Invisible cam ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16993
6 days & nobody posted - is our group dying out .....

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17102
No ill keep posting its just im hitting the gym hard this week plus im posting on bodybuilding . com now too

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24740
Really only us 3 left.

Wow.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16994
yup its sad

was a dozen of us couple yrs ago ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24744
Well think about evolution then. Anyone here want to invite anyone to the group? I know I wasn't "invited" years ago but party crashed it lol but still, there are still some guys around. Some new prospects with a hint of decency. I know Skullz passes by as an uninvited guest but he's more than welcome as a regular in my eyes. Throw them out there and we "three" can determine what's best for this right of passage lol.

Let's spark this place up a bit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16995
we cud probably do that but the regulars from our time r not on E again , u will have to really look to see a familiar name like how it used to be

lotsa newbs r on these days

yesterday i was looking up james longo & his last post was over a yr ago , if u remember isaac (who was like a GW) he stopped posting over 2yrs ago

seems everybody has moved on ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24747
I follow Longo and Chad on Facebook. I have them as friends. Muddy and Jesse too. Longo is actually doing very well for himself and his family. Great to see. Chad as usual likes to change things up frequently. One day his passion is car audio and the next he's into just cars. Last I read he was into biking. That's our Chad!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16996
forums do get a bit stale sometimes so recently i too started to go on fb since most ppl i know hang on fb

havent gotten a fb reply from chad as yet , maybe u can ask him for me

otherwise i play ps3 , recently got some new games so im occupying my time with that instead of cable which mostly show a bunch of damn reruns ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24757
I don't watch TV really. I did watch tonight's American Idol results but short of that I'm on the net outside of everything else I do.

Here's a bit of knowledge you guys might like to know. I read that those who work behind a desk/computer are 52% more likely to die from a heart attack as apposed to those who don't.

Not only do I work behind a PC every day but I also play behind one as well after hours.

I guess I'll be dead soon. Love ya'all.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17105
Not if you workout and eat right.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24763
Looking to do just that Sean. I need a plan. A goal.

Co worker of mine dropped 40 lbs in only 2 months, He looks GREAT!. Problem with weight loss is it tends to be temporary at best. You go up, then you go down. The cycle is crazy. Anyone can lose the weight, but the key is to change your lifestyle to maintain that weight, be it exercise or diet change.

It's tough to it do long term.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17108
You just need to know your maintenance calories once you get there. I plan on getting there and eating at maintenance after that which means ill always be counting calories and having cheat days but always making adjustments to make up for it during the rest of the week. You can do that through calorie reduction or exercise.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24765
I can have a good run and loose the weight by eating tons of fruit (which I love), drink lots of water and cut out fast food and larger, less frequent meals. I naturally loose weight under those circumstances. Like I said though your body remembers your diet. Soon after reaching your goal you naturally start to crave those demons that you fed your body for years. Exercise is just as tough to maintain as well. With a busy schedule as a single parent with a full time job going to the gym is out. Sure I have a nice stationary bike at home but it's the discipline to climb on it every other day and work up a sweat for 25 minutes. I can almost guarantee weight loss for ANYONE who follows these rules:

Eat a breakfast
Drink at least 4-16 oz bottles of water a day
Eat fruit, be it a banana, orange, grapes or whatever you like. Once a day.
NEVER eat right before bed.
Unless you're 20 or younger you need some sort of physical movement. It doesn't have to be intense cardio at the gym with a personal trainer. Take a walk around the block twice at a good pace, Throw football with your son for 1/2 hr, ect.

My problem is that I sit behind a desk for 10+ hrs a day at work. After I get home I don't have the time to cook for myself or my son so it's microwave to the rescue for dinner. After checking his homework, doing the dishes, making his lunch for the next day, son's baseball games, daughter's soccer games, batting practice, ect, I'm left with a little time on the PC at home for E, Ebay sales, Craigslist postings and checking up on current events on the net. Before two shakes it's 11:30pm and time for bed. Mind you I've also been bringing work home to try and catch up.

Weekends I have the kids and have been making the 45 minute drive to take them to my parents for a visit. Trying to keep that routine since they are moving South and we won't get to see them as often. Weekends are filled usually with ball games, laundry, mowing the lawn, and any other projects I don't have time for during the week. Like today, I have to tear apart my kitchen and get creative with installing my new oven which doesn't fit the hole the old on took up. Fun fun.

End of rant. Back to the grind!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24766
Ok so this is what I was up to today. After several trips to Lowes and Home Depot I finally finished my kitchen. The problem was that the new oven I bought wasn't the same size as the one it replaced. Turns out I had to relocate the base cabinets on the left shifted 3" to the left so the hard gas line wouldn't interfere with the back of the oven. After that was done I was left with a 9" void between my new stove and the existing cabinets on the right.

Afte doing some research they do make an expansion cabinet that has a built in pull out spice rack. Problem is they want $400 for it. Grrrrr. So I got creative and decided to make my own. Bottom line is I spent about $40 and a days worth of grief but it's done for loads cheaper. I think it looks original. I doubt anyone would question it. It was either this or spend the extra $400 on the extra wide oven it was to replace. I'd say it was worth it.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16997
sounds like a episode on HG TV lol

looks good but the black stove with what looks like a stainless steel m\wave doesnt match the all white kitchen

yes i have watched alot of hg tv ...

even up to this morning i saw 2 episodes of Disaster DIY ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24769
I agree from this angle but my dishwasher is black (off to the right) and the stove it was replacing was also black so I wanted to keep it the same.

Not to mention white is harder to keep clean as a stove top.

Maybe if I replace some of my other counter top appliances with black ones it would help balance the colors.

Could idea Rovin lol!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24771
Minus the microwave I've replaced all my counter top appliances. I think it helps. Can you believe I had a hard time finding an all black microwave today? Either one store only had dorm room size units or the other store had none in stock, ect. That will be tomorrow's venture I guess.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16998
wait did i make u go buy a new m\wave - lol

was just messing with u since our kitchen is not perfectly coordinated either , stove & m\wave is black but the fridge , blender , cabinets & counter top are all white ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24772
Lol. No. I just decided I had outdated appliances and determined that THIS was the perfect time to replace them as well..

Out with the old and in with the new.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24773
Sh1t most of my new counter top appliances only cost me $30 a piece. Except for my new toaster oven, THAT was $60.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17109
Paul as far as the diet and working out. Where there's a will theres a way.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24776
True. It all comes down to what you want the most. I don't know but for some deep down odd reason maybe I re-did my kitchen in hopes that it would spark me to start cooking more meals as opposed to microwaving them. It IS better for you and after all I am paying a mortgage for a house so I might as well start using it's kitchen more lol.

Picked up a new microwave to match the other appliances today.

God did that sound ironic.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16999
new m\wave ftw ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24787
Just keeping the thread alive........

Is it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17003
was wondering

its up to us 3 to keep the almost 6yr old tradition alive ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24788
So what's everyone doing for Memorial day? Rovin I know your country doesn't celebrate it but for us in the US it's pretty big. A day off of work/school, no mail and BBQs as far as the eye can see. Even more important to anyone who has or had family or friends in any of our country's services.

My son has baseball tournament games all weekend. Makes it hard to plan a party. No worries.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17112
Maybe visit my brother and keep eating on my diet and enjoy my rest day from working out.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24791
My son's 3rd and last game was tonight. They lost all 3 so they are out. His team has a 8-2 regular season record so you can imagine the parents are completely baffled that they get their little azzes handed to them in tournament play. With a combined 42-11 score for all 3 games it's frustrating for them.

My son's Mother and her boyfriend are the team's coaches. They simply failed to prepare them for this level of ball. The kids are used to regular season rules like no leading off or stealing home and and a 4 run/inning limit. Come Sunday night under the lights playing an aggressive team and they are like deer caught in the headlights. The kids just simply weren't prepared.

In tournament play it's dog eat dog, even if they ARE only 10.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24795
Well I'm trying something new for my knife business. I generated a blog. Anyone here have any experience with it? I slapped one together in like 10 minutes. Just for hahas. Let me know what I should be doing differently. Thanks guys!

http://www.stainlesssteals.blogspot.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17113
Looks good to me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17004
well today mon 30th was a public holiday in my country - its indian arrival day , east indians from india that is

its a holiday every yr

yesterday i went to the movies to see FF5 & today went to the river with a buddy ...

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12107
First post here in this thread in June

Pauly, that spice cabinet looks pretty nice and so does the rest of the kitchen. I've actually been redoing my room (sisters old room since she moved out) which is why I've been away so much....along with other reasons lol. But I just finally finished up and just need to mount the TV on the wall but then it's all complete. I'll try and make a little thread in the OT section today or tomorrow with it all. Let's put it this way, I now know how big of a pain in the azzz dark blue walls can be when you want to paint them cream....three layers of primer was just barely enough to take the blue out lol.

Btw Rovin, speaking of movies, I just saw The Hangover II and Bridesmaids and I have to say, both are hysterical. I was expecting The Hangover to be awesome cause I loved the first one but Bridesmaids, I think, was more funny than it. It was great. I was stunned by how good it was.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17006
yayyyyyy we got back a member to post here lol

im weird in that the 1st hangover movie i dont think it was spectacular the way ppl talk about it but i do think it was good , sure i have seen other movies with a similar plot but cant think of it right now

recently saw adam sandler and jennifer aniston in "just go with it" wasnt a rofl but a funny family type film , that Brooklyn Decker chick = OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG in her swimsuit - makes u want to pause the movie just to gawk at her body

jennifer looked pretty great in hers too for her 42yrs age

FF5 imho wasnt spectacular neither - id say 7\10 ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17115
I saw hangover 2 today I was disappointed I expected a much better movie but it did have some funny spots.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17116
"jennifer looked pretty great in hers too for her 42yrs age"

By the way being 39 I can tell you 42 is not old. Ive seen some 40 - 43 year olds in tip top shape on bodybuilding.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17007
i meant that brook chick is only 24yrs old compared to jen's 42 age

jen at the age of 18 cud have been brooks mom

jen's body put up a great showing compared to brook's

btw - chad finally added me on FB , good to see our ol buddy again , he looks a bit different now ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24802
I don't dig the "buff" look on women. Muscles and pretty don't fair well together IMO. Tone is one thing but leave the ripples to the jocks.

Thanks for the words Yanks on the kitchen. It was really my only option. Been tossing around the idea of a new side by side fridge but keep hearing the horror stories of not enough ample room in the fridge side. My sis says most don't give ya enough shelf room for an average tray? I don't buy it. I personally like the look and convenience of a side by side. No bending over to get frozen food and the ice/water dispenser in the door is nice also. Never had one......ever lol. Then again there's nothing wrong with my current fridge and I AM a logical man when it comes to frivolous purchases. "If it ain't broke.....".

I myself am dying to see H2 but will wait for the DVD. Even if the 2nd is only as half as good as the first then I'll like it.

And 42 is MILF age. For guys my age a woman doesn't lose her appeal until she can't reach the nasty places to wash lol.

Ok, maybe that came out wrong.........................

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24803

quote:

btw - chad finally added me on FB , good to see our ol buddy again , he looks a bit different now ....

It's a damn good new look too! Way to go Chad!!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17008
^ i think that was u who i just added on fb lol ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24804
P.S. Just sent you a Facebook friend request Rovin.

Add me if you dare lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24805
Naw I just saw you as one of Chad's friends.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17117
Wait until you see my transformation im going to go from 32.3 % bodyfat to 14% but it wont be until dec 20 at earliest

Im gaining muscle too while losing fat also

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24813
I have no problem with seeing muscle replacing fat. It just depends on how much is being replaced.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17120
Im really happy with my progress im losing fat and managed to put 15 pounds on my bench press in 4 weeks. My other lifts are improving too.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24823
Nice. Is that 15lbs on a single lift or what you do sets on?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17010
a whole wk & no posts ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24847
Got a busy weekend. 3 tent rentals, baseball practice, soccer game, laundry, the yard, ect.

Sh1t I gots to go!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17125
"Nice. Is that 15lbs on a single lift or what you do sets on?"

15 pounds on a max bench press for a single rep.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24854
Nice! Progress is golden. Inch by inch, pound by pound, watt by watt. It all spells improvement.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17126
I just improved my bench press another 5 pounds today. Im only at 228.5 pounds at 166 body weight but id like to get back to 152 pound body weight or less doing 250 on the bench press for a single like I used to. Then the goal is 280 on the bench press for a single at 140 pound body weight. Im hoping to do that in a year or less.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24860
Good luck bro!

There's an old saying and I hope I get it right. Here goes.....

If you could bench your weight you were considered average.
If you could bench your weight 10 times you were considered strong.
If you could bench twice your weight you were considered exceptionally strong.
If you could bench twice your weight 10 times you were asked to perform at parties lol.

On a side note guys I got a bit of bad news today. My sole remaining grandparent of 89 years of age passed today. I'll be making the trip to Pittsburgh this Friday for the funeral. I wasn't close to her but it shook my Father up a bit. She was just admitted to a home not three weeks ago. She was always afraid of dying and she felt a home is where they put you do die. Died in her sleep at 4:30 pm.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17011
oh thats sad man - R.I.P to her but at least she went peacefully ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24869
650 miles driven in 36 hours. Dinner last night, service/funeral/lunch today. Been a long 2 days. Found out a major family secret about my aunt today too. It took my Grandmother to pass before anyone would let it out. Turns out my late Grandfather wasn't the father of one of his daughters. Turns out my Grandmother had the baby 2 weeks before marrying my Grandfather. He knew it wasn't his but married her anyway. Only his sisters knew along with my Grandmother of course. Everyone else was clueless until today when they spilled the beans. They doctored their marriage certificate to cover it up. Back then paperwork wasn't as tight as today.

Shocking in a sense but it made no difference to anyone. He raised her as his own and she will always consider him as her true father because, well, he was for 70 years. Imagine living 75 years and THEN finding out your Dad wasn't your blood Father.

You see, back in those days having a child out of wedlock was FAR more inappropriate than it is today. Some families even casted you out and turned their back on you. It was a serious deviance from the social norm. The man who fathered my Aunt left my Grandmother with the baby and also with explaining it to her own father. My Grandfather wasn't about to let that happen and married her. They raised her along with two of their own kids together and nobody was the wiser.

I respected my Grandfather immensely for so many reasons and now I have one more.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17012
WOW !

yea there was such a thing as it been unthinkable as being preggers without being married & having kids out of wedlock doing the right ting etc blah blah back in those days

nowadays ppl hardly even think about honorable stuff like that ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17013

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17136
Im still here.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24917
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17138
I went and burned a 1000 plus calories on the treadmill yesterday needless to say i slept a little more today.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17142
I burned 1200 calories at one time on the treadmill today....im headed for a 4000 plus calorie burn today.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24929
1200 to 4000? That's a big jump.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17145
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17146
That 1200 calories was from a 3 hour and 20 minute cardio session. I ended up doing more cardio spread out through the day hence the 4346 calorie day. Oh and my daily maintenance is 2300 calories.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17155
I beat that one the other day...total calorie burn was 4597.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17018
not much happening with me

gonna play some ps3 in a lil while so i will be off the net ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24973
Been busy remodeling my son's room. New, everything. Went out today and got 2 things. Wainscot for the walls and a 5 gallon bucket of joint compound. This first step was $180. Ouch. I still have the walls, ceiling, ceiling fan, shelves, furniture, carpet, trim, ect.

This is gonna set me back a grand I just know it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17019
sounds like fun doing sh1t with ur hands though ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24979
So I was walking down the street one day.......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17159
hows that room coming along paul?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24993
Project on hold. I have problems that destroyed me beginning last Friday.

Too long a story. Don't wanna talk about it. Not at least until it's over.

Praying for that as we speak.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4428
Sorry that you're having problems, Paul. Hope it's nothing too serious.

I need some advice guys.

While I was at Six Flags today, I received a voicemail for an interview for an entry level IT position for an online retailer. One funny thing about this company is I used to unload their stuff every night when I worked the evening shift. Horrible, horrible door to unload. Mostly steel ramps and bulk (over 70s). I smashed my thumb between 2 ramps once and the whole nail came off... lol and now I might be going in for an interview there.

Here's the problem. It's about 37 miles away. The pay is decent and a lot more than I'm making now, but I did the math and I could end up paying around 70-100 a week just for gas. What should I do? I'm thinking I'll go in for the interview to see what the drive is like, see how the interview goes, and go from there. What do you guys think?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17166
ill say this keep in mind youll be working 8 hours a day plus drive time. From that perspective alone you gotta ask yourself is it worth it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24998
Well there's a few things to consider. How is your ride on gas? Have a reliable car? You're looking at about an hour each way. Not saying ppl don't commute that far every day which they do all the time. There are ppl here in South Jersey who commute to NY city by train. They drive to the train station, hop on and go. Problem is it can take 2 hours! Why do they do it? Because jobs in the city pay $$$$ and living in the burbs is a dream for most. Sure many live 20 minutes outside of those inner city jobs but pay for it dearly in property taxes.

Plus consider what it will add to your resumé. I'm taking it computers are your forte so it would ad substantial weight to any possible future openings in related jobs closer to you.

If it's a huge burden on gas/tolls then ask for an automobile or gas allowance. Many companies have expense accounts that cover those things. They may say no but what the heck? It's all part of the negotiations.

I say make the trip. Check the place out and give them your requirements and see what they will bend for you. In today's market anyone looking for YOU is a fantastic sign. There are so many ppl out of work that are many times more qualified than those who still retain employment that anyone WITH a job should be grateful.

Stop and consider the 45 year old unemployed IT guy who has 20 years experience and 4 kids to feed who will happily drive 2 hours each way to get that same job at $10,000/year less than they offered you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17024
good pep talk ...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4429
Thanks for the advice guys. If things go well and they offer me the job I will take it. I need to start somewhere and as long as I'm living with my parents I'll be able to afford the cost of gas. It would be a good place to start. Interview is Monday.. Gotta start preparing

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24999
Go getem tiger!

Living at home is a more and more common thing as so many are driven out of their homes due to rough times. Use the time to build a bank roll that will help you buy your first house. I did it the hard way. I jumped right out of my folk's home into a condo with my future wife. Try saving $$ for a down payment while making rent payments to boot. We struggled for 3 years until we socked enough away to get out. Best thing we did. We both put $50/week away and in 3 years we had $15,000, enough to buy our first home.

Oddly enough we sold it 3 years LATER at a $50,000 profit!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25003
Bump........

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25004
Bumpity bump.......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25005
Bumpizzally bump....bump......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25006
Bump it to the left..... bump it to the right...........

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25007
Don't care if she is ugly, as long as her sh1t is tight.........

Bye bye......see you thread....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us