Username: Project6

Post Number: 16187
So there you go...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17226
how come our thread disappeared - i was wondering wtf too

it seems admin was around today since i saw him post in a few threads so maybe he clicked on latest posts & saw ours & forgot what we do here in this section ...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25384
He is oblivious. So be it.

And here we are. That's all we can expect right?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23851
I think the daylight savings time made it disappear.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17227
^well thats a 1st

wasnt aware daylight savings happened yesterday until last night i tuned in to to watch hot rod tv at 6pm & gearz after then i noticed gears was about to finish , then flipping thru stations i realized it

here in T&T we do not have DLS but for tv viewing i love when its a hr early so i can watch my shows like seinfeld & family guy earlier & get to bed earlier too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16193
I have always disliked daylight savings time...messes me up when I go to different countries.

Does anybody watch "The Walking Dead" around here???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17229
saw it being advertised on tv but havent look at it as yet ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16194
You should check it out Rovin.

I actually did not think I was going to like it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17232
will have to d\l it to check it out from the beginning

these days i find myself looking back at old classics that i d\l like clint eastwood movies from the 60s\70s & sitcoms from the 90s like married with children & such

when it comes to movie bad@sses clint is da man ! & he was there a decade or 2 sometimes more too than most of the others who came along after ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16198
Clint Eastwood...awesome!

Gran Torino and Unforgiven were standouts!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25386
"Were"?

Always will be lol.

Clint's work in western's is classic. I love his style.

In more modern movies you just HAVE to love his approach.

He's an epic actor. One I will HATE to see fade away. Yet they always do eventually.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17234
he has been in 50+ movies beginning in the 1960s & this yr will be 82yrs old so IMO thats legend status

he is not fading away at all since his last movie was just last yr ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25389
He's from a generation before me and I still love his style. Something rugged and honest, hard working and all American.

Jack Palance is another example. The man was in his 70's still doing one arm pushups on stage accepting an academy award.

Amazing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17236
cant believe i forgot about jack , he was another legend who lived up to 87yrs old & worked in his old age - no rocking chair for that guy ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16203
Man, I thought you were referring to Jack Lalane.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17244
i had to google Jack Lalane but then i remembered he was the juice guy & he was a muscle man back in his days

didnt know he died though , at 96yrs old id say he lived a full life ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17194
hey guys. i have a special home stereo speaker project im rounding up the parts for. it will be 12 mids and two tweeters and it should drop down to 50 hz. then for the lows ill be using a 10 inch powered subwoofer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16209
12 mids??? Wow, that's a lot? How big is that thing going to get?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17250
im guessing its probably a low powered 12 ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25391
I'm guessing you like the punchy high hitting mids in movies like speech, guns and such? My approach was always.....

Hit em with the deep lows at 1000w on an 18 inch driver. That will put hair on your chest.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17195
8 wide 43 high 15 deep 6 mids per speaker and one tweeter and im thinking of building speaker stands into them. as farast hesub goes i have to keep things quiet since im on a third floor apartment building but i do still have my 1000 watt rack amp. thisdesign can handle 350 watts each but get loud on low power say 109db with 20 watts per chanel.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17196
i decided i wanted this speaker to be grander so its now going to ne 12 mids per tower and two tweeters per cabinet .

Username: Fredia

America

Post Number: 6
Cellphones are disposable. However, If someone want to recylce, it is nice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17197
oh and i did some reading from the designer i got this speaker idea from. The speakers will reach their xmax limit at 150 watts rms per cabinet and they maxed out spl wise at an easy 115 db with that power so by me doubling the speakers ill get another 3 db plus 3 db for doubling the power again. (i plan on buying a 300 watt per channel receiver at 4 ohms)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17252
ur gonna become unpopular with ur neighbors soon ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17198
You know what i have these little 3 inch fostex speakers ported and i have them up to the loudest id listen to them and broke out my radio shack spl meter and they were hit maximally 71 db so im just going to stick to one set of 12 mids and 2 tweeters. Ill barely need to turn the volume knob with them which was originally my goal with designing a sensitive speaker.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17253
i dont have a HT system , used to use my logitec z5500 which was good enough for me but its been a while since i plugged in on ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16226
I wanna see some pics after that build is done.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17199
There has been a change in the design. its going to be a addon to an exsisting high sensitivity speaker from cerwin vega....dx7 speakers...they are already 96 db efficient stock. im looking to be over the 100 db sensitivity mark per speaker when done. im at 35 (counting down is louder) volume out of 80 on a 75 watt rms system per channel at 68 db on music that measures low.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17200
Ill be sure to get pics when its done your going to like it berny.

hint....im going to add a 12 inch image dynamics idq 12 dual 4 ohm to give the vegas low end extension from 20 hz up since they dont seem to be ported really low.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17201
scratch the idq 12. i forgot i have the image dynamics idmax 12 dual 2 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2711
Sean, if you really did have 100db sensitive speakers, you wouldn't need more than a T-amp to put you out of the room...or break your lease.
Couple of things.
High sensitivity speakers might not have the power handling capcity to use more than say.......50 watts or 25rms, with 10x peaks. That is a LOT of power.
Once the driver voice coils heat up, you're toast, anyway, unless using 'industrial strength' parts.

