Can i get a new camera for a dollar ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17130
new thread

last 1 took only 6 wks to fill up so lets see how his 1 goes

bored as heck so im listening to some classics like this: ...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25310
^^^ohhh, nice legs.

Hey I try to settle the chaos the best I can. With Knowledge. But somehow it still gets crapped on lol.

http://https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/701892.html

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16041
I am trying to get into the Solar power thing for my home...I just don't know where to start.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16042
I like that rendition by Linda Ronstadt...is she still big. And by big, I mean fat.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2680
Berny,

'ya need some information to decide IF solar is right for you.

Can you ever go positive on your electric bill? IOW, will the power company cut you a check or will your bill just go to zero?

How much power do you currently use? Not $$$, but in KwH?
Where do you live? Further north is generally worse, since daylight in winter is both low in the sky and doesn't last all that long.

How long do you plan to live in your current house? How long do you expect the payback period to be? Would you like to go off-the-grid?

Get answers to ALL the above, and more. Than go find a certified esimator.
More questions for HIM.....mainly about how the calculations are done. How many hours per day is considered for calculating output? Is there ONE invertor or ONE invertor per panel? (2nd is best) Are they TRUE sine wave? Will the invertor plug into a computer for analysis?

Does your power company have those new electronic meters OR still the old analogue meters? The electronic meters don't support net metering so you'll either have a big argument OR not be able to impliment.....

Fun times.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16051
Thanks for the Info, Leo. I'll be doing research to address those issues.
I really do not care if the power comapny can cut me a check...zero electric bill is ideal, a check is a bonus.
I live in Las Vegas and since I recently retired, I plan on living in my current home until I die or a danger enough to myself and the community that I need to be moved to a "home".

Any hints as to what makes a good (certified)estimator?

Las Vegas went to that new electronic metering, which is quite controversial. It sucks that we are encouraged to be self reliant on power and yet they make so difficult to do so.
Have you gone solar?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25316
I myself would love to make the leap but I truly don't plan on spending the balance of my years where I am. I want to move down South in 5 years or so. THEN I'll look into it.

Unless you're in a remote location gridtie is the way to go. No batteries to replace/store/monitor and you never have to worry about a balanced production from the panels. If you're having a cloudy week then the electric company fills in the gap. What sucks and ironic though is when you have a power outage during a storm. Then you get to look at your panels in the dark and cringe.

In my state I don't believe you get reimbursed for any extra power you throw back into the grid, I may be wrong. It all goes as a credit on your account. You'll need it up here though in the winter when you get maybe 3-4 hours of good sun a day or less.

Where you are Berny is a prime location for daily/yearly sun exposure. You'll get 8 hrs/day easy. Sit back with your iced tea and watch that meter spin in your favor. If it's just you or you and the misses then you'll really see the benefit. Nothing like a house full of kids sucking energy every way they can.

Years ago I remember my brother having a space heater in his bedroom. He would leave it running 24/7 (cause he didn't like coming home to a cold room). One day it was a bit hot so he turned on his window air conditioner........while leaving the heater running. Electric meter spinning like a top!

I share parents with him but that's about it.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2681
I can't make the numbers come out in my favor. I use about 400KwH per month which is about 10 panels @200 watts. I still end up with a bill. My greatest use time, SUMMER is also when I'll have the greatest solar output.

SanDiego Gas and Electric is taking measures to make it more difficult on home-brew electricity producers. But, here is a current FAQ which ain't all that bad.
http://regarchive.sdge.com/nem/solarIncentives.shtml

Cover your meter with aluminum foil. Claim you can pick up the transmission on your fillings. Scrw w/'em. The idea with those meters will be eventually to go to time-based rates. Peak Usage times will be at a higher rate than just after midnite.

My opinion is that sizing your system to produce extra power is not a good idea unless your NET for the year is ZERO. Otherwise, overcapacity turns into profit to the utility which you take no part in...Indeed, you'll have to BUY a larger system to support them. So, again an opinion, I'd buy a system below my anticipated usage but not TOO much.

