not turn on. my pc reads it and plays the songs on it through windows media player. I have reformated it using fat32 file. It just wont turn on. when i try to turn it on it shows 'HICON' and then 'starting....' and then it just dies.Plz Help!!

Anonymous

i have a hicon mp3 player and it will not turn on. my pc reads it and plays the songs on it through windows media player. I have reformated it using fat32 file. It just wont turn on. when i try to turn it on it shows 'HICON' and then 'starting....' and then it just dies.Plz Help!!

Miss Unsociable
Unregistered guest
Hey just a quick question and plz dont say google it cos i've already dun that
do anyone now how many songs an mp3 player will hold with a 128mb memory. I REALLY NEED SUM1'S HELP
THANKS

Anonymous

I obtained a 1GB ZLING Z-Cyber mini HArd Drive and was unable to use it in collaboration with a USB Car FM Transmitter as it just would not play. I have tried reformatting the drive in NTFS, FAT32 and FAT and have noticed the same red indicator and no sound being played. Although this drive does seem to go through some inititiation when asked to be played it struggles and I guess times out with a constant green LED. I have used other flash drives and got them to work succesfully however and this is the only falter I could find with this drive. Any ideas I am more than open to so please post any ideas... thanks

Unregistered guest
Hello, I've bought recently an MP3 in Andorra (Spain)by 77 Euros. It has no registered or known brand but in the receipt they've put MP3 SUNWAY M9310C 512MB. It comes with a mini green CD that says DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER. DRIVER. Ver: 2.08.5.30
This MP3 player I think it's an imitation of the SAMSUNG YP-F1 because I've found this one in google and mine has got the same appeareance except that on the top, instead of saying horizontally SAMSUNG it says MP3. But it has also removable plastic covers of different colours.

My laptop computer has windows XP in it.

I started by loading some music files all MP3 (I guess!!) but the MP3 player wouldn't recognize some of them, others it would. Then I turned it off. Today I've removed all the files because I wanted to try to upload them again, and I think I've also removed a file that wasn't music and it was in the machine aswell. Maybe that file was important because now every time I turn on the MP3 and select the MP3 mode, then it says "Disc error".

So, I've plugged the MP3 player again in the laptop and they asked me for the accompanning disc. I've put it in but the computer said that there was a file missing that I had to install (I can't remember which file)I didn't know where could I find that file!!. On the other hand it asked me if I wanted to format the device, I said no because I fear to loose all the info that is written inside that machine (such as: mode-> MP3/Radio/Telephone/...etc, all the info that it needs to work I mean, not what I have installed)and also I fear I wouldn't be able to use it again, but now I'm reading that you are all formatting your devices... so I don't know what to do.

Please I need quick help. Answer directly to my e-mail address. Thanx!

mathiey
Unregistered guest
Hi, im having some problem with putting music to my "mp3 autobaby." after i go to my computer, and i click on removable disk, what do i do next? can you tell me the procedures of how to put music to my mp3 autbaby please?

Thanks

mathiey
Unregistered guest
Hi, im having some problem with putting music to my "mp3 autobaby." after i go to my computer, and i click on removable disk, what do i do next? can you tell me the procedures of how to put music to my mp3 autbaby please?

Thanks

crappyelectronics
Unregistered guest
The green wire on my autobaby is off too and it won't even start and won't be recognized by the computer other than it acknowledging that a storage device has been plugged in anyone figure out where the green wire goes?

Sandylee
Unregistered guest
when i hooked up my mp3 player (go gear) it download every song (plus songs i didnt want) so how do i clear them? so i can download songs i want on it

Chrissie
Unregistered guest
My mp3 player worked fine until the first battery I had in it went dead. I put in a new battery (and tried several different ones in case one was also dead) but now my mp3 player wont turn on at all. It's completely dead. Does anyone know what's going on?

Majekeloar
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a 512 MB memory card for my mp3 player. For some reason when I try to play the external memory, it freezes up and then starts playing my internal memory instead. The funny thing is I have another memory card, the same kind, that works perfectly fine. Can someone please help me? My mp3 player does act up sometimes, but I don't know if it's that or the card that is causing the problem. If it's helpful in any way, I have the RCA LYRA RD2010SA version 1.51. Thanks.