I was just down in SanDiego yesterday, near the Sports Arena and went to Stereo Unlimited. Heavy into vinyl / tubes store. They had a pair of original Klipsh Corner Horns which they demo'd with some kind of 5 or 6 watt SET. If you like that presentation, you'd a been in heaven. Way louder than I'm used to......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17202
It is very apparent to me now that speakers stated sensitivities are not true to life and its even harder yet to balance a speakers frequency range as evenly as possible. Ive been playing with three sets of speakers I have and I find it intresting that I like punchy 5.25's with a tweeter over my 12 inch cerwin vega dx 7's at least down to 48-40 hz. Im now making a second set of speakers to closely match my 5.25 set.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17256
damn its april already ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16227
Yes it is.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25406
Rovin, wait till you pass 40. Every day feels like a minute and if you stop to sneeze you could miss it.

My folks are moving to GA this year. They're going down with cash in hand next week to look for houses. The market is just so crazy that $75K buys you a 4 bedroom home on 5 acres. Foreclosures and short sales everywhere. In Jersey $150K gets you 3 beds on 1/4 acre, assuming you qualify for the mortgage. Insurance is cheaper, taxes, ect. NJ is no place to retire. Their mortgage went up $400/month due to taxes. It was time to go.

I'll be shortly behind them. 1-2 years tops.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17258
this has been going on in the usa since the world depression , bad news for home owners but good news for buyers ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25408
Unfortunately though those who are slated to benefit the most are first time home buyers with excellent credit. Being a homeowner in a buyers market means you're going to take a bite on the sale of your home in order to take advantage of the other side of the coin. Only salvation for many is to move from an expensive market to a cheaper one. That way you can absorb the difference.

My folks are retired so income isn't a factor. Buying their next home outright is their best move. No mortgage = easier times. For me however I need to purchase a home down South while proving I have = income to sustain the mortgage. Well how do you do that in one step? You can't. I can't show proof of local employment to satisfy a bank until I find a job down there. I can't find a job until I live down there long enough to do so. So where does my family live until then?

It's a teetering act that has me in a quagmire right now. Again being a single parent doesn't help my situation. If it were just me I'd live in a tent for 6 months down there while I save the $$ for a down payment. Buuuuut my kids need somewhere to sleep.

So much to think about lol. I have other scenarios involving my folks that may pan out for me in regards to my relocation. They may purchase a property that has a guest house. That would allow me and my son a home long enough for my own plans to hash out. Possibly building my own home in my own time.

Ah the possibilities.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16235
Retirement is indeed nice. I would have stayed retired after my military stint, but my investments took a hit when that bastitch Madoff ran off with our money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17260
is there a holiday for easter in the usa ?

we get good friday & easter monday holidays off here ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25412
Kids have off school but most of the workforce doesn't. I know I don't. We left a few hours early on Friday though. That all depends on your boss.

In the US, because of the wide religious and ethnic diversity we have, they get a ton of days off for different holidays and religious events. Throw in teacher in service days, conferences, unused snow days and such and a 180 day school year spans 9 months.

Teachers have it made. Ton of days off work, no weekends, summers off, ect. Many take on summer jobs to pad their wallets more. Some take lengthy vacations or teach summer school.

30 years ago I had one teacher in grade school for 25-30 kids. Today my kids have a teacher, teacher's assistant and a third who comes in 2-3 days a week to help with computer lab. 20 kids or less in the class too. Any wonder why my taxes are so high?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23852
Paul, in California the teachers are overwhelmed with students and don't get paid much. We have so many illegal aliens here so our schools are over crowded. Since many of the parents of these students don't pay taxes, not much money goes to the schools.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25415
Well there lies the problem Chad. You see it more so in Cali because of its' geographic location to Mexico and Central America. I can't see how all those illegals are able to get schooling though. In Jersey in order to register your child for school they need full immunization records, social security #, birth certificate, ect. On the East coast the illegals simply flood the emergency rooms for free health care and take all the labor jobs out of the pool of employment.