The calculation? The guy I spoke with at the Del Mar fair was an estimator. He said the calculation was based on 5 1/2 hours a day at the rated output of the panel. So, if your bill averages 600KwH per month, running that AC in Vegas and all, you will need 600/30=20KwH per day. 20KwH / 5.5=3.65 Kw worth of panels. Thats a bunch of panels at about 200 watts per panel.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=90897&eCat=bc%7C114%7C3241%7C9089 7&whse=bc&topnav=&hierPath=114*3241*90897*&lang=en-US

The link is to the Costco solar panel kits. Read thru just to get an idea when compared with YOUR electric bill.

Shopping installers? Well, best of luck. The housing market in the Henderson / Vegas / Pahrump corner of the planet is pretty awful and I'll bet the competition from the home improvement folks is killer. I'd ask for references and want to go SEE the work.

You'll end up rated EXPERT at this before you sign anything. Or at least I would.

But, based on cost....and the BIG system is 15,000$, you'd need one heck of an electric bill to make it pay off in anything less than 20 years.

Only AlGore can afford such a system. But than his KwH usage was more in a month than I use here in 2 years.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16055
Heaven forbid if we take away business from the bigass electric companies. It blows huge balls when you preach independence from big oil, but you will have a hard time being independent from the domestic bullies!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23797
Hey it's Berny. Long time no see Berny. Hope life is treating you good.

I have found a new hobby now that doesn't involve cars or car audio. LOL.

Here's my new toy. It's a .308 caliber. Thing has a good kick to it. I just went shooting over the weekend and barely got the scope sighted in.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7163/6814004163_dd6a4c0b26_b.jpg

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23798
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16064
Very NIIICE!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23799
Thanks Berny.

It's not so nice when I go to buy ammo and it basically costs $1 a bullet. LOL. But it's worth it. So much fun. LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17133
what do u shoot at ? ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16065
Rovin posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 23:24 GMT
what do u shoot at ? ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Any target that presents itself

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23800
LOL. No I go to a range locally. It's a pretty good range. I got the scope sighted in at 50 yards. Going back up there this weekend to sight it in at 100 yards.

Eventually I want to be shooting at targets that are 300-500 yards away.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25318
Nice. Like Robin Williams always said: You have the right to bear arms or the right to arm bears. Er................

Yet another hobby Chad? This one can get pricey.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23801
Yeah I know Paul. I am looking for special sales on ammo. In the meantime I go to Walmart to buy ammo. LOL. I was surprised that Walmart sold ammos.

Now I got a truck, rifle, and a beard. What am I missing? Hahahaha.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25319
You're missing a plot of land in the center of Mississippi lol.

Don't shoot your eye out.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17134
dang redneck korean ,u even got a redneck name too ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16067
Do you have the "mossy oak" camo patterned coveralls?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23802
LOL. You guys are too funny. Hahahaha.

So what is everyone up to?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16069
Not much for me. I decided to hang my wings and retired. Then I decide to re-visit this site and se what you bastitches have been doing in my absence :P

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4489
Dammmmnnn Chad that thing is badazz! Don't buy too much ammo at once or the feds might come knocking on your door.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23804
LOL. Yeah I won't.

Wassup man. Everything good?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17135
economy is usually slow at the start of the year so im on cruise control til business picks back up ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16073
I need to buy one of them FN SCAR 16s. They are nice!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23805
Rovin.......Isn't it almost time for the canival?

Berny......That thing is a beast.

Fire arm business is booming. It seems like everyone is going out to buy guns these days.

"New FBI statistics show November 2011 set a new all-time month record of 1,534,414 background checks by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System; NICS."

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16079
We can purchase those weapons on base without having to worry about the waiting period. Is there still a waiting period??? I can also get hold of FN-P90, killer prices and no tax... I am debating which one to get.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17137
yep our crapnival as i like to call it is on the 26 & 27 of this mth (feb)

u see how it goes here is that usually after xmas ppl are broke @ss so they have to wait til end of january for their next pay check which is then saved up for crapnival so its usually a very slow for the economy beginning of the year until crapnival is over & another mth comes by & then things pick up ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17138
easy to get a illegal gun off the streets here but hard to get a legal permit for 1 , unless u really pull some strings & shell out some bribe $ too ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23806
LOL. But you get to see some girls at the carnival Rovin.

Berny....I have to put in a 10 day background check before I can pick up my gun.

Here's a quick picture I took. We have a little gun cabinet at work and that's where me and my cousin keep our rifles. He's is the AR and the .22.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25320
Jesus Chad you like your toys!