Jimmy8484
Unregistered guest
Okay,why can't I get music on to my AutoBaby MP3 Player?? At least,how do I get music on to it?!?!??!?

katiekatiemp3
Unregistered guest
hey I have a creative MUVO 2.0 USB mp3 player. It has been working fine for nearly a year, the one day i plugged it in to my computer to add more music and it came up with I/O error!!! I have no idea what to do and i cant re-format it!!!

Anonymous

I have a Emerson research Mp3 player and every time i plug it in to put on music it says I/O device error. It has also deleted all the music i had on it... how do i fix it?

Anonymous

I have a Emerson research Mp3 player and every time i plug it in to put on music it says I/O device error. It has also deleted all the music i had on it... how do i fix it?

Anonymous

Haidon Elektrai
Unregistered guest
I Recently recieved a CCH Digital, Autobaby Mp3//WMA player. And everytime i plug it into the USB Port of my Computer.... nothing comes up, No removable Disk Drive, Nothing... I have no clue what to do, I am working on an Windows XP account, Anyone have any idea, if I may need to install drivers, if so where can i get them, I didn't get the Driver CD with mine... If its not the driver... what else could be wrong.

Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem as "haidon elektrai". I just got a CCH Digital Autobabay mp3/wma player from a friend (I know it is in working order). I'm also using Windows XP. I plug the device into the usb port and my computer doesn't even recognise that I have connected a removable drive. I'm no computer genius but I've tried troubleshooting and still can't get it to work out. I don't have a CD either, but any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
i have a samsung yp-f1 mp3 player and i dont know how to load songs on to it can you help me

Anonymous

I have got a Samsung YP-T4V MP3-Player. It s in function. But when I make a voice-record it only plays the voice.wav and no more mp3. Also when I delete all the voice.wav it does not play any songs. Then on the disply: No files. But on the computer (usb) there the songs are.

Brandon eats Brains
Unregistered guest
Hi i have an emerson mp200 my parents got it for me bcuz it was cheap it worked great and no probs but thne i restored my pc and now it wont recogniz it it didnt come with software it was plug and play type deal i try to go to emerson .com for the driver but they have a diff website its now emerson and cuming gas and oil corp if any one has the same player can they send me the driver if possible killakillatwztd16@hotmail.com

jo88
Unregistered guest
hi i bought a 256mb pink mp3player of ebay. it has come from hong kong and whenever i want to play a some music it says disc error , i cant think of anything that would of made it go like this!! i also cant acess none of the other things on the mp3 player like voice recorder etc please if some one can help email me @ hot4you88@msn.com thanks .

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
Send it back to the seller asking for a replacement because it doesnt work. If the replacement they send doesnt work then send that one back and ask for a refund.
Then buy a new mp3 player from a UK seller if you're not already fed up with ebay, one thats got a good reputation such as a 512mb or 1gb creative muvo.
'Flash' memory type players with small amounts of memory are simply cheap. I had a 64mb one, then bought a 128mb stick to upgrade but it was causing all kinds of problems, like all the people complaining on this post. It deleted all the songs, it wouldnt access memory etc. So in the end bought a 20gb ipod. Worked problem free for over a year now although im running out of space lol.
Thats the best advise I can give tbh.
Good luck

Unregistered guest
Hello there,
Please can anyone help.Am having a mp3 WMA 128mb.I gave it to a friend to store information in it.Suprisingly enough when he broght it back i can't do anything again on it.I can't retrived neither store.All i see is DISK ERROR.
Can anyone help please.
nana

Username: Xojameox

i went into moodlogic and was adding songs to my mp3 player i deleted a couple of things and now when i try to go and listen to my player a message comes up and says "bad or mississing lyra sys folders" what can i do to get sys folders or fix the problem? someone please help me......

suerna
Unregistered guest
I have a 4 in 1 pocki clicker mp3 palyer. When I turn it on, the diplays is blank. I think the reason should be corrupted filesystem. Do you know any software that can repair this? I formated it with windows but nothing happend. It works fine as a memory stick when connected to computer, but does not function as a mp3 player.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
Hi.
I'm having trouble with my mp3 player. It wont work and I really dont know why. I have an error message on the display and it wont turn on and it wont turn off. It also wont play mp3s or it wont vibrate when Ive lost it and need to find it. It doesnt even go to the local shop to buy me a crate of beer when I need it for a party.
Can anybody suggest what I can do, I need software to make it able to grow legs and walk to the shop.
Please
Infact, please please o dear god.

I think you can establish, well i hope you can because i certainly have, that small flash memory type mp3 players are built cheaply, have poor design and reliability. If they break then they're stuffed for good.
Stop posting in here, user after user about problems noone knows how to fix because there probably isnt a way.
Check your mp3 player manual.
Try sending your player back as many times as your warantee allows and also how many times you can actually be assed.
Just don't think this post will be useful because you wont get helpful replies. Stop posting here!!

Anonymous

Thanks for the info on the HP USB disc storage format tool... It fixed the problem i was having where my player was saying it had no files yet 68% of the memory was used. Formatted and its all better now... thanks a bunch . Oh and those looking for said program i just googled " HP USB disc storage format tool " and up it came good luck everyone.......

Unregistered guest
i have a mp4 player with 256mb features voice rec, mp3 . amv
i recently formated the device under fat (not fat 32) since the device is specifically metioned to format on fat. now my problem is after formating it shows me only 109 mb free? pls help me how i can retrive the space back? Also would like to inform that inspite it use to show me 256 mb disk space initially i could not copy more than 25 songs including AMV movies.

Unregistered guest
i have a mp3 player with 128mb. I've been using it for 3 months. A week ago, I was shocked because it always displays "disk error" everytime I opens it. Please help me It is quite an old model but it satisfies my needs. And I also want to know about the firmware. I would gladly apreciate your help. THank You Very Much and God Bless!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone - I have brought a SAMSUNG YP-F1 and once I downloaded music onto it I lost the radio - ANY IDEAS how to get radio back???

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Username: Ms_janani

Hi all !
i a have got a JNC Mp3 player.i has 256MB.recently when i was downloading the songs from the internet to the MP3 i found that the songs which i had earlier is earsed for some reason.but the memory those songs occupied has not yet been released.now i have no music files but still 66% is used.kindly help !!!

Username: Dylanmx29

how do i reformat my internal media as FAT16 on my memorex mp3 player??????? please help me

Username: Gurvir93

Well peoples My mp3 is not broken or anything but i lost my cd that came with my mp3. my mp3 is a autobaby and it a car input mp3 if anyone can find me the software orhelp me or burn it for me that would be really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks contact me at gur_vir_30@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Username: Fastedd

I have a Goodmans GMP3200S mp3 player. I recently erased the memory via my PC in order to add a new playlist.
Now every time i switch it on the error message FAT Error Plz connect UM is displayed.
My PC also no longer reconises the player and i can thus no longer add files to it.
Can you help me out?

Username: Bkippers

Saint-John, New Brunswick Canada

ok guys seriously need help with my mp3 player, lol, well i hooked it up to my xbox (dont ask how), but i had to reformat it and it completely wiped everything (including the software) now when i turn it on it says "ERROR! Reformat internal media with Sigmatel Formater" how do i do this i have a sandisk sdmx1- v2. any help would be great.

Username: Mehrdadsaadat

I have a z-cyber mp3player 256mb player would say
"disk error" and memory=00. After reading the warning to NOT format this player.help me!please
my email mehrdadsaadat@yahoo.com

Username: Saiid

Post Number: 2
hi guys
first sory for my bad english
for "Joseph Edward" and everyon have this problem with Genx mp3 player or other mp3 player with stmp3410 chip .i know that problem of flash format may be easy so we can reformat the flash bywindows or some software at example "hp usb disk storage format tool" that expert at this work . may be the flash of player can't reformat or read/write and we must use the recovery mod of mp3 players that in fact make for upgrading firmware by usb port .player take in this mod by Connect MP3 Player with ON/OFF button pressed (do not release the button)to usb port .now the windows ask location of driver for "player recovery device" . driver and firmware files exist in software CD of your player or support site of your player .anyway after installing revovery driver we can upgrading firmware of chip with last firmware files that exist in software cd or with new file that may be release in support site of player .
for stmp3410 chips the "STUPDATERAPP.exe" use for upgradin f/w .after installing program (for stmp3410 or 3420 chip usually named "Digital MP300F Player") the "STUPDATERAPP.exe" and firmware files for example "resource.bin" ,"bootmanager.sb" make in the C drive for example C:\Mp3 Player\ or c:\Digital\ Mp300F audio Player\
now following the instruction

1) please locate the file STUPDATERAPP.exe file
2) Connect your MP# Player with ON/OFF button pressed (do not release the button)
3) Double click the above said file
4) Wait till the Dialog Box appears for Update firmware (do not release the on/off button)
5)Once the dialog box appears check the "FORMAT DATA AREA" click on start
6) Now you can release the button
7) once the update is completed then unplug the MP3 Player and it is ready for use.
:-)
baba cheghad sakhte in zaboon kharejaki :-(

Username: Llll

XD..thats some big steps..my computer doesnt ask for the location of driver for "player recovery device" ... soo now what p.s: i cant seem to keep the player on..it turns off by its own~

Username: Saiid

Post Number: 3
@LLLL
tow case
1-you install driver later so the windows doesnt ask again for it
for sure that driver has installed you can open device manager at control panel and in this window looking all "USB Root hubs" for any usb device that Now connect to your computer. if you cant find any device like "player recovery device" so your player not going in recovery mode if find an unknown device probably you install driver incompletely or windows cant communicate with player
2-your mp3 player not going in recovery mode
you can press and hold play button and then conect player to usb or can firs connect player to usb and then press and hold play button immediately
you must try this job agin until the windows recognize your player in "player recovery device"

if player working normally and windows recognize it at "storege device" so may be "STUPDATERAPP.exe"(after execute) find player so we can upgrading player for solving the format problem
note that for upgrading player only use the frimware that make for your player model so before upgrading sure that frimware files are match with your mp3 player

sorry again for my bad english

Username: Ddoctorisin

I have to autobaby cd driver if anyone wants it email dandoctor$cogeco.ca and I will send it to you replace dollar sign with @ symbol

Username: Ddoctorisin

Autobaby problems==> Go into the menu choose online mode and ensure it's set to normal mode or multi disk one shoudl work fo ryou also if you cant put files onto it format i did as fat32 and it works great

Username: Not_bob

Ive got a Memorex MMP3642A, and when I try to insert an SD card, it comes up with a 'reformat with sigmatel formatter'. Any ideason how to fix this?

hey dan doctor can u send me part 3 again, it had a virus the first time.

Post Number: 3
oh ya email me at gur_vir_30@hotmail.com dan doctor please and thanku

Post Number: 4
if anyone else could help me that would be great. mines the one with the autobaby mp3 pics, lol :-) thx

Username: Joewin

Hi,
I bought an MP3 player and am now having this problem:

It had 2GB of memory, but it never worked properly. I reformatted it, and now it only has 128MB of memory. Is there anyone who knows of a fix for this.

Thanks in advance, Joe...

Username: Joewin

If any of you had this problem:

I bought an MP3 player and am now having this problem:

It had 2GB of memory, but it never worked properly. I reformatted it, and now it only has 128MB of memory. Is there anyone who knows of a fix for this.

If you bought this from a web page that had this phone #, you got ripped off as I did.
800-731-4541.

Here is a link that I found in a forum that you can find more info from:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=123922&page=3

Joe...

Username: Lokesh1007

hi, I have 512MB fake sony mp3 palyer and due to some technical problems I have deleted my old mp3 songs from the disk. All the files are deleted successfully, but the memory is not released. Now I have no files in the mp3 player, but is showing 140MB used space. 140MB was the space occupied by the previous songs and now I have deleted all of them but I didn't get the memory.

Now I want to reformat the disk,

I am not sure which software should I use to reformat it. I am fearing that if I use HP formating tool it may delete the firm software(firmware). I don't want that happen.

Please let me know what exactly will the HP Formatting Tool will do. Will it delete the Software files in the mp3 player or not.