The company I work for employs MANY people from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Puerto Rico, ect in our shop. Their culture is much simpler in their country and it clashes with our norms. Here are just two:

One is their ferocious appetites. Maybe it comes from a lack of an abundant food source in their homeland but when you see them eat it amazes you. Like every meal is their last. Every time we hold a company picnic you see them swarm over the food like vultures. Mounding the food on their plates 10" high. NEVER a morsel left, they devour it all. When they order pizza for the guys? Some will try and run off with an entire pie and a two liter of soda. Food is like their god.

Two is their lack of proper hygiene etiquette. Many, in their home country, don't have running water and you'll often see the guys going a week without showering and wearing the same clothes 4-5 days straight. The other problem is their lack of experience with flushing used toilet paper. They don't. They throw it in the trash. Their breakroom bathroom is atrocious and there's frequently 2 inches of water on the floor due to all the backed up toilets, yet they keep flushing anyways. Some are so unaccustomed to it they prefer to run into the woods rather than use indoor plumbing.

It sounds nasty and believe me, it is.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16241
For a moment, I thought you were describing the labor force in the oppulent Middle East countries like the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

These countries are so rich, they hire other countries to do the work. They set aside other tracts of made up cities to house them and the living conditions are about what you describe. They come from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India and frm a few of the 'Stans.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17262
so today is friday 13th

not that it has ever bothered me from going about my daily life ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25422
So tomorrow is Friday the 20th and no posts since^^^

We're slacking guys!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17265
i check in every single day & was wondering where is everybody ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25423
I guess even this section reflects pretty much what's been going on in the rest of the forum.

Just dead air. Dead.................................air.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2731
Speaking of cellphones being disposible.....
My brother had a slight shunt down at the ocean at which time his cellphone disposed of itself. Yep. A good soaking in Salt Water will have that effect on stuff. He should have kept it in a baggie.

I tried baking it out in the window in full sun for a couple days and while i fogged up the display.....it never quite recovered.

OOOPS!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25424
It's amazing how controlled we are by our technology. We have salesmen at work who positively can't function without their blackberries. It's like a remote controlled airplane without the remote. Quite frequently during sales meetings they all have their heads down typing away......to each other!!!

PICK UP YOUR HEADS AND SPEAK!! But no, they have to document all dialogue to cover their azz.

One guy dropped his phone into the Atlantic while on a company fishing trip. It took about an hour before he was reported missing due to the lack of responses to the unanswered emails. Emails during meetings, on the can, during dinners, while driving, ect. They NEVER turn them off. They're afraid of missing THAT email from the Northeast CEO and being the last to respond. Even if it's at 4am.

Talk about having you by the blackberries!

Hey do you see what I did up there^^^^^

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17267
alot of ppl are addicted to bb , iphones & touchscreens cells

up until early last yr i had a basic cell but i upgraded to a touchscreen samsung just so that i wouldnt look behind the times if i pull out my cell to use in public ... my phone actually has features like net , fb , youtube , twitter & such but i havent signed up for all that since i dont need it ... i mainly use my cell as it was originally intended : to make & receive calls ... may need to occasionally take a pic with it ... do like to change background & ringtones since those that come with any cell gets old fast

right now ppl are going nuts over tablets & ipads - im still good with my desktop & laptop ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16262
I have a kindle, but I use it mostly for games while waiting for anything. I still have an old Nokia cell phone that looks like a blackberry, its 3 years old and still works like a charm. I am looking to replace it with a Nokia N8.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25425
I haven't taken the leap to a smart phone yet. It's just far too much of an investment. I WANT one, would LIKE to have one, but don't NEED one. I'm on my 4th cell phone and I HATE it. It's a motorola, boost mobile. The coverage is decent and dropped call rate average I guess but the phone's design is not user friendly. Buttons on the edges, tiny text buttons, itty bitty 1 1/2" screen, ect. I only bought it because it said it could surf the net. I didn't find out until later it was a "charge by the use" internet phone. Also froze on every page.

I deemed the phone a defeat but still use it. I have to justify the $80 I spent on it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2734
my last cell phone cost about 4$. ZERO advanced features.
Camera is ok to poor......Bluetooth works fine.......
That is all.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16268
The deadness of this forum is amazing. How does it continue to generate revenue? It needs an updated BB.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25426
It's never been this bad before. The admin just fails to care about the constant requests from its' members. This forum was ROCKING about 5 years ago. Since then ads have taken over and ironically they've strangled the traffic away from this place. Not to mention a prehistoric layout and lack of creature comforts forums today have supported for years. (That we've also been begging for).

