NEW GENERATION:

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3537
Of Mirrorless FULL FRAME from both Nikon and Canon.
Both are using a NEW lens mount and have some very nice new glass at introduction.
A little $$$ the least expensive Canon is currently about 1300$, body only.
Nikon makes one comparable in price.

Both Nikon and Canon make lens adaptors so you can use either Nikkor glass or in the case of Canon,
either EF or EF-S lenses.

They are after the A7 market which is a SONY model. And made in several variations at prices right in
there with Canon and Nikon.

It's now a 3-way race.

This is gonna get interesting pretty quickly here.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3540
Current Nikon offer is to pay a 'bonus' for your current good stuff. Either 200$ for the Z6 or 400$ on the Z7. This is in addition to the 'assessed' evaluation.

And for a limited time only, they are 'tossing in' the FTZ adaptor so you can run your Existing Nikon Lenses, which, depending on

exactly which lens can have full function or some level of reduced automation.

Nikon's problem is using XQD memory which is fairly $$$ and only made by SONY and formerly Lexar. This is going to morph / merge with CFExpress here shortly. That may bring down

prices. Right now? 64gig is going about 130$. This memory fully supports high frame rates AND 4k Video.

Nikon Lens Roadmap has a few gaps which means they are still 'thinking' but my target of around a 100mm Macro is not yet on the list.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3570
Asking price for both Canon and Nikon FF Mirrorless is coming down. Nikon even issued a Z50, which is a 'crop sensor' with the new lens mount AND a couple lenses to go with it.
Nikon has issued a couple firmware updates and are now up to 2.2 for the Z6 / Z7 series. Much better autofocus performance AND eye detection. Wedding photographers take note.
New version of XQD memory, CFExpress, will be more money and render your card reader for XQD obsolete. So, If I somehow think I need that massive speed boost? It'll go 200$or more for the privilage.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3588
The Nikon 70-200 f2.8 for the new mount was supposed to be issued in February. Word comes down that August is more like it.......This is a VITAL lens for the system, being in many photographers kit bag. I really hope it's worth the wait.
Nikon also announced a pair of teleconverters. These should be good for SOME lenses in the new line and a perfect match for the new zoom. Pricing premium against the FX mount is only maybe 10% or so....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3623
New Z mount nikon teleconvertors currently ONLY work with the 70-200 f2.8 Z mount lens.

So? Lens only is about 2600$ with either 550$ or 600$ for the 1.4x or 2.0x converter, respectively.

That's gonna put you over 3000$. Here where I live? ADD 8% sales tax. That's gonna hurt.

So far? pretty good reviews for both the big zoom and the matching teleconverters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us