Advanced Thanks,
Lokesh.

Username: Cbhs1

Thanks guys, i had a problem where i accidentally formatted to fat32 on a conia 128 mb mp3 player while trying to remove false capacity reading. after disconnecting the usb from the player, the player no longer able to play music, and once it is plugged in again, windows xp cant read the content of the player.

i fixed the access problem thanks to the hp format tool tip from previous posts.

The new link for the HP usb utility is here
current on 10th June 2006, 45MB

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/serveroptions/us/locate/69_6073.html

procedure:
1 install the utility on C drive
2 run the program form shortcut created
3 click next
4 select or type in the drive letter that can't be accessed, such as your mp3 player which was formatted to a wrong format unintentionally
5 click next
6 select "create new or replace existing configuration" radial button
7 click next
8 select "hard drive" radial button
9 click next
10 select "create new file system" radial button
11 click next
12 wait, until "HP firmware flash package" radial button show up
13 click cancel
by now, the inaccsessible drive should have fat32 format, and is readable by windows. feel free to delete the file "Idlinux" that come with it
14 reformat the mp3 to the correct format, fat or fat32
and u are done!

by the way, i dont like to be registered to be able to post on this forum... cos i cant remember all the usernames and passwords for each forum i post X(

Username: Cbhs1

reply to lokesh:
format your mp3 player with windows xp to the correct format will be fine, unless you cant access the drive from windows.

if u cant access from windows, use the hp format tool, but do not use other functions in the hp format tool to update firmware or anything other then the procedure i outlined.

cheers

Username: Harish

Chennai, Tamil nadu INDIA

I have brought a LOGIK MP3 Player from DIXON showroom in Mancester.
But when i tried to plug in the device into my PC with XP Operating
system, it does not detect the device also tried with installing the
driver pack. Please let me the resolution for this problem. Also
please let me know the details of the service centers available in
Chennai, INDIA.
Reply me ASAP..Plssssssssss

Username: Lonneke

Hi, I have a Zillion MP3-player (PA30A) but I lost the software CD and I don't know where to download the software again.. I've searched everywhere!
Can someone tell me where to find this software or can someone send it to me? Please send me a mail at lmkroon@hotmail.com.. Thanks a lot!

Username: Losthopelessone

i need to reformat my memorex mp3 player,but i lost the software cd,does anyone know how i can get a replacement?

Username: Imbacktolife

SkopjeMacedonia

hmm..please i need a help?!..i format my mp3 usb player MAX P-03 maxfield know i'ts not working what i need to do? i formated with Sigmatel MSCN Audio Player..!

Username: Kou_xp1

Kolhapur, Maharashtra India

i have digital 256 Mb mp3 player.and i had one problem that i had formated my player with the help of swissknife V3. and after formating it shows only 120 Mb space. what can i do now please help me........ kou_xp1@yahoo.com

Username: Carine

i have digital easy mp3 512mb player and i had two problems. 1st. when i connect my mp3 to my laptop for download i could not find the removable disk drive which i used to see when i connect my player. though my pc show that "a new hardware found". 2ndly when i start to play after disconnecting it from my pc the player msg show "Error! Reformatt internal media with sigmaTelReformatter" can anybody help? pls email at carine_kwan@msn.com

Username: Crisrockett

I have a 1mb Sum E vision MP3 player. I can upload music onto it, yet when finished and disconected from PC, I get the message = "No Music" and It wont play. If I reconnect to PC, I can play any of the tracks on the MP3 player via Windows Media Player!!! What is going on? Any help appreciated.

Cris

Username: Izen

Harlow,
i have a Samsung YP-F1 mp3 player which has been a year old or so. recently the player has been screwing up. the player cant b turned on. it can b turned on till the intro where it displays the samsung logo thereafter it will just turn off by itself. Sumtimes i can turned it on by luck by pressing any of the player's buttons randomly upon reaching the samsung logo thingy. LOL! Ive tried formatting the player from the settings option and resetting the player. WTF is wrong with my mp3 player?
Please reply. ur help is greatly appreciated.

PS: i dun "safely remove hardware" all the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us