New Camera Dealer

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25008
Sorry. Been far to long in the last thread.

Anyone here have an Ipad? Questioning purchasing one. Not sure if it's a luxury at this point or a soon to be household staple. I want one but the price tag for such a gadget is steep. At least right now.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17026
lol at how u laid our last thread to death ... good , cause it took too damn long to end

those things look nice but to me its a toy i cud do without , as long as i have my laptop im happy & dont really care to be mobile

im just chillin waiting on 12 midnight when PBS shows 2 episodes of ARE YOU BEING SERVED ?

im sure u remember that show paul ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17027
yes i can d\l it & watch but it gives me something to look at on a sunday night b4 i go to bed ...

Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 5
Though iPad has a high prize, it owns many functions and applications. We can gain much fun and more convenience from it. So on the other hand, iPad is worth purchasing.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25011
^^^Ok. Cool. Send me the bill lol.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2055
iPad is a luxury. It's nice to have but you do not NEED it at this point. You can get cheaper alternatives such as the blackberry tab or Samsung Galaxy tab or even the Motorolla. Not much cheaper but you can save some $$$. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab. It's good but ask me how many times have I actually used it? A handful. My phone can do everything and more the tab can do. And if not, i have a computer at home and at the office.

Same thing with the Kindle replacing books in the future (even present). I have friends who absolutely love the kindle. I personally can't stand it. There is a certain feeling I enjoy about reading a book from an actual book and not from an electronic. But that's just me and I'm not old folk either. 22 y/o

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25015
Well it's been said necessity is the mother of all inventions. How true that is today I don't know. Kids today though don't know a world without cell phones or the net. Such entities are not a luxury to them but as needed as rain. The Ipad is just another toy in the middle of our next "must have" generation. Today a salesman's Blackberry is as important (and costly) to them as their car. Some simply can't function without them. With constant and instant data transfer and email it really is their mobile office. Built in HD camera, conferencing, live video phone, ect. The list of things it DOESN'T do is shorter than what it can.

My sis has a phone that can read the bar codes off products in stores and gives her the price. No need searching for that damn scan station lol!

I used to say the same thing about buying a Ipod Touch. I thought "just how often do I listen to music anyway? Enough to drop $300+ on a player?" Well I love the darn thing. Internet, email, music, movies, pics, alarm clock, calculator, stop watch, and so on. Now when I'm on my back porch I don't have to drag my laptop out, I keep my Ipod with me and I'm connected.

P.S. Hand helds are also replacing a very standard item just about everyone uses and needs. A watch.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5130
whats up guys. been a long time home youve enjoyed your summer so far. Paul i thought of you today saw trusses getting delivered on a job site

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25016
Nice. Probably came from our Belchertown plant. It's one of our largest.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5134
Ya that must be pretty cool to see them all get made down there

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25017
The equipment is always evolving. I remember working for truss companies that pretty much cut and assembled the components by hand. Today we have laser guided truss setups, $250,000 omni saws, state of the art design software, ect. What all that fancy equipment does however is make the user more and more "stupid". When you create a machine to think and work for you, your own skills atrophy away.

Because our sales, engineering and production staff are so dependent on computers, when there's a network problem............we shut down. The guys in the shop don't break out skill saws and continue working, nor do our engineers when their PC's don't work.

Nobody knows how to do the math anymore and it's because technology has spoiled us. Back in the day a computer was something we stored pictures on and played games with. Today they dictate every aspect of our world. From the DMV to our banking system, our utility grids to the entire government. Try reserving a hotel room or renting a car without someone typing it in a PC, not gonna happen.

Imagine 20 years from now.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5136
oh i know its insane. i just wish i had a computer to caryy and lay shingles for me lol doing a roof right now glad we dont do to many of them

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25018
I humped it up there for 7 years lol. 140 degree roof temps in the summer and frigid mind numbing cold in the winter. One ice cold day in December I smashed my thumb with my hammer 2 stories up on a Victorian home replacing a roof. That was it lol. I landed a job at Shelter Systems after that working the panel line.......indoors!

The extremes were just too much for me. Not to mention making a living as a roofer will do so much irreversible damage to your knees. I was glad I got out when I did.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5137
ya i know what you mean. The extremes are the worst we only do 5 roofs a year but this year they all seem to be extremes. that heat wave wasent much fun. id much rather be in the ice cold with snow coming lol. I love my ice cold boston winters

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17028
hey charlie nice to see ur still dropping by

chad lives on fb so thats y we dont see him on E - lol ....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5138
hey wats up rovin. Hows the shop running?

ya i see chad everyonce in a while on FB wish we could get the old group together we had some good times on here

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17029
economy is tough the world over & its no different here in trinidad

govt workers here all want a big fat raise & govt can only afford 5% , unions want to shut down the country for their pay hike when they shud be damn thankful they have a job since u see on the news that govts worldwide are laying off ppl yet nobody here is getting laid off

in order to give them more pay the govt will have to raise some sort of tax to pay for it but u know how ppl dont ever like any sort of tax increase , kinda like damn if u do damn if u dont

yea those were the good ol days but they say everything good must come to a end - at least a few of us are still keeping the tradition alive ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25022
I'm actually a bit concerned (as we all should be) about the current financial crisis USA is in. The trickle down effect started in 2008 and sadly hasn't improved. Most of it blamed on junk loans from banks that really didn't care for a borrower's ability to pay it back. They knew the good ole US gov would bail them out, which they did. Now every last honest American is paying the price. Republicans are blaming the dems and visa versa.

Now that the housing market is totally saturated with foreclosures new home construction is at a stand still. Why would I pay $400,000 and wait 6 months for a new home when I can have the Jones's mcmansion right now for $200,000?

If you stop to think how many lives and trades are affected by that it gives you a headache. There's the countless trades in construction, zoning, architecture, material vendors, truck drivers, ect. Then you have the real estate world who sells those homes. That's just the beginning. After you move in (by moving companies) you'll need to furnish and fill your home (many businesses there). There's the insurance, trades involving upkeep like electricians and plumbers, HVAC guys and more. Hang on, not done yet. Landscaping crews to cut your lawn that surrounds your home, home security companies to monitor and protect it and all the industries that provide you heat, water, phone, cable tv and the net. The building of even one home employs 100's of ppl. Multiply that by the millions of homes not occupied and you can see why so many are struggling. I'll stop there but you get the picture. Couple that with the extremely difficult task of obtaining a mortgage for the middle class and you have a stalemate. The rich are gobbling up all the properties at an insane discount and hard working tax paying citizens can't put a roof over their head. The banks are shooing ppl away like dogs and unless you HAVE $100,000, getting a loan for it is almost impossible with average credit.

Reagan was right. The middle class is slowly dying away. Most of us someday will all be living inside large multifamily buildings while the upper class continues to prosper while collecting rent.

Canada has never appealed to me as much as it has lately.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25024
Got another truck yesterday. 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Pretty clean. I'll use it as a beater and to do my dirty hauling in. No frills, just another truck.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17169
congrats on the new truck Paul.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5140
nice new truck paul looks like a beauty. You are def right most large construction companies have really cut down on people because jobs that they can do in 2 days with 15 guys now there all doing 3 weeks with 3 guys since they dont have the work load that they had before can take there time doing jobs

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17170
Hey guys im down 18.4 pounds in 1 day shy of 3 and a half months of losing fat weight. 22 pounds to go to be really lean.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5141
awesome job sean im down 20 lbs myself. have p 90x just gotta start doing it consistently

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25033
I've heard of that program Charlie. What's up with it? Hard to do?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25038
This I like. Only 9 minutes a day and only a towel is needed.

Whatcha guys think?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25039
^^^Audio is a bit loud. Sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2518
I've been walking 3+ miles 3 or 4 times per week down at the beach.
Sometimes I'll shuck off the shoes and do a sand walk, which if you've never tried THAT, it will really work you over. When walking at Carlsbad, I'll do all the stairs, of which there are about 6 opportunities of up to 50 steps. Up or down at each one and you add some distance and really burn some cals.
The beach views are.......inspirational, so say the least.
Jumping in the ocean when done is both refreshing and a way to cool down while dodging surfers.
My times have dropped and my cardio health just feels better.

Next step? Weight Watchers. My sis-in-law has lost a bunch and seems not to suffer. She walks a lot....keeps reasonable records and does Zumba Dance weekly.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17171
Great job leo and charlie. Ive been doing cardio an hour to 2 hours or more a day eating at 500 to 1000 calorie deficit a day but I found that the 1000 calorie deficits were making me lose strength so I cut them out. The 500 seems to be where its at for success. The cardio seems to be best at an hour a day or so every day.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17032
a full wk & nobody posts ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25050
So here's one for you guys. I bought my second hand truck a few weeks back (2001 Dodge Ram) and it has a factory tape deck!

Remember those lol???!!!

Looking to replace it with at least a decent HU that can take cds and possibly a thumb drive usb stick?

Not dishing out the $$ for an Alpine or anything of the sort. It's a work truck. Might even take my azz down to the farmer's mart and see what they have.

Any suggestions?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2530
How about the least expensive HU that'll take an Ipod input?

Spend any extra $$ on some better speakers?

How 'good' do you want / need a work truck to sound?
Once the muffler goes, you'll never hear the stereo, anyway.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17033
only a few wks ago i threw away all my cassettes since i found all the songs & d\l them

go with a flash deck for sure , nobody buys or uses cds much nowadays but get 1 that can play cds still too

whats ur budget ?

how about being different from the pioneer & alpine crowd - jvc , kenwood , clarion all make good units too ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17173
Im temporarily back from vacation but i was going to be gone a month straight. Going back sun or mon for 3 more weeks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17034
where did u go to ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17037
sept 1st bump ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17174
im just outside rehobeth delaware. I joined a gym for a month down here and making good progress on the free weight flat bench.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17044
thats cool man

good to see some1 finally posted here ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25062
Big B-day coming up this week.

Not excited about it at all lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17045
time for a walker ^^^ ? ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25063
Yup. That's how I feel from time to time lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25065
Man has this site taken a dump lately.

I used to pride myself in posting everyday here at least once. Now it's like..........why?

Y'all get the same feeling?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25066
I mean, I wanna be a lifer, been so for years, just as long as there's life left in it.

Is there?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2062
Doesn't look like it

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25067
Lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25068
Hey thanks for the shout out on Facebook Rovin, Chad and Jesse.

There were quite a few.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12148
Happy birthday Pauly!

Hope everyone has been well.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17050
no problem bro ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25124
Dude if I ever wanted to get away and live in a different world I always thought yours was a cool place. If I didn't have kids I would seriously consider it lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17176
Happy b day paul. Im back from my vacation.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17053
its republic day in my country tomorrow so another holiday for me - yippie ! ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25134
Nice.

Got my daughter a new bike for her B-day but it's supposed to rain all weekend.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23764
Good to see that people still post in here.

What's everyone been up to lately?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23765
I typed up chad lee ecoustics on google and lots of my threads pop up. LOL.

There's a thread with my name on the title of the thread and I never saw it hahahaha. Paul said something about it as usual. LOL.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/580068.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25139
Car junkie.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17054
good to see u drop in from time to time ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17177
Hey chad. Hey guys I just bought a new digital camera a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 with 16 to 20 times optical zoom with good reviews for 194 shipped. I wanted something with more optical zoom than my current one 4x.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23773
Sean......zooms are over rated. You should get a DSLR camera. I know they can get pricey but it is well worth it.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2067
I'm looking for a DSLR....any recommendations?

For beginners of course..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2589
Go check 'em out and get the one which is most comfortable in your paws. The Canon 'kit' lens is pretty much junk, so that'll be the first thing to replace. Even though I'm a long-time Canon user, I think the Nikon kit lens is better.
As for other glass? I'm not current, but the Canon Gold band lens, the 28->135 is now stabalized and produces good images.
For available light, I'm not without my 50mm f1.8 which is the least expensive lens in the Canon line...maybe 100$ or less 'street'.

Now, Skulz, if you are serious about learning photography, I'd send you out to buy a film camera so you can't take a million bad pictures, but must think about each one. This way you'll learn some discipline in shooting and end up taking fewer/better pictures when you finally DO go digital.

For used Canon? Try a 5d, which is full frame and NICE. I'd be wary of a used Rebel unless a late model. They are built, as are the Nikons, with limited lifespan in mind. Any of the 'pro' or prosumer cameras should be built to a higher standard. And that applies to the Nikon line, as well.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2069
I know a little bit of photography. I don't exactly take 'bad' pictures, but I do know what is worth taking etc. I've had other digital cameras before but now deciding to get a DSLR.

Have you heard of Pentax K-X series? I''ve read a few articles and this camera out performs Nikon and Canon and is about half or a third of their prices. I may bite into this.
(sorry if this is a hijack - if anyone minds i promise to get out and start a thread in the main area)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17062
here is pretty quiet so i dont mind , go right ahead ....

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4447
Chad what happened to your Accord?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25173
Tag you're it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17069
steve , chad got rid of his accord & is now a "trucker" that enjoys paying for his higher gas consumption

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4455
Haha a trucker. I wanna sell my car and get a small truck so bad. All I think about is how much its gonna suck to pull everything outta there... and the fact I know I won't be able to find a truck with 50k miles for 5 grand... :-/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17071
not really a fan of "trucks" , where im from we call them "pick-ups" & to us a truck is a lorry that hauls goods or stuff like gravel & sand etc - lol

imo pickups are good for if u have to often haul stuff too big to fit in a typical vehicle like a sheet of plywood or length of steel etc , dont really see the use if ur just using it for daily city driving & not carrying stuff in its tray

im a wagon type guy ...

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4456
Well most trucks are rear wheel drive or have 4x4, and we get lots of snow here...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25191
We got like 2". If that. I know you guys up North got 20+".

Boooyaaa!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17077
its nov 1st already , soon we will all be wishing 1 another merry xmas & a happy new yr again

dammit where does the time go....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25194
Out the window apparently lol.......

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12167
Got the same truck sitting out in my driveway right now Paul. 180,000 miles strong and still kicking.

I need to go find some wood to knock on lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25200
Trucks are the shizznit!.

I will always own at least one.

It's in my DNA.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17082
this thread has been here since aug 8th & still struggling to reach 80

man have we seriously rolled downhill in our lil section ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25209
lack of willing participants.

And chit to talk about.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17085
yea even in the sub section too its kinda slow

this makes 75

c'mon we need 5 more to go to a new thread ...

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2080
I'm not selfish so i will contribute to 1 post

:D

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17179
Im back guys whats up?

Platinum Member