Ya know when the world tries to end later this year those might come in handy lol.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16081
I don't know about you guys...but being a civilian kinda rocks! Looking to get a job with the VA or maybe back to the DoD.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23807
Paul....You know me. I get obsessed with a hobby then move on. LOL. But this is a keeper.

Berny.......I've been a civilian all my life. Trust me, it's over-rated. LOL. Congrats nonetheless.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16082
@Chad...that maybe true, but I had been putting on the uniform for almost 30 years and have known no other life. It sucks having to decide what to wear for the day. I think I'm getting fat too. LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17186
Whats up guys I decided to reappear again. Is the car audio forum still dead?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17139
yup

prolly more dead than dead if thats possible ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17140
chad do u still watch wwe ? ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17187
I just ordered a healthmaster for emulsifing raw fruits and veggies into liguid with the fiber included. This is a perfect item for someone like me who hates the taste of vegetables alone.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23808
Rovin.....Of course I still watch WWE. LOL.

Sean.....That sounds yummy. Kinda. LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17141
even a 3yr old child can figure out how false wwe has become yet we all still watch it ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25325
It's for the drama. I've seen grown men at bowling alleys stare and drool at the tv watching it. Back in my day it was all about the WWF. Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Superfly Snooka, The Bushwackers, ect. As a kid you believe and watch it because, well, it's just dang fun to see a man jump off a rope 12' in the air pile driving another with a chair.

Good old American fun.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23809
Hahaha werd Paul. Those were the good days of wrestling. Now it's all about drama. But I still watch it. It's fun. LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16087
I loved South Park's take on wrestling! That episode was hilarious.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16088
And since everybody is talking about it...Whitney Houston dead at 48...RIP

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25327
Yup. Shame in so many ways. Too young, too much talent, ect. Just another victim of the celebrity life and how some things come easy with it. One of the best in her field in her prime. MANY looked up to her.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23810
Fricking Bobby Brown ruined her life. He should of been the one that died.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16090
Who's going to watch "Act of Valor"??? Seems like an awesome flick!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17142
i never really was a fan of her but still thats sad to see another 1 go down to drugs

i think why we all may still watch wwe is remember seeing it while growing up so it became a norm to tune in on a monday night ..... me , i hardly look at it , if i do watch its only the beginning for curiosity but when they start that young & restless crap acting i flip to watch some other show & may or may not tune back in to see the last fight only if its interesting

bwt good going on posting guys - we're already up to 50 posts in less than 2 wks ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23811
Berny.....The movie does legit. I'm def gonna see it.

Rovin.....Yes we are moving on the post count here.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25331
It's good to have long lost family members back.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23812
Yeah Paul. I'll be here regularly. In this section that is. LOL.

I think i'm addicted to coffee. I haven't had coffee all day and I feel like a druggy without drugs. LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25332
I always only drank coffee on Christmas morning. Now that I'm in an office I drink it occasionally.

Those Keurig machines are awesome. Kinda expensive to use on a daily basis but what a convenience they are.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17143
i keep about 3 or 4 brands of tea & 1 kind of coffee so i dont drink the same 1 everyday ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16091
Keurig machines FTW! I got one of those as a retirement gift.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23813
Yeah those machines are awesome.

I am not a big tea drinker. Tea makes me hungry. LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25333
Tea? Let's talk about sun brewed iced tea.

Good stuff right there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17144
"""Keurig machines"""

man i had to google that to see what yall were talking about - lol

all i know is the everyday brands like westinghouse , GE , oster , silex proctor , mr. coffee etc

i drink my tea hot in the mornings while having breakfast , brands like lipton , red rose , tetley etc ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25334
Rovin, the attraction to the Keurig machine is the simplicity and ease of use. it's a one cup shot of coffee at a time. It literally takes 20 seconds and you have a freshly brewed cup without the burden of having to make an entire pot at a time. You simply drop in the prepackaged coffee cartridge cylinder and hit brew. After you're done you throw away the used cartridge and you're on your way. No pot to clean, coffee grounds and filter to throw away, no new brew to start.

The genius to the invention are the costly coffee cartridges. While you bask in the glory of instant coffee without the mess you simply fail to care about what that cup breaks down to in cost per serving. The boxes of coffee cartridges aren't cheap. Something I KNOW was a factor in the invention. Now there are more than a few coffee makers scrambling to produce these machine friendly cartridges and desperately marketing them.