He'll wake up eventually. Maybe? Eh.....not so sure.

The only thing that has changed that's a good thing is the absence of the forum always being down for maintenance. What a pain that was. Now he probably just doesn't care to address all the trolls and spammers?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16273
Nope, too many trolls and spammers for just one person. When the site starts loosing revenue, they' probably sell it for profit instead of revamping the site.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25430
Well he better make a decision soon. Every day this place loses value because of lower traffic.

Kinda like that broker screaming "SELL SELL SELL!!!!".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17271
my bet is E's owner is letting here die a natural death since he probably has better things to spend his time on ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16275
Maybe the owner is running another site and he wants to leave us here. He wants no part of our hooliganism! LOL

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25432
Oh we can all guess at what the admin does with his time lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16283
Rovin...do you know anything about upgrading a 2010 BMW 328i's sound system?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17277
naw man

u thinking about upgrading to some aftermarket speakers & deck ? ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16284
Not the deck, just the speakers and an amp. The Head unit is capable of great SQ, it just needs to be coded properly. Removal would really mess up the central computer and I dont want to cut into any wires. I am thinking of installing a JL audio x600/6 and a set of morel component speakers.

The factory harness is really stumping me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17278
on the12volt.com site they have the codes for alot of vehicles

have u emailed bmw for the speaker color codes ?

it shud be like : stock deck > line out converter > amp > speakers ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17283

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17205
I keep popping in here but not much activity.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17286
me too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17206
We have to face the facts guys this site is going to die very soon. We should make arrangements to keep in touch somehow. What do you think?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17288
sad to say it but yep

im on fb so at least all of us can keep in touch

http://www.facebook.com/rovin.ramdass

i have chad , paul , andrew capps & dustin from E on it , i see chad posting stuff almost daily

i only joined fb last yr after being nagged by friends to sign on & im glad i did since pretty much everybody u know hangs out on fb now ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25442
Rovin knows because of FB but I'll be limping for a few weeks.

Dropped a 20lb dumbell weight right onto my right foot over the weekend. Did some damage and will be in a boot for awhile. I didn't actually drop it. It rolled off a table while I was changing weights. To make matters worse I was in house slippers!! Crushed a couple toes. This sucks. I have tent rentals coming up too. Oh boy.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2763
It's a sad day when you have to wear steel toed tennis shoes to work out.
Get well soon.
A LONG time ago, just before a weeks backpacking trip up in the SanGorgonio Wilderness, I dropped a 5lb jar of peanut butter EDGE ON right on my Big Toe.

I've lost over 25lb in the last few months. I went to the gym on Friday and picked up a 25lb weight....just to see. Man, I was carrying THAT around with me all the time? screw that.

Take care of yourself......And if you're in the mood for a good laught, go check out 'The Dictator'.......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17289
wtf paul i didnt have a clue that happen man , didnt see it on fb at all

ouch i know that will hurt like a mofo - hope u take care of it & get well soon

couple yrs ago i was cutting & moving some 5\8" plywood & a good size piece about 3x6' slipped off my table & the edge of it landed onto my big toe , man it swold up & really hurt ... got a hairline fracture but the doc said it didnt need any bandage\cast so it healed back up

got some belly fat that needs to go away - lol ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25443
Yeah it hurt real bad that night. Waited till the next morning to go to the ER. I had the kids and it was around midnight. Long freaking night I'll tell ya!

I was actually surprised after the xrays came back I only broke my 4th and 5th toe. It felt like my whole foot. They don't cast you for broken toes so a boot it is. When I keep thinking about it like Leo mentioned even a relatively small object can do damage if it hits just right. A 20lb dumbell could kill a small child rolling off a table. I was extremely lucky.

You know, just about everyone's reaction to a story like mine is that I shouldn't have been that stupid in the first place. True I suppose but if you stop and think how many times a day we all make those quick decisions that COULD result in injury but don't really add up. There must be 100/day with just driving alone. Working in a shop with tools add another 100, ect. Now I'm not saying to continue cleaning loaded guns but we're all careless to some extent every day. Sometimes fate catches up is all.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17208
True words spoken there paul. Whats your facebook?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25444
PM'd you Sean.

I swear the bad luck keeps rolling in. Coming home from my daughter's softball game and smoke everywhere. Looks like a coolant line leak. I have no time for this.

I'm ready for two weeks of fun in the sun with no troubles whatsoever. Troubles? (That would be life).

Lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2765
Breaking a toe is somewhat difficult. Breaking a PAIR?
Like winning the Trifecta a DelMar.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17290
this thread is 2 mths old so lets lay this 1 to rest ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17291
almost

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17292
done
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here