Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14969
bout time we got a new thread ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14970
sean those specs look decent but i been told those new model premiers dont sound as good as d former model , looking at its "highish" Fs of 33hz compared to the former 3002\3004 model whose Fs was 26hz i can guess y

never was really a headphone person since i dont like that on my head & i like big speakers lol ...but i can understand ppl alseep & u dont want to bother them ...have hear some BOSE in a store & they seem to sound good to me but then again i havent listened to other brands

sup charlie - keep strong bro ...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20440
Rovin, I too had that notion about headphones. I thought they were only for the quiet type. As long as you're listening to a clean source on a decent headset you WILL hear things you didn't before. Listen to a track dedicated to headphones and you will see/hear what I mean. Room/car acoustics are removed and you hear MORE of the original recording. You just can't hear the phone ringing but screw all those telemarketers lol.

It's a different world. It really is.

I have a track from Culture Beat named "Got to get it" in a remixed version. I swear to you on my children if you listen to this track wearing headphones you will be looking around you when the song is playing because you think the sounds are real. It also projects a sense in the "Z" axis.

Let me explain. In a stereo environment you hear things in a left to right orientation. One speaker on each side giving you the sense of balance.

Well some tracks are designed with encoded signals to give you the sense of sound coming from not only left or right but up and down. Best experienced when listening with headphones. I don't know the technical jargon for it like Brad would know but I'm telling you IT IS AMAZING.

I come from techno/trance music. That genre is laced with it. It simply is just a different experience.

One I've felt with a buzz in the dark too many times my friend lololol.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2677
Muddy, it's a 250 amp alternator and does 150 at idle.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11428
nice alt there snow

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10473
yeah, the right pair of headphones with a good source material will ALWAYS sound better than any other kind of audio you can listen to because they are unadultered sound right to your ear. no distractions, no deviations, no acoustic barriers or restrictions.

Sennhieser makes a pair of headphones that are made to be ran on a dedicated amp and they are said to be some of the nicest, most realistic replication of sound that a pair of 'phones can make. They are also $1,400.

Sennheiser also makes a pair called the HE90 Orpheus that comes with a tube amp i beleive and it is around $15,000 USD.

Another company called Stax makes a headphone/tube amp combo for i think around the same price called the Omega 2's.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14979
well last wk i had my bro order a ho alt from these ppl

http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/

its a ford 3g model

since they were d only ppl who had any to fit my engine without any mods - its a 200A , i wanted at least a 250 but this was d only choice i had ...been using my stock 80A alt d time

it was ordered last wk wed & arrived by my bro's on monday

- my bro emailed me some actual pix of it (weights about 10 Lbs he said)
Upload
Upload
Upload

its supposed to leave FL this wk & i shud get it in 2 wks time

2 wks ago i upgraded d 2yr old optima d34 batt (AH is 55) in my engine bay to a bigger XS Power D3100 (AH is 117)

in upcoming wks im also going to replace those 2 big optima D31 yellowtop (AH is a lame 75) in my trunk to 2 more XS D3100 ...both batts r about d same size but d XS is heavier & better

time to get my electrical system in order ....

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2684
true that. so do I Rovin. lol. The alt actually looks pretty nice. How much did it cost you?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11429
Good choice with the powermaster d 3100 Rovin. Congrats on the alt as well.

dtbrown
Member # 11573

" Myself and two other competitors test powermaster 2700 and 3100 vs odyssey 1700, 1750 and NSB g2700, G3100. And the powermaster 2700 wasn't as strong as the 1700 or NSB g2700 but the PM 3100 tested to be the same as NSB G3100. We believe the test were fair with equal. But that is our test and you should test for yourself.

Powermaster 2700 is a great music battery for sure. As for spl that is still debatable. You'll spend some extra money on stinger, odyssey, NSB but they're proven batteries over the years so you couldn't go wrong."

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11430
Im thinking about getting a northstar g2700 for underhood since im limited to 650 inches of battery.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10474
what kind of voltage will you do at idle/above idle?

i remember when i first got mine, it was doing 14v at idle and 15.7-15.9 above idle. i said

not safe for stuff in your car when you start getting that high. so i called and ordered a replacement voltage regulator from the guy that did like 14 above idle.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11431
When i had my stock alt in my voltage at idle was 13.8 volts but with the new alt 240 amp it was 14.38 without the big three done. Looks like i should install my stinger volt meter and see where things are above idle.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2689
Hey sean, I was looking at that Northstar battery also. You know of any places that sell them for a decent price?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11433
Actually mine was from a friend. And it wasnt the g2700 it was the g2400

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14980
my alt cost us$325 + s\h which my bro didnt tell me as yet but it cant be much since d company & my bro r both in FL a couple hundred miles apart

d reason i chose d XS is because of its high AH & a 3yr warranty i got from d authorized dealer in my country , kinetik & oddessy wasnt giving that much warranty & besides i notice most big projects online ppl r using XS

when i did d big 3 i got 14.4v from my stock 80A alt without music playing

if i play LOUDLY it drops to 12v after about 1\2 hr with d 1 small & 2 big optima set ....i havent played loudly with d XS added upfront as yet ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11434
Snow something else I thought of if you want a good daily battery than there are others that are cheaper than the nsb like the kinetik 2000. I was looking at the northstar for spl reasons not mainly daily use. Spl is the reason for the comparison of the other batteries in that quote. Heres the cheapest kinetik 2000 I could find and at over 100 ah its sufficient.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LUDEPW

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2695
How would you compare that to a Powermaster D2700? Pretty similiar in power or what? I'm only going to be running about 2,000 watts and just need to replace my starter battery up front, then maybe later when I start running more power, I'll add a HC2400 in the back.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11437
The d2700 has more maxamps at 2500 vs the kinetik 2000's 2250. I personally dont feel the d2700 is worth $50 more for a tad more max amps. You can run a 2400 kinetik for the price of the 2700d in the back and have 126 ah and 2600 max amps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LUDEQ6

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2702
nah, I just need a new replacement starter battery. I think I'll go with the Kinetik then sometime in the future upgrade to the HC2400 in the back. Should be a decent electrical.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11446
Sounds like a plan.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11452
Well guys I just bought myself a new surround sound receiver since my old one doesnt work right anymore. The new receiver is a denon 1609 not a bad buy for $179 shipped.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2713
denon is a pretty solid brand.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11456
I ended up cancelling the order for the denon. My cousin had an older 5.1 onkyo that i Picked up from him for 50 dollars instead. Dont buy the newer onkyo receivers they stink compared to the old lines.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15020
u saved a bunch of $ there & not with geiko ......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11465
Im getting a pair of athena ls 300s to go with the new receiver.

http://www.athenaspeakers.com/products/ls-300-specifications/

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10480
god damnit i love workin out.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20506
You love the rush don't you? It's an adrenaline thing.

Something like just after shootin' a load.

You're just at peace with the world for exactly that minute lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20524
Anyone home?

God we need to spice this place up!!!

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 607
Whats up guys! How is everyone? Thats right, invading ur secret threadz!!!Upload

Just got off work, so im goin to bed now.

Peace.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15039
^^^wassup man

yeh at 1 time there were about 15 of us posting here but i guess some ppl move on ...

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2788
im hurrr.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11447
What's going on fellas? Haven't talked to some of you in a while. How's life on your guys' end going?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20537
I'm having trouble with my boy yanks at baseball. He has a "confidence" problem. He loves the game, only when it goes his way. When he makes a mistake he takes it so personally that it wrecks himself the rest of the game though.

If he strikes out at bat he's done for the game (emotionally). I tried telling him that the best baseball players in the world fail 7 out of 10 times at bat but it does him little good. He wants to be the superstar at every at bat.

He's a very sensitive child.

Baseball has a tendency to show that in kids.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11469
Prayer does wonders Paul. Im not sure where you stand there but ill pray for the whole family either way. I say all of you because you all can have an impact.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15042
well u gotta have some more chats with him

hey guys i recently got a alpine pdx 2.150 (havent hooked it up as yet) & im going to get a 1.1000 monoblock to it in a few wks time ...just love how small they r ....today i got word of a shelf display 1 12" idmax at a decent price so im looking into that ...SQ FTW ! ...

...oh btw i also recently got that 200A from springhill & i installed it myself on tues ... constantly seeing 14.4 \ 14.5v now on idle - havent played really loudly to see what will happen as yet but it shud be cool.......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11473
Sounds good Rovin. I got my stinger volt meter installed and i get 14.0 to 14.2 on a fresh start of the motor over night but later ive seen it drop as low as 13.6 on a warm restart all with no stereo on. I want to get it up to 14.4 steady but bro says that part would be illegal for street stock. Im not so sure so im going to check into it. Hopefully its not too expensive. Also im alllowed to use unlimited capacitor so when were ready to do spl testing were gonna see if it can help improve the score using a friends 5 farad with my mtx 81000d on the dd 1515.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11451
That's too bad Paul. I'm sure he'll come around bud. Just keep reassuring him that hes doing good. Maybe he will keep practicing and try to get better and better and become a great player because of it though. The cup's always half full for me lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11474
I found out i can have up to 16 volts so that adjustable voltage regulator could be of some use. I can mod my mtx 81000d so it accepts more voltage and a lower ohm load if i should need it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11479
scratch that no modding of amps.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 618
***Caution***

Rant

So I went over to a friend's house to help him work on his car. He lives a good bit out of town so when I go over there I usually have the system up. Well today I hadn't been there two minutes when a car flies by, slams on the brakes, backs up and pulls in the driveway. A lady gets out, looks around and points to my car and asks who drives it. I say I do. She then tells me that I need to keep my stereo turned down because her daughter has a pacemaker and that the bass causes the pacemaker to stop. WTF?!?!?! When I left I seen the house her car was parked at, her house is almost 200ft off the road. I swear some people just like to b!tch about anything they can. My stereo isn't even that loud. fml...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11504
Well I got my athenas and i must say they are built to stay under control at all times. While the bass isnt the strongest. I believe its because they need the upper end of their 200 rms rating to shine. Im giving them 100 rms a channel right now. For a speaker that has one 6.5 and a tweeter they certainly hold their own and id bet they would shine much more with another 100 watts each.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11549
hello is anyone there?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11457
Here :-)

Just got back from the beach, excuse my absence lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15066
im around

going to a demo thing tomorrow with some SQ cars...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20586
I'm floating around as well. Been busy. Son's baseball and selling stuff and all......

I see our man Canaan hit above 160.

Just dropped some coin on a helluva deal on some great knives. I now have over 12 Gs of product in my inventory.

Play hard or stay home right????

Hey I saw Jesse in the OT section the other night.

Speak up son and let us know how you're doing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11568
Ive been in the home audio section lately guy's. I bought a new integrated amp by nad 150 x 2 and some Wharfedale Evolution2-10's and some 24" speaker stands.

http://www.tsto.com/cgi-bin/TSTO.storefront/4a2b265600a5f2a02740ac100341061b/Pro duct/View/2870&2D3

And a nad 545bee cd player

Ill probably be selling the athena's.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15068
sup sean

whats yall opinion on this

well i got a alpine pdx 2.150 a few wks ago & havent installed it as yet & im getting a 1.1000 monoblock as well this monday night when my bros flies in

have my 2 10s RE SE for about almost a yr & for my next bassline i wanted to go with 2 JL 13w3 sealed which cost about us$460 here BUT in a store i saw a shelf display 12" IDmax which has been sitting there i think about 10mths ...usual price is about us$400 but they offered me it for us$285 .....question is : its about 6 feet away from a window but it doesnt get direct sunlight : do u think natural light will affect its materials or is it treated & UV rays wont matter ? ...wud hate to buy it & suspension or cone fail on me after a few wks ....or shud i get d JLs combo instead

if its 2 brands i always wanted is a IDmax & something with a low Fs from JL ...

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 640
Whats up guys! Lately I've just been working my 3rd shift job and sleeping alot. Recently they have been having me watch a door all night and it is boring as hell!!!

It's enough to make you lose your mind!

So last night I built my very own gaurd shack out of some boxes!
Upload

Gotta have a sign.
Upload

Storage for all the important stuff.
Upload

My new assistant.
Upload

Nothin' is gettin by me!
Upload

Figured somebody would get a kick out of it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20588

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11458
Rofl. That's awesome Wicked.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15069
u got aot of sparetime there ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11583
Haha he sure does.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 644
Haha, yeah I got a whole lot of free time at that job!

Somebody had taken down the super cool gaurd shack by the time I had gotten there last night. I was pissed.

<21 today!UploadUpload

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2823
man is E down a lot lately. Such a shi*ty site.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10483
that's fukkin priceless wicked!!!!!!
:-):-):-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15075
y is it ppl who r already on E makes their own forum & want ppl to join - what sense does that make

since its d same ppl here who will be on there

im not gonna bother ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20598
I joined. Main reason is to get my webstore's addy circulating any way I can. E doesn't allow cigs so.......

I'm with ya Rovin......E for life.

We ALL have other places we visit though.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23327
sup guys. how's everyone doing? good i hope.

anyways check out this thread. its pretty entertaining.

the thief gets pwned.

http://tsxclub.com/forums/canada-east/35879-warning-help-all-members.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15078
heeeeeeey sup chad - what u running these days man ?

seems like nobody noticed my posts just above wickedbass post ......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23339
not much rovin. just chillin. working and stuff. kinda taking a break from modding my car too. lol.

sorry i didn't go through the whole thread so i didn't read yours. i will now. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11609
"but it doesnt get direct sunlight : do u think natural light will affect its materials or is it treated & UV rays wont matter ?"

Rovin....The main thing is direct sunlight and you said it isnt getting it direct so it should be just fine. Even if it had been direct i think thats only certain subs like a jl.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15079
cool - thanks

well i talked to d ppl today telling them how long they had it sitting there & now they r letting me have it from $285 down to $238 so im def getting it , already told them to keep it 4 me & im going for it on friday ....12" IDmax baby here i come - always wanted 1 of these 20hz Fs subs ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11615
Cool a good purchase made even better. Be sure to fill us in on how the speaker performs real world.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15081
have u guys heard 1 b4 ?

honestly i never even heard 1 but reading reviews , what ppl say & checking d T\S specs thats gotta be my thing

i never liked high freq bass & i really dont want my lpf going above 60hz - right now with my 2 10s SE sealed i have it set to 50hz ...when those low notes hits ur body man from that region go down is heaven...never tuned any of my basslines higher than 38hz & that was because of d dd9512 i had

i may have to port this to get it as loud as d 10s but i will also do a sealed box to hear what it does ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11617
Ive never heard one in person but Jonathon said it was very nice

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11618
By the way I heard the original jl w3 in my car and i wasnt very impressed with that speaker so if the new w3's arent leaps and bounds better id skip them.

Silver Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 652
^The original w3 was one of the worst speakers JL has ever made. I don't know about leaps and bounds but the w3v3s are very nice. The first sub I ever owned was a 13w3v3 and I loved it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15082
wud have loved d 2 13w3 too but this 1 12 idmax is costing me exactly 1\2 ...looking 4ward 2 getting it tomorrow - will def post some pix up .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11620
From what ive heard im willing to bet the idmax 12 will beat the 13w3's.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23353
man posting on this forum again is making me want to get a system again.

i think ima go for a sick azz sq system.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23357
oh and i need to put some distance between paul and me in terms of post counts. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20612
Bring it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23365
feels good to be a diamond member doesn't it paul? lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15092
wow u been gone a while yet ur post count remains at a high level

hey guys i did get d 12" IDmax 2day

i dropped it in my old 3cuft dd 9512 box which has 2 4" aeros tuned to 38hz

even with a high tuned box like that it drops pretty low & d sub only moves about 1\2" max

sorry i didnt take any pix since i was anxious to test it out

will leave it in that box for about 2wks to break it in

doesnt drop as low as my 2 10s sealed RE SE 10s but its in a 38hz ported box _ sounds louder than my 2 10s though

with some songs like put on , late night tip , white girl u sometimes cant breathe & it did make my deck skip a few times

so when it breaks in & i try it in a sealed box or even a 30hz tuned box man it shud be much sweeter ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20614
It has it's ups and downs. Sometimes I get caught up with all the other things in life and yet I still feel the need to check up on this place out of some sort of strange devotion lol. If I go one day without posting it feels like I forgot to feed the cat or pay a bill. I have so much going on right now with my son's baseball, knife business, running a house, full time job and such that if I stray away to tend to other plants I feel I'm letting another die.

You know how it is.

On a side note if I get any bigger on my knife inventory I might need a separate out building to store them all. Nothing fancy. Just a weather tight lockable shed or small garage with power.

This pic doesn't even show some boxes of bowie knives and such I don't have room on the shelves for. The many blue boxes you see on the middle shelves are the knives I recently purchased. I simply couldn't pass up the deal I got. 300 added to several hundred on hand. I don't want to stay where I am. I want to keep getting bigger. I looked into getting my vendor's license but haven't taken the plunge yet. My accountant isn't worried yet. I'm not that big right now. Maybe a grand a month in sales? Small fry so to speak.

I like fries.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3873
That's awesome, Paul. I still haven't bought anything from you yet. Dunno if I should, with that bad experience I had with a knife 2 summers ago lol.

Here's a pic:
Upload
Nicky V added the dramatic effects lol

Anywho, what's been going on guys? I forgot about the secret section for a while :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20622
Well I'd "cut" ya a great deal if ya ever needed one. As far as shying away from anything once bit..........

My first motorcycle accident didn't scare me away from them, it gave me the opportunity to learn from it and buy my next one.

The countless scars I have from incidents with power tools taught me worlds also. When I almost cut my thumb off with my bandsaw it was awkward the next time I needed to use it. (Saw not thumb).

If I were to visit my parents basement and look directly above where my first table saw was I bet I could still see the faded blood splatters on the ceiling from when I (ignorantly) reached around the back of the moving blade to grab the piece of wood and naturally the saw pulled my hand into it. I have no thumb print on my left hand because of it. I'll tell ya though when my hand got thrown around back of me after contact, that instant I was scared sh1tless to look down and see........whatever I was going to see.

The sh1t happens.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11646
Now imagine a guy like me whose balance isnt the best....thats why i quit using my brothers table saw....besides having wood come back and smack me in the stomach a few times

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15108
^^that happened to me 1 or 2 times - lazy me didnt use d fence & pushing guides

time 4 somebody 2 make a new thread .....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20625
So let it be written, so let it be done....................

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1180
ouuuu secret section!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20706
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video