Are digital cameras better than regular cameras

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11821
Yeah Rovin the phoenix golds were the right price. I doubt ill even get in the 50's but ill be excited if I do.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15230
with d cone area of 8 12s 150 shud be easy

which model vehicle u have ?

played NFS HP2 on my ps2 for about 3hrs last night - loads of fun lol ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11824
I hope so 150 would be awesome. I have a 1995 ford taurus gl. Wow three hours you were into it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15231
yea man that version of nfs was d very best ever IMO

gonna play it again 2nite - its like ur on crack when u burn rubber going 170+mph in that ferrari & lambo ...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20776
I had NFS for my pc awhile back. It's a cool simulator. ANY driving sim to me is addictive though. That's why I LOVE GT. The clock says 1pm on a Saturday. You play the game and set some new records. Your butt hurts and you're hungry so you pause it and stand up, and look at the clock.

Holy crap it's 5:30pm and you got nothing done around the house!

You think to yourself it's a waste of your time but as long as you're doing something you love........

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11829
I finally decided on my amp for the 8 12's Rovin. The rd audio d5.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/RDAUDIO/d5.jpg

Steve told me this amp should do at least 3900 watts at 1 ohm. He said they rated them conservative because of usacii.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2950
Then do it. What's the price tag?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11834
supposed to be 849 but um cheaper shh

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15233
cant seem to find that model amp on their site ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15234
ahhahahha paul - butt hurt ftw or ftl ....

spent another 3hrs on it last night - just had to beat that desert stage with my F50 ....

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1198
is ps3 >>>> xbox360? i can get xbox for 175 with hd and wireless controller But only reason i want ps3 is becuase of bluray...thats the only thing needed to complete my home theater setup.

i played nfs underground on 52inch tv and that was fckin amazing...,.

I need good sub for ht setup tho...will post pix if interested

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20777
That's what persuaded me to get a PS3 is the bluray player. I don't have the expensive cable yet so I have yet to watch any. I'm so used to Sony so it will always a PS.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1199
expensive cable? what you mean?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20779
The HDMI cable to connect the HD source to my HDTV. My brother in law paid $60 for his. I'm told it makes the difference in using the player. I suppose I could use standard RCAs but then what's the point in the player if all you see is regular quality?

I dunno. That and paying $30+ for the movies right now isn't appealing to me yet.

I haven't researched it further in awhile so they may have come down drastically in price so.....

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 724
So I have been playing the absolute chit out of GT4 since I got it. LOVE it!!! Some of those licenses are hard as hell to get. Just got done with the IA one.

Only problem is sometimes the game will freeze up on me, the little loading symbol (that is normaly white) will turn red and i will have to turn it off and turn it back on. And it only does it when its loading never durning any races or anything like that. Its been doing it alot recently and I don't know if its the game or the console.

Anybody know of anything I can do? If its just the disc I will go buy a new one. Yup, like the game that much.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15240
maybe d lens or disc needs cleaning ....

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 725
Yeah man the first thing I did was try to clean the disk off and that didn't help. Then I read a little bit on the interwebz and figured I would crack it open to clean the lens and blow the dust out of it.

Upload

None of it helped any.

Dammit, was starting to make some progress in the game too.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11845
Sorry to hear about your luck. Maybe you should just look for another one. The good news is your only out 15 bucks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15243
how da hell r u using a hammer to fix or repair ur machine - wtf ! ....

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1203
Paul...partsexpress has great HDMI cables for $6. I think i may have an extra one somewhere im not using...ill be more than happy to send it to u

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1204
oo yea..it makes a HUGE difference. Regular RCA cables are crap. Those are the lowest quality cables. Try component cables (RGB)...those are fairly cheaper than HDMI cables. Even S-Video cables are better quality than those RCA cables.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20815
Wow then they DID come down in price then? Shoot. I've had my PS3 for about a year now and all this time.........

Thanks for the offer man. I won't take anything for free though. Do ya like knives lol?

Hey guys I've taken my canopy rental business up a notch. Now I've added a 20' X 20' and two more 10' X 20' tents for rent in my arsenal. The new 10' X 20's have windowed sides perfect for weddings and chit. The 20' X 20' I'm renting out for $75 and the smaller ones for $45 a shot. MUCH cheaper than the pros which is why I guess my calendar is booked through Aug 31st as of today! I don't see it dying off until Autumn to tell ya the truth.

Sometimes when looking for a peanut the squirrel finds the walnut!

I've even offered some of my business to my ex-wife's boyfriend. He's a drunk deadbeat living off unemployment driving her to eventually lose her home. She needs $$ badly so I offered to teach him the ropes in this easy money gig. She's afraid he'll just drink away any profit so why risk it?

Life sucks for some.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15258
u r a good ex arent ya ...

finished carpeting my new sealed box for my IDmax

finished it as it was getting dark & pics shot at night wont show how really good this 1 came out so i'll post it tomorrow 4 all 2 c

tested it this evening with 1\2 power 500wrms - daaammmnnnn ! - its souds sick & wonderful at d same time ...hits those killer low notes in jeezy, 3 6 mafia & others with authority ...does make me feel sorta funny in my throat & my face feels like ants is walking on it ...oooh i love it ! .....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20819
Sh1t I stop working when the sun goes down lol.

Yeah I loved the tickle myself.

I'll be waiting to see results on full power.....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11857
I knew youd really love that idmax Rovin. By the way my other 4 subs came a few days ago and my other 3 batteries came today as well. Time to start buggin my bro with the install.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11861
Rovin I canceled that rd d5 amp. I got a sundown 3500.1 for 650 pretty much new. Only tested to see what watts it produced. They produce rated power at 12.8 volts so 4k at 14.4 volts

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15274
oh ok cool

at least u will be different since like RD is d new bandwagon every1 is jumping on

i do like SD amps since u guaranteed getting more than u paid for - have seen & heard some of them in action ...good stuff

i see in jack's thread that u said u hope u dont have to dampen - id advise u do it , its most annoying to have ur vehicle flex & make all sorts of rattle when u put a system in

lame to see utube vids of guys boasting how their roof , trunk lid & doors flexing & they feel proud of that but u hear all that rattle

music sounds so much richer\smoother with a dampened vehicle & actually carried up d res freq in mine so it helps in spl

some ppl have reported dampening reduced their scores but 4 me a spl comp is not held often so i enjoy d benefits in daily listening than letting that bother me ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15275
* crickets chirping ......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20844
**Shoots crickets**

Upload

So what the hell is everyone up to?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15281
well today i hooked up my new pdx 1000 to my idmax ...took me a while to dial it in but i think i got it ...gets kinda warm though , hope i dont have d gain too high

will play around with some more b4 i secure it to car's floor ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20846
That sub has such a nice basket man. She's got a deep mounting depth right?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15283
8.25" actually

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/manuals/iDMax/iDMax12D4V3.pdf

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20851
Man that's almost as long as my yoohoo.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 746
Whats up everyone? Hope all is well.

So ever since i got the playstation most of my free time has been spent on that damn Gran Turismo game.(turns out it was the disc messing up so I got a new one). Seems like as soon as I turn it on a couple hours slips by like its nothing.

And just FYI don't put a whole egg in the microwave expecting it to turn out like a hard boiled egg, it will explode!!!

Ask me how I know...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20855

That's ok. The first time I tried to boil an egg I boiled the water first, then put the eggs in. I went through 2 dozen eggs before it dawned on me that I have to bring the eggs AND the water to a boil together. Here I thought I had "faulty" eggs.

They all popped like firecrackers lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15294

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11879
lol

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 751
^Lots of good stuff in your for sale thread man! Im supposed to be buying an hc2400 from Jake ( I have 2nd dibbs on it) but if that falls through I think I will pick up that Image Dynamics idq v2 12 from you if its still available.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11880
Thanks building that wall pretty much puts all that other stuff out to be sold because i wont use it. I have a phoenix gold xenon 400.1 amp too that I could sell but im not sure I want to.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3985
Hello everyone! What's good?

Damn Paul do you have every single day booked through August or just the weekends? If it's everyday you're makin' bank, man! lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20859
Mainly weekends. I have dates in September now. Had my first casualty though. I left for Albany NY this past Friday to visit my sister so I had to set a tent up on Thursday night for that Saturday. Wouldn't you know we had TWO monsoon rains come through! High winds and mucho rain. My 20 X 20 collapsed like a wet noodle. I had to replace 8 poles and a few fittings are damaged. I was in NY. There was nothing I could do. The ppl I rented it to probably just sat inside watching it all happen.

Now tonight I have to try and salvage what I can from the mess. It has to be setup again this Friday AND Sunday.

A rolling stone gathers no moss........

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15300
sup kidz

got me a wii today but i havent tried it out as yet.....

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 758
Thats sucks Paul. And yeah I bet the fuggers just watched it happen too.

Well I bought my 3rd Kinetik hc2400 today. I really hope I can manage to fit this thing under the hood of my Accord.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20861
Rovin. A Wii? You lol?

You'll love it! It's fun and interactive. Makes you sore all over the first day you use it.

Then like the rest of us 6 months later you'll be staring at it like that weight machine we all bought collecting dust. Gaming and exercise are fun at first, then you just want to sit down. I've seen ppl play tennis on a lounge chair playing the Wii. That's NOT what the game was intended for but.....................

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11900
Congrats on the battery wicked. Why didnt you take measurements before you bought it haha.

Paul sorry to hear about your misfortune but brighter days are ahead im sure.

Rovin I hope you enjoy that wii. The idea of exercise is good but I for one would rather get that in the gym like I do than get it playing a game.

Steve Hey there. Not much just looking forward to doing a lot of deadening to my car. I have 240 feet of it.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 759
^Haha, I toook some measurements and it will be TIGHT in the factory battery tray. But it will fit under the hood somehow... Im determined to have a 2400 for a front batt!

The factory air box might get the axe though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15304
^^^just make sure d poles dont ground off on d hood since u know what will happen

well im not really into gaming like how i used to but i just used d opportunity of my bro coming down to get a new system - was supposed to get a 360 as well but he only thought i wanted 1 system - damnit , but at least i got 1 , im lazy to get off my b\utt to play any game that requires it but main game im really looking 4ward 2 getting is SUPER MARIO GALAXY since last time i played any mario game was on d SNES

i wish they revive d DONKEY KONG COUNTRY series which they had on d SNES - that game was d koolest thing back in those days ......

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5013
Rovin,

Just wondering what you think a good box size would be for a 15 type r. Im doing one for a customer and since you have experimented with different sizes i thought i would ask. Its ported. I was thinking 3.5 @ 35hz?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15308
havent worked with a 15" R as yet though a customer of mine ordered 1 about 2 mths & he havent received it as yet

u shud run d specs to c what u get but with my experience most 15s like a 4cuft box to really hit those killer lows

3.5 shud be decent if ur pressed for space ....

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5015
yea, i was thinkin 4cubes. they rec. 3.0cubes max which i thought sounded a little small..

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23377
paul i got a ticket for using a cell phone too. mine came out to $180. the funny thing about mine was that the phone was in my pocket the whole time. i was biting my nails and the cop thought i was using the phone. ima fight it.

wassup everyone. hope everyone is doing good.:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20869
I'm an honest fellow Chad. Even though I wasn't talking on it I WAS using it. It does distract so I have to be humble about it. Your case is different. Sadly you will probably lose though. Anytime when it's your word against a cops'........you know.

It just burns me now every time I pass a cop on HIS cell. They are so immune to the very laws they enforce it makes me sick.

Fight it for your own reasons Chad. It DOES make a difference.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11906
Hey whats up Chad? Doing good here. You going to stick around for a while again?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15309
yeh chad come back on d forum man - good to c old regulars back on here ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23378
i am doing fine guys. everything is well considering the way the world is going. lol. naw but seriously i am fine.

i want to get back in to the audio scene but my passion is just gone. i still need bass but not extreme bass. as far as coming back to the forum, i will post more often in this section. i do occasionally read the sub section but its just not the same.

paul, i plan on printing out my phone records for that time and date and taking it to the judge. hopefully i can win. i am mainly hoping the highway patrol officer don't show up. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15313
seems ur going thru a phase like i did - loud is nice but so impractical & that booming gets old & tired to ur ears fast

after that dd9512 last yr which i didnt keep & hardly played i realise how it just doesnt make sense , went 2 10s RE SE sealed for over a yr which 1 only recently changed to just 1 12 IDmax which was something i always wanted - if u port this u honestly dont another change in a hurry ,plenty of loudness with all d SQ too ...im running it sealed

alot of ppl dont realise right away but u dont need to boom to enjoy music...

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5025
^^^ yea rovin a agree. I know what your going through too chad, i kinda went through the same thing and stopped visiting the forum and went out of audio for a lil while but its nice to be back.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23382
yeah hopefully i will be around again for a bit.

btw i was just downloading robert miles cd and the damn torrent stopped when it was at 99.5%. this just pisses me off. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15318
chad i finally got high speed net earlier this yr & i dl a ton of older stuff i like ...u know the kind of 80s & b4 i used to tell u about ...& now that its old u get full collections of greatest hits from these artists

i also dl movies & only a few days ago i got a HDMI to HDMI cable so i just plug my laptop to d 40" widescreen sony i bought back in december & look at some of those older & current released movies ...aint technology gr8 !

i get most of it from mininova\piratebay\demonoid......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23383
nice rovin. welcome to the high speed internet world. lol.

also mad props on the 40 inch tv.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15319
thanks - it was time that i finally stepped up

im thinking next yr to get a vehicle that is more loaded ... i still love my ride but it does not have much luxury features & its approaching 6yrs that i have it...

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3999
What's up Chad! Good to see you posting....I dunno what else to say lol. This forum is boring.... CACO is a pretty nice forum.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20874
Your phone records will help prove you weren't taking a call or texting but at least in Jersey you're not even allowed to hold your phone. The law is cell phone "use". That could mean taking a pic, checking messages, looking up someone's number, ect. The cop flat out told me there was NOTHING I could do about it. It's all about revenue. If EVERY phone today was a hands free phone then the law would change to insure the states' income.

Think about it. Back in the day car phones were all wired. I had one. They were the rage for a couple years. They also were legal to use because the percentage of the public who had them at the time didn't justify a law against it. Now that everyone and their pets has a cell phone what better opportunity to cash in?

In the future when all your calls will be through your cars' speakers the police will be issuing tickets for "mouth moving" while driving.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23384
well paul i am mainly hoping the highway patrol officer don't show up to court. i am gonna get an extension on the court date so i can drag this a bit longer lol.

steve, you know i couldn't leave you guys. you guys are the best. you guys complete me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23385
pic of my car. its the last time you will see it black. its going in for paint next month. got tired of black so i am gonna paint it white. lexus pearl white that is. lol.

photograph taken by a friend. i can take rolling shots too btw.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20877
Wow. Nice pic.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 761
Wassup Chad! Haven't seen you around in some time. I was just about to ask if there was anything new with your Accord then I seen your last post, very nice pic!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23387
thanks guys. nothing really new. after i get the new paint job next month, ima work on a sick install in the trunk for a single 10 with the amp mounted on a false floor. then i need to take my car in to a shop to have the doors done so it looks good. gotta get ready for car shows next year. also going for a sick sq sound.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15320
sounds good man & im sure ur car will apear cleaner & cooler with white than black

here is a inspiration for ur next install : http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/

that guy does simple looking yet AWESOME installs .....

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 766
Hey Chad I remember from a while back something about you doing 150ish in your car. Share a little info?

I remember this was around when I first joined E so I could be mistaken, if so please ignore.

Thanks man.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10515
dudes....:-)

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 768
^What up dude?!?!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Yeah I just got back from the bar (they have great wings).

Im drunk, my bad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23390
wicked, it was a pair of btl's on a couple of memphis 4kw. it seems like ages ago. lol.

i hope you didn't drive after drinking.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 769
^Nice! Was everything in the trunk? Im hoping to upgrading my substage sometime soon but I dont think I can get anymore airspace outta my trunk.

2 4kws in an Accord?!?!?!.......wish i could have heard that man!Upload

Oh, I drove there but I let my room mate drive us back. Even tho sometimes I think I could still drive better than her even with two pitchers of beer in me.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11928
Hey Chad did you see im going to be building a wall with 8 phoenix gold rsd 12's in my 1995 ford taurus gl. I also got some diamond hex components and 3 kinetic 1800's for in the back and I have one under the hood. Ill be running the subs off of a sundown 3500.1 and the components off of a phoenix gold xenon 200.4. I know my battery bank is a bit much but I was planning on running 5k not 2800 watts. Which is all my 8 12's will need. I also got a backup camera system.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23391
wicked, i took out the backseat and put it there. lol.

damn sean that thing is going to be a monster. you guys doing it big now.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11932
Yup I decided I wanted it loud and didnt care about classification. I also have 240 ft of edead deadener to put in. My bro has two lvl 4 dc sound 15's in his Cherokee doing a 152.3 in a daily setup with 8k. It would be sweet if I could beat him.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4007
Damn Chad you sure you wanna get it painted white? I think it looks great as it is.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23392
steve, in a well shot photograph, the black will always look good. but unfortunately you see all kinds of imperfections in the daytime and not to mention you see every spec of dust almost. white is a color that looks good day or night. yes its not as classy as black in the night time but during the day it looks much better that black does. that is unless you polish the sh!t out of your black car everyday. lol.

sean, damn dude you are gonna pop something in your ear. lol. have fun with it though. can't wait to see some pics of your progress.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11944
We havent started yet but my bro just said the 29th of this month is when he would like to have it done. Ill wear hearing protection when i crank it but as far as daily ill be sensible. There's a change in my install im going to run my rainbow kraftworks 2 channel to my diamond hex components. Oh and i have a 240 amp alternator in to back things up too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us