Here's the down side. The Keurig machine, while cornering the market, isn't manufactured for high traffic use. Perfect for the home and just about anywhere else a random cup of coffee is wanted/needed on a daily basis. I work in an office shared with about 20 other people. Everyone from secretaries to truck drivers will hit that Keurig machine just because they know it's there. Some hit it 5+ times a day. The first machine we had cost about $180 and lasted only 2-3 months. The next generation rig cost about the same with a few new features but probably will only last as long. In a high coffee drinking traffic area between the costs of the machine and cartridges it winds up being an expensive alternative, but in today's fast paced world we don't care. Give me what I want and give it to me NOW.

The inventor is rolling in it. Rolling.

Aw crap I typed all that over a Keurig machine?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17147
hey i actually learn alot there so ur effort wasnt in vain ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16092
Aww...somebody is in love with the Keurig...LOL! Nice write up man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16093
J. Peterman would have been proud of that essay!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23814
Hahaha Berny. Werd.

Paul, def nice write up. LOL.

Here's an awesome song from an awesome band.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17150
chad how come u didnt do this with ur accord ...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/703918.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23816
Hahahaha Rovin.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25337
Rovin knows thanks to FB but my son dropped my Ipod touch. Ouch. The screen is completely shattered. Just got it in December too.

Called the Apple store and they want $150 to replace the screen. Great.

So I decided to order a replacement screen off Amazon and attempt to replace myself. Call it electronic surgery lol. At the least working on it myself will void any warranty it may have.

Here goes nothing!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23817
good luck Paul. Just think of it like you are playing operation.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17151
maybe there are pics\vids online somewhere showing how to do it ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23818

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25338
Yeah the vid on the Ipad is similar to what I'm going to have to do to my Ipod. Not impossible but very delicate work. They cram a lot of fine electronics into that slim case.

I feel like I'm without my cell phone since it's been broken. I used it for everything. Checking email, weather, posts on here, following ESPN and NFL.com, talking to my sis with facetime, ect. Not to mention it became my in a dash camera. It's so easy to take a pic, email it to yourself and share. No docking station or memory card to fuss with. Plus all the free games both my son and I got addicted to. Plus I have a radio app which turns it into a portable radio which can broadcast any station that streams.

Google Earth
Email
Instant weather
Alarm clock
Daily planner with notifications
Voice recorder
Bar code scanner
Portable music device
Portable movies
Stock market apps
HD camera with video
Facetime
Photo library
Games out the wazoo
Ect, ect, ect lol.

All without a plan. I even have a free phone app which turns my Ipod into a cell phone. It works too. As long as you're in range of wifi.

And they keep improving them too lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23819
I can just picture you putting the Ipad up to your head and using it like a cell phone. LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25340
I have the Ipod. Not the Ipad. I'm not rich lol.

You wanna throw one my way be my guest.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23820
Ohhhhhhhhh. For some reason I thought you said your son dropped the ipad. LOL. All this time I was thinking ipad. Hahahaha.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25341
If my son dropped a $600 item and broke it I'd be a little more upset lol.

Yeah it's the 4g Ipod. Love it to death.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17153
how did ppl manage to live life b4 all these fancy smancy "I" somethings , inner net , mini computer cell phones & all those other thingamajigs

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16099
Before the internet, we actually had to talk to people face to face and we are more polite and not prone to internet douchebaggery.

The consequences of asshattery in real life is real and tangible

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23821
LOL True Berny.

Also with texting and chatting online. People can't see the real emotions when texting or chatting online so things get taken the wrong way. Causes a lot of drama.

The way I see it, I think this world has reached it's peak. Now starts the decline. It's the technology that is to blame.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16101
Yup...definitely hard to project emotion through the written word.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17158
& this makes 80 posts & in only 16 days too - GREAT job guys !

see all it takes a couple of us daily to post a line or 2 & we cud be back to the good ol days

but im not greedy - this rate is a vast improvement over sometime last yr when we slumped to 2mths b4 a new thread was made - lets keep it up

ok so who's gonna have the honor of making a new thread - chad ? , been a while since u made 1 ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23822
When do I make one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts