1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15878
& its too heavy ...

hey jesse good to hear ur ok ....

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21901
Going to be a tad busy the next few weeks. Going to Albany NY to visit the sis for a week and build their bar. Then coming back down to help the inlaws with finishing their basement. Couple days work. Then I'm flying down to GA to visit my brother and help construct a 17' X 75' greenhouse for his kids. (He's a school administrator). He was recently given a $25,000 grant from the state for the project. He's picked some of his students to put forth a helping hand but they need someone full time on it. Just waiting for the temps to rise a little.

Beats sitting on my azz all day in front of a pc.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21902
And as far as global warming goes it surprises me how little many know about it. They take the word "warming" in the subject and automatically assume the sudden cold temps are contradicting it, rather than proving it. The polar ice caps are indeed melting faster than anticipated thus disrupting the ocean's currents that supply warm air to the northern hemisphere. It's funny to read how people INSIST global warming is a hoax based solely on the environment in their backyard.

I guess they fail to read about the HUGE icebergs from the poles surprisingly breaking off and making their way to distant shores? Recorded ocean temps have fallen almost twice the anticipated rate over the last ???? years and they think a movie is what started all the hype?

Those who believe global warming is some sort of government game is spending too much time on Youtube watching Byonce and Miley Cyrus to even have a semi educated opinion of it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 15883
its harder for us who live in d tropics

id say up to a few yrs ago i cud have a comfortable night's sleep without use of any fan or a\c especially in january when d wind used to blow & keep d place alot cooler but now i often have to use ac to get a good night's sleep

d sunshine is damn hot during d day so thank god i dont have to work in d hot sun like others ...when rain does not fall d temp here is a avg 33-34 degrees celcius , yes we use celcius here so that wud be around 91.4-93.2 to u guys

got a\c in my living room so im cool watching tv till bedtime , laptop is in my living room too & ac in my bedroom too but i keep it low just enough to keep cool & not very cold , save d earth even little as i can ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21903
Year long tans, never snow to shovel, chicks in bikinis.........

My heart weeps for you lol. Although 90's isn't fun ALL the time I suppose. Light on the wardrobe.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13079
Im glad to hear you have some good work coming up Paul.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13080
As far as the global warming topic I cant say Ive educated myself on the subject but it definitely isnt good when natures balance gets disturbed.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13085
Anyone know where a new idmax 12 d2 v3 is preferably new? I want to run 2 if I can. woofers etc has then but its like 450 for one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15884
yes d clothing need not be heavy - lol

what da hell sean

if u port it u will be gasping for breath on some songs with just 1 12" & dont think sealed sounds "soft" either so i dont know why u wanna kill urself with 2 ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13086
Ok then ill stick with one haha. I didnt think that it would be very loud sealed.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13100
yay 13100

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15885
when they ppl hear mine nobody believe mine is in a sealed box until i show them it ...of course mine is in a wagon firing backward so d cabin gain helps

mine is in 1.5cufgt sealed if u want to try sealed 1st ...i had tried it ported around 27-28hz & that was killer

& if u want to really go crazy u can always add a 2nd max later on ....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13105
Yeah thats what im afraid of that my cabin gain wont be much but you know this is for sq not spl so I should be ok.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10685

:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21911
Great clip. Miss him.

The planet, however, has never had to deal with such a destructive influence as a surface dweller as humans. What other species has evolved as quickly and abundantly as we have? We have doubled and doubled again our numbers faster than any other over our existence. Compound that with our disregard for our environment as well as our neighboring species among us and how can anyone expect a bright future lol? Some of the things he mentions take place over thousands and millions of years. Our impact here has happened over the course of only 200 years or so. When the planet sees 10 billion of us in the next 100 years or less just imagine the standard of living we will have.

It doesn't matter what technology we develop to replace our dependency on fossil fuels, we will still keep needing twice as much of it as yesterday so long as medicine keeps extending our life expectancies and replacement fertility continues to increase (number of births over deaths). If we rob the sun's rays to power our homes and industry it takes that much away from the planet's absorption of it for the plant life, a major part of the globe's food chain. More highways and parking lots means less forests and grass.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but George is indeed correct. The planet isn't going anywhere. We are. When technology exists and we have a president who is willing to spend the trillions of $$$ we spend on defense on space exploration is when we will find our future. Then we unlock Mars' water supply and eventually start the process all over again. Don't you hate redundancy?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13128
I watched it but cant say im a fan of that type of humor

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21912
Carlin is my hero lol. I could spend hours watching/listening to him. Robin Williams is a fav too.

I saw Carlin in Atlantic City about a year before he died. He was slipping a bit and you could tell he was relying on his notes more and more for his routine. He was a pioneer in his type of humor. Just like Robin is as well as Lewis Black.

Saw Black in AC too. He's a riot.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15890
had to let that vid run in d background while i surfed all over since im not a stand comic fan either - i cant sit there for more than 5 mins listening since i get bored fast & it all sounds like gibberish soon after

u see that situation in haiti when d slightest bit of food\water is sighted how they clubber each other to get it well thats what might happen in our future when there is waaaaay too many of us & too little resources

a thought occurred to me maybe thats how nature cleanse itself since certain natural disasters claim 1000s of lives in 1 go

same with diseases - every yr for d past few yrs a new deadly 1 arises & more ppl go

car accidents is a funny thing too , within d past wk in my country we had 7 road deaths , 4 students in their early 20s in 1 car , then 1 taxi driver & passenger & thurs night 1 young guy who its reported know those other 4 ..kinda like some "final destination" sh1t in real life ......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21913
Well mother nature better step it up lol. With all the natural disasters that have occurred in recent history taking lives it still pales to compare to the natural increase in the world's numbers.

Just in the last 20 years we've added a billion soles. That's 1000 millions.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13134
I love robin williams too he is hilarious

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15891
mork & mindy ftw !

his movie RV was good too .....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13138
yes it was. Hey Rovin what dls components are you runnning im considering getting the dls up6i. Can you give me a description what yours are like?....do they have decent midbass?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13151
Now im also considering GENESIS Profile 16 components but I cant find a place that ships US

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15893
i have cdt hd62 in my ride , they impress alot of ppl with their loudness & loads of mid bass but i think its tweeter cut off point is too low since u can hear it with singers like celine dion or air supply with certain words that has "s" as d last letter : sounds a bit harsh but they sound good for a normal person

i have plans to trade them in as part payment for some Morel ovation II 6.5" comps since we have a dealer here in my country who i know

have heard MS & Utopia (i think) DLS here in d dealer's car - tweeter sounds very natural & speaker sounds good on d midbass too

i chose d morel because it handles more power & according to specs drops lower too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15894
why didnt u get that $235 set u posted - specs look good ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13154
I dont have the money yet but if they are there when i do Ill grab them

Thanks for the input.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15900
have heard 1 JL lower line set - sounded good

but wasnt there a time JL comps had problems with their lower line comps that d tweeter was blowing , dont know if they solved that since that was a while ago ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Morel-Tempo-6X-6-5-Component-Speaker-Set-Tempo6X-6-1-2_W0QQi temZ170433023473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item27ae998df1

have heard these too

its there lowest model but it sounds clean & loud

doors of d wagon i have it in wasnt dampen so midbass wasnt strong probably due to that ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13192
Wheres everyone at?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4339
Present. :-)

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10689
...attending....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13206
Is that all your going to say guys

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10698
hahaha, i really didnt have anything to say then, as i was getting ready to leave.

I watched Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story movie today, as always, Family Guy cracks me up with its total randomness.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13221
Ive been watching two and a half men lately its made me crack up

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4343
Don't know what the hell Domenic is doing with that amp but he's got me worried. That amp was runnin perfect when I uninstalled it. There should be absolutely no problem unless he just doesn't know what the he'll he's doing.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4269
Seems to be the case. He wants to take it to a local shop

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21942
Looks like the sat section is boiling over again.

Why does everyone over there think that member "Plymouth" is a mod here?

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4345
"Seems to be the case. He wants to take it to a local shop"

That, and why does he seem reluctant to call DJ? DJ is one of the coolest, nicest people you could ever talk to for help.

Paul, which one is your alter-ego? C'mon man, just a little hint? :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21946
Lol Jesse. I've had a few accounts in the past but they have long since been buried.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4355
Haven't seen an update from Domenico on my old amp. He hasn't contacted me at all. hmmmmm. I think I'm more worried about it than he is. I hope he doesn't try to say I sent him a broken amp. He had me make that video of it working, take pics of the packaging and amp in the packaging and have him ok it before I sent it out. I would feel like a D!ck to have to tell him that he isn't getting a refund but I sent that amp out in good working order. I don't know what he did when he first attempted to install it. It's really nerve-racking. I really don't need anymore stress....end up in the damn ER again. :-(

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10712
fuckem dude, he seems to me like he hastily and shoddily hooked it up, and doesnt have the patience, and cant swallow the pride to admit it was user error and not something wrong with the amp.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21959
Happens to ALL of us at one point. Reminds me of the power wire I sold to a fairly new member here a few years back. Now it was my own dumb fault by not insuring the package or even getting delivery confirmation since it was only going a few miles inside my own state. Well I made the bigger mistake of telling him that. Next thing you know he claims to never have received it and it's been 2 weeks. I'm freaking out because of my spotless rep here and just before I was going to refund his payment via Paypal and take it in the nuts I had an idea.

I told him inside his thread that I was sorry for the delay and that I was going to make it right. (For all I know the wire might actually have been lost.) I told him that even though there wasn't delivery confirmation I can always track it by going down to the PO and filing some paperwork. Told him it will take a day or two but that I WILL find out what happened. All BS but I was baiting him for a response.

I'm telling you within 5 minutes of my post he responds: "Paul, it just arrived. Everything looks great! Sorry for the hassle. Thanks man."

2 weeks using 2 day priority mail inside my own state? He didn't stick around much on the forum after that.

Jesse I'm not saying Dom is a player but just a heads up, they're out there.

And you went to the ER?

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4359
Those were my thoughts exactly, Muddy. I've seen it too many times on the forums where the person is so excited and in such a rush that they forget the simplest things such as forgetting to remove the ground from the battery.

Paul, yeah, the story of my ER trip is at the end of the last thread.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21963
Wow, it got by me. You're young so I wouldn't worry. But if it scared you enough to go to the ER then it must have shaken you up. Good to hear it's not as serious as you thought.

I too used to get those feelings. Chest pains, tingling in the arms. Turns out it was my diet. A few good belches and I was good as new lol. I DO have high BP but it runs in the family so my doc says some just have to live with it. I have Lisinopril I'm supposed to take for it but it makes me light headed. When I went to stretch my arms above my head while standing up it would almost put me on the floor.

Scary stuff. Plus you're not supposed to drink ANY alcohol with it so I had to remind myself in the AM not to take it when I planned on putting a few cold ones down that day. The combo could drop my BP down to fatal levels.

Eeeeek.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13233
Sounds like you need a new med Paul.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15912
sup kidz

i did make that T line 33hz box for my 10" RE SE last wk & it sounds shweeeet

today i almost finished making another T line but im trying a 40hz tuning this time to hear how it sounds for loudness outside my wagon

when im done carpeting it during next wk i will post up some pix ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21969
Yeah that's what I'm thinking Sean. Yet my Grandmother had high BP all her life and she's still kicking at 90! My father the same. You can contribute to the problem with a high sodium diet which, thankfully I don't use when cooking. I love fruits and tend to flush out my system a lot with fluids. In the Summer I could easily put a gallon of any cold drink away in an 8 hour period lol. It's like nature's enéma for the body.

High BP is a killer and you have to be aware of what kind you have. The kind that is brought on by bad diet and undue stress is brutal. High BP from genetics is slightly less of a monster. You can live with it as long as you're smart.

I want pics of that box Rovin.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13238
Sweet Rovin. Hey theres a good chance im getting another idmax 12. If I do im going to run them on my mtx 81000d at 2 ohms for 1500 watts.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13239
Yeah Paul i know what higher bp are about Im on meds for rapid heart rate but my blood pressure is sometimes a tad high 140/80 and sometimes low it all depends. 100/60

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21970
Well when I almost cut my thumb off due to a bandsaw incident my BP was taken at the hospital at like 160/110. Obvious reasons lol.

A year ago it was 150/100.

On meds and calmed down it was last at 130/90. Not bad for my family history.

Yeah I can be all over the place. Funny when my BP was off the charts in the hospital I felt almost fine. Worried sick about my thumb but no usual symptoms of high BP. (Chest pains, arm pain or anything).

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13241
Definitely sounds like you need meds daily. See if you can get a new med tho without weird side effects like the other one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15920
aint have much to say but im typing this just for so ....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13288
Im typing just because you typed just for so

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15925
well at least we know each other is alive ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13300
yup... post number 13300 Im slowly getting there

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13328
I just picked up a pretty good deal to run on my nht classic 4's (home speakers) its a Parasound HCA-1200 205 watts rms each channel at 8 ohms and 315 watts at 4 ohms. Since my speakers are 6 ohms each im looking at about 225 rms per channel on my 250 watt rms per speaker each. It only cost me 343 shipped off ebay.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15929
ima newb when it comes to a good HT set - all i gots iz my logitec Z5500 i use on my laptop when i watch movies on d 40" sony via a hdmi cable ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13330
This is just a 2 channel integrated amp. I bought a denon receiver for my home theater. I always wanted a killer home audio system now I got it.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10739
this thread sucks.

lets talk about FOOOOOD!!!!!

i had some delicious Johnsonville Brats today for lunch...with sauteed peppers and onions, and dijon mustard on the side. WOOOOOOOT

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13344
Im on a diet so thats not my favorite subject. Although I could have some low fat hot dogs or these chicken sausages I get once in a while.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15930
u ever see on tv what goes into making those sausages - not d choicest parts used but they flavor it to taste good ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22021
Came down from Albany NY yesterday from visiting my sis. Why is it Roy Rogers only exists on turnpike rest stops anymore???!!!! I LOVE their chicken and burgers!

$13 for some tenders, fries and a small drink though.

Any of you have a Boston Market near you?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13351
those chicken sausages are really low in fat and high in protein so the quality cant be too bad

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4284
Sup everyone.

My grandparents eat at Boston Market a lot. I can't remember the last time I've been at one though.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13353
We had one here where I live a good number of years back but I never ate there.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10751
i ate there and it reminded me of high quality cafeteria food. in a good way. :-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13366
I just signed up to dish network since our building is allowing it as long as it doesnt plug into the roof. I got 120 channels from dish network the first year for 24.99 and the second year for 39.99. The cable company finally doesnt have me locked.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22077
I'm still waiting on Fios to come in my area. To get it all for under a C note is my ticket!

TV, internet and phone.

Hey Sean how much snow did you get? I got slammed!!!!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13375
My mom said we got the most on record since the 1800's or something. Id say 2 feet with the two storms.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10734
more coming my man monday night into tuesday lol! So I built my box for the eclipse sub and it sounds absolutely amazing with 1000 watts to it. my amp that I am using is starting to mess up, one of the rca's is loose. so while I take it out and find some time to fix it I need a new amp. 1000 watts or so @ 2 ohms. I am thinking kicker zx 1000.1. you guys have any other opinions?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22091
Sadly I never got to hear the Eclipse. I have to take your word for it lol. That Kicker amp is a good one James, widely used. Well you know Kicker makes decent amps.

And ya we have a few more storms headed our way. One on Monday/Tuesday and yet another on Thursday (bigger one). I simply have nowhere to put anymore snow!! We've already had 70+" this year and we're in the middle of February still.

I'm so ready for kicking back on my deck drinking a brew while watching my chiminea blaze away it's not funny.

Not to mention my fifth wheel camper is probably taking on water due to the snow on the roof that I can't get to.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10735
lol yeah I hear ya we have had a good amount also. I just started looking at the eclipse za1200 which is a perfect match for it. am pretty sure I am gonna go with it. I heard about the snow coming on mon/tues but not for thursday!! well plowing has been good this year. we are plowing 72 residential drives and 5 commercial lots so I dont complain when the snow comes:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22094
Jump on dat lol!!!!

Peeps around here are charging $50 a driveway and pros are getting $500/hr for plowing services.

Mind you we don't normally get snow more than 20 or so inches a year so when it gets crazy so does the fees.....

Cape May and the shore towns got nailed and not only were they not prepared for it but the homes and business structures weren't designed for the weight of the snow so many homes were damaged.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10741
I average about $65/drive around here. our commercial lots are $400/$500/$550/$800/$800 and they get done every 1-2 inches. the driveways get done every 3-4in. $500/hour is about right, my list takes me about 10-12 hours and its about $8 grand/round.

I found a clearance on the eclipse amp for $289 shipped because everywhere is clearing out eclipse because they are not making them anymore. it retails for $600 so $289 is a pretty darn good deal:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22095
In my town alone we had a Walmart roof collapse as well as my local Fire department. Some other residences as well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22096
Sweet deal.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10743
yeah you guys got hit more then we did. how far down in jersey are you?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22097
I'm just a tad South of Philly. Pine Hill.

I got the the full 28.5" on the first storm and then the 18" from the second. Brutal.

Now we're getting more? Oh sh1t!!!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13377
James ill sell you my mtx 81000d for 200 shipped it does 1500 at 2 ohms

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10744
damn man we didnt get any from the first round they said we were going to get 4-8 inches but I woke up in the m orning and it didnt even flurrie. The last one we got about 12inches, and they are calling for 6-8inches tomorrow night into tuesday.

Sean let me look into it I have never used that amp. I am kind of leaning toward the eclipse to keep it the same.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13384
I have the mtx 81000d on a pending sale and i told him 180 shipped a while back so i stuck to it. Hes close to me anyway so shipping should be cheap.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13385
Hey guys I ordered magic jack so ill be able to make outgoing calls free.
I figured thats a way to keep my minute usage low on my cell phone when im at home i can call people back on magic jack. My parents have it and say it works great.

Platinum Member

Central Florida

Post Number: 10779
holy mother f*ck

its James c*ck-strong Longo

it's me, Muddy. but im tired of that name. i don't ever get tired of my real name. lol :-)

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10747
I didnt think that was coming out untill march Sean! I have heard good things about it also but it only works on GSM networks.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13412
you must be talking about something new in march fill me in....this is just the regular magic jack

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13413
found it

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357954,00.asp

Personally I see no real benefit going with this over the standard magic jack.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10748
Josh my man whats been good kid?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums