Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18415
Too many hot girl pics!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2777
So Paul, why didn't you just tell the guy you had it clearly stated that you were not shipping to Hawaii or Alaska?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18419
Well I got more for it than my "buy it now price" and it was only an extra $10 to ship. And everyone knows how nice of a guy I am.........

What burned me is that I didn't see the "hold payment" policy until AFTER the transaction was completed.

I'm not THAT bent out of shape about it now though. I mean, I paid an extra $10 to have a 20lb package delivered 4958 miles using priority 3 day mail. Jersey to Hawaii. Try getting that out of Fedex or UPS.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2788
That's nice of you.:-) Considering that it's only 10 dollars more, I guess it's not too bad.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10590
Well guys I ordered two of these so I will be running three since I already own one in the back deck. I plan on porting them to 35 hz in 1.80 cf net.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-832&CFID=15399614&CFTOKEN=89102259

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14193
nice econo stuff there sean

well yesterday i went to a iasca sanctioned event & came out 1st in stock pro 1 ...149.3 ... my same ol box which has about 35 screw holds in it which i duct taped d holes & still made a good score ...also i entered my spl sub\box into a music comp & got a trophy for overall balanced sound ....so i got me 2 trophies on a single day ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10595
Thanks. Im going to run them for daily and keep my trunk space. The box should fit under the deck. I just hope its not a big hassle to cut my back deck. As for your box and the bunch of holes it sounds like my brothers old spl box. What was the result with the other box?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14197
well i only tried out 1 other slot port box tuned 51hz to match what my car freq is but it was about 3dbs less so i soon learnt i had to use a tuning about 4-5hz less which my old box still uses ....will experiment with more box designs later ...

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10419
I didn't want to post this publicly but check this out......
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=305055

Disappointing if its trueUpload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18459
Wow. Mia for a month is suspicious.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4514
wow that sux but remember guys when i bought my box from him it took almost 3 xtra wks. and he cam eup with all kinds of excuses. So i will officially never do any business with him ever again.

oh and mark potts he took 6 months xtra lol but that was expected.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10424
I don't know if I will now or not. I was going to have him build my box for the RL-S in the same design as the Mag box but not anymore, assuming he doesn't come on and clean things up.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10429
Interesting
http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18472

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2808
Damn. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that. What would you say to him if you talk to him again, Yanks?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4515
mhhh very weird but what can you do. I dont know when i talked to him on the phone he didnt sound as though he was in great health i hope all is well.

But guys on a happier note im going camping tomorrow. Hell yea can't wait to go. Bought a bunch of beer today including shipyard pumpkin ale if you like pumpkin ale this is the best. Cant wait gonna be a drink fest with the family always a good time and of course the beer for beer pong. were gonna teach my dad how to play lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18475
Sounds awesome Charlie. I'm looking forward to the camping scene myself with my kids. My hitch is getting installed Monday. Next year we break out the rv.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10436
"Damn. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that. What would you say to him if you talk to him again, Yanks?"

Depends on what you mean by "talk with him."
If I saw him at a meet or something, I would ask him one on one what the hell happened.....expecting to hear "I just got too busy etc."

If I wanted a box built by him, I would make sure he knew that I would be paying for it in cash when we met up. I would not paypal him any money up front for it.

Honestly, I probably won't do business with him or recommend him every again to anyone. And its sad because he always made great boxes.....but who knows what will happen.

I really want to take the design he made for me and ask Fisher to make the box because I love that design. But I would feel bad since Phil came up with the design and measurements for it (which I have access to).

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3360
I feel ya 100% Yanks. I wish we could get the full story on this... Anyone have more info????

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4516
ya paul camping is the best i love it.

i wish i had more info on this seems kinda sketchy

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18486
I don't know anything about his dealings/business but when your pride takes a blow some ppl just bow out without much if any explanation. Could be the troubled financial America taking it's toll, could be bad health, you just don't know. If you take money from someone though and stake your rep over an order you better at least keep in touch. Without communication it leaves the rest thinking the worst. He's no Mark Potts I'll say that. That spider had the balls to come back and shrug off his bad business deals and actually try it again, as if we would say "sure".

There's a story about it I'm sure and it's up to him to tell it if he wishes.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10439
All I know is that in my talking with him, I got the sense he is, for lack of a better word, forgetful. He was never real timely with his emails but I was never in a hurry so I pushed it aside. I do hope he comes out and explains what happened and try to clear his name.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18491
I can't vouch for many members on E due to the extreme differences in geography and circumstances they may be under. To each their own. To the members of this little circle we have I assume the highest respect for each of you guys. You know who you are. I don't have to list names but you all know who you can trust. (That means you too Brad). <<<Infrequent poster.

Bottom line is your name is who you are. Ppl see that.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10443
Well since Paul just brought us all together with a warm post, I'll take this time and ask everyone something.

Who is down for another Secret Santa this Christmas? Brad, Berny, and I discussed it in chat a few weeks back. We are planning on upping the ante, so to speak, to like a $50 minimum. We also will only be accepting REAL regulars....obviously all of us but also a few others who aren't in this little circle. Before I post more, who all would be interested? I'll make the official thread later this month probably.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18495
You have another circle???

Ouch, our feelings are hurt lol.

What have we all been missing???

I don't care. I'm here for fun remember?

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10445
I don't have another circle Paul lol. To be honest Paul, I forget who all knows about this little area here lol. But some people that come to mind that are regulars who don't post in here (they might and I am just an idiot lol) are Loudon, Phil, and probably one or two others if I think hard enough lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4354
Secret santa ftmfw. I just need to know a little about the person that I'll be sending to. It's going to be a good year.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18498
Well I need the next year to be better than this one I can tell ya that. They've cut back at work so my overtime has been slashed. My 401k took a nose dive due to the market and my ex has been "borrowing" money from me and can't pay it back. For instance last week she needed $200 to "take care of something" and that she would pay me back on Friday. Never happened.

Then today I just got a hospital bill for $50. My son got stung on the lip last week by some sort of bug/bee. He was at my ex's and she took him to the emergency room because his lip swelled up. Apparently she didn't have the $50 for the emergency room co-pay so they decided to bill me. Mind you I already pay for both my kids' health care insurance. Not cheap. Now I have to fork out extra $ for this?

Yes Pauly is a sucker. Yes Pauly won't say anything.

Mind you Pauly isn't rich.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4579
Told ya Phil was a fäg. Didn't take long to realize that from most of his posts and when he came into chat one night.

Oh and... you guys are spamming fuckwads

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18511
Yuuuuup.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4517
hey guys back from camping. Best thing about it was the wife who is more of a indoors type person loved it and cant wait to go back nxt yr. It was chilly outside though all i have to say lol.

ya guys ill b down for secret santa i just hope i get a present sense I was paired with the doktah 2 yrs ago and i never go anything kind of sucked.

paul i hope the market goes back up and ur 401k booms once again sux for the older people in the country but in a way its good for younger kids in the early 20's cause it will rebound at the right time for us.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10449
I don't think we have to worry about someone not sending their gift this year Charlie. This time I will make sure that only real regulars whom we all trust are in it.....although the Dok was a real regular :-(

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10451
Also to follow up with Phil. Turns out he did send a refund back to the guy in that thread. I guess he got too busy or something.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18515
A little heads up to those looking to make some extra $$ this Xmas season. The hottest item this year will be the Wii fit bundle. If you find them in stores buy every one they have. Seriously. They retail for $89 and are right now going on Ebay for $140 and up. No store lists them in stock. Last year I waited too long to buy up the Wii consoles when I did and made a profit but not as much as I could have if I only bought in earlier. The Wii fit is sold out online everywhere at $89. Like I said, if you find one locally snatch it up. I've found three so far after a long hard search at $130 shipped and will take every one I can at that price. Closer to Xmas these will push $200. I even saw one at $519 on Amazon!!!!

I'll keep one for my kids and sell the rest. Like last year. Actually two.

I sold one Wii for $500 alone.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18525
Picked up 12 Wii fits today. Got a good deal too! In a month and a half Pauly should be making $50-$75+ profit/ea at least on Ebay. Should help offset the Xmas burden.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18526
LOL.

Oh sweet jesus does every married/attached man in America need to get a Wii fit. If only for the view lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18527
THAT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18528
I wish.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4518
lol nice im gonna go check out some stores paul maybe ill keep one for me and the wife

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14224
smart move there pauly ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10636
Well guys I ordered a phoenix gold 6 channel line driver. I have four volts out right now so well see if it makes any improvement.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14240
^not a bad choice few wks ago i bought a audio control matrix & its kixs azz , signal strength super strong so no gain at all + u even have to back down d dial level on it

hey a bud of mine bought 1 of these by me today http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/SPL/TS- W5000SPL?tab=B

& we ran it off 2 strapped sundown 1500d amps in d box i had my 9512 in which has 2 4" aeroports tuned to 38hz we only out 2 screws on it & had it fifng upwards in his suzuki vitara...this fackin thing is AMAZING !!! SUPER LOUD hits u outside d car in ur chest & gut ....seriously that dd has nothing on it besides maybe a tad more sq ...baddest 12" i ever got to play with ...only thing i heard close is eclpise titanium 12" ...no wonder these is what made d world record a while ago ......he is going to make a daily use box for it tuned around 38hz so when he is done we gotta meter that thing ......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14241
oh & not to mention but its def d heaviest 12" i been around ...i didnt want to strain my self lifting it but i heft it a bit & its like lead ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10640
"hey a bud of mine bought 1 of these by me today http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/SPL/TS- W5000SPL?tab=B

& we ran it off 2 strapped sundown 1500d amps in d box i had my 9512 in which has 2 4" aeroports tuned to 38hz we only out 2 screws on it & had it fifng upwards in his suzuki vitara...this fackin thing is AMAZING !!! SUPER LOUD hits u outside d car in ur chest & gut ....seriously that dd has nothing on it besides maybe a tad more sq ...baddest 12" i ever got to play with ...only thing i heard close is eclpise titanium 12" ...no wonder these is what made d world record a while ago ......he is going to make a daily use box for it tuned around 38hz so when he is done we gotta meter that thing ......"

Nice. Saying its louder than your 9512 is saying something. Of course two 1500 d's is alot of power and its a different vehicle but impressive none the less.

"not a bad choice few wks ago i bought a audio control matrix & its kixs azz , signal strength super strong so no gain at all + u even have to back down d dial level on it"

I looked at the audio control stuff but they cost a lot more than the pg line driver I got. I figured it would help the sq a tad and maybe spl. It cost me 63 bucks and change with a warranty not too bad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14243
got another bud who has his 9512 on a 3k atomic amp in a sedan though & this def beats that too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10642
Nice. I look forward to hearing what the spl reading will be with the pioneer.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22577
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14252
^sup son - whats d latest with u ...

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22580
not much rovin. i am just taking a break from car audio. i got my car fixed up to a point i am happy.

with that said, lets see how long it lasts.

you on the other hand are having a lot of fun i see rovin. lol. even though it don't look like it, i've been reading the forum alot. just haven't been posting that's all.:-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4525
hey guys went to the bruins game last night for a bachlor party. drank way to much. not feeling so hot now. I hate hangovers worse than being sick since you caused it lol

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2883
Doesn't look like the secret section is getting any action anymore:-(. lol

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10519
Pretty slow these days :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18661
Yuuuup. Upload

Wuzzup with the "Wolfman" posting that bs?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2888
Ha I dunno. I think alot of people knew it was him though.

I can't believe how boring this forum is becoming. There's like one new post every hour...Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18667
Trying earlier in the year. People are really needy this time around.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/zip/894810306.html

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10528
Thats awesome that you do that Paul. I hope that you doing that can encourage other people to do that as well.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18669
You wouldn't believe the response this year Yanks. Times really are tough. I had to post this response:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/zip/895902050.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10680
Thats a kind thing your doing there Paul. Well guys I just ordered my new head unit. Its the eclipse cd 3100.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10535
Paul, how much does each turkey cost you if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to donate a little bit of money your way for the cause if you are willing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18673
Yanks I don't know this yet. I haven't even bought my first turkey yet. I'm glad I'm getting the response I am getting though. I've had various offers of canned goods and such. It's awesome!

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10539
Good news guys. I got "promoted" today :-)

I'm moving from the cart cleaner kid making $6.55 an hour to Pro Shop guy making $7.50 an hour. Much much easier work in the Pro Shop and I get to watch TV all day :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18677
Holy crap Batman is that an increase!!

I wish I got a 14% raise!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10690
Sounds good Yanks fan. Easier and more money congrats.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4558
hey can u get me a deal on some callaways lol jk congrats john.

and paul every yr my fiances mom gives away hundreds of dollars of clothes and toys at christmas time but she actually mails them to the family's she hates all the work but loves the satisfaction of doing it. I commend you for all your work and I hope you believe in Karma cause your a great guy. Hope I get to meet you someday

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10691
My grandpa gets all the golf balls he needs. Let me know if you guys are interested in some.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10555
Charlie, I can get you any balls you want/need. As for clubs, well thats a stretch lol.

Sean, where does he get them from?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10692
He sold some land to a place to develop a golf course and its right out back of his home. So he goes out in the field and picks them up. I think he said he sells them back to the golf course but for way too cheap if I remember correctly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14294
hey i was in a shop today & got a good look at a RE MT 10" - that is d most amazing 10 i have ever seen , triple stacked magnets & weighs about 50 lbs ...guy said he used 1 already & it takes out a DD9510 - i dont doubt him at all ...too bad i didnt have my cam with me ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18701
A 50 lb 10" sub????

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10703
Hey guys I installed my eclipse 3100 receiver and I am pleased with it so far. Its just running my factory speakers right now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18706
Then you don't know its' potential do ya?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4560
lol.

and rov based on drop in specs on the mt and the 9510 on 2500 rms. the 9500 actually pulls out the win by like a half decibal but they are very close. The mt can take a ton of power though

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14297
^ guy told me he strapped 2 2000wrms hif brutus amps to 1 10 already - wtf ...wish i cud have seen\heard it ...

motors of these look very close to those old RF TRF subs ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14298
didnt even look at d weight online b4 but my guess was pretty good

http://www.reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_mt

MT SERIES
Product Dimension
10"
Mounting Depth - 7.25"
Mounting Hole Diameter - 9.25"
Overall Diameter - 11"
Bolt Hole Circle - 10.125"
Motor Width - 9"
Motor Depth - 4.5"
Basket Depth - 2.75"
Displacement - 0.18 cu. ft.
Weight - 57 lbs ...

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4576
ya they are amazing machines lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10718
"Then you don't know its' potential do ya?"

I havent decided if I want to put the 5.25 phoenix gold xs old school components in I have or buy another brand.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14300
have heard a few hybrid & DLS - awesome natural sounding ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10728
Yeah I heard a nice set of dls it was pretty natural but not much bottom end. The cdt 6.5 entry levels my brother bought impress me on the bottom end but from what I remember the tweeters are too bright. If there was a way to calm that down I might by the cdt's.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14315
well proper door dampening brings out d low end even more but im surprised u say that since most recent DLS comps go down to 45-50hz

cdt tweets r kinda bright but what u can do is like me , i have mine right at d bottom corners of d windscreen facing each other ...really gives nice overall depth & easy on ur ears

i know i shud put d tweets a bit up on d A pillars but i dont want to cut\mess with it ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10733
Maybe what I heard bass wise I thought was the subs when it actually was the dls comps chiming in then. It was a good sq install. I was just telling my brother that they face the tweets straight across like you said and i fured that would cut down on tweeter harshness and you confirmed that. I guess the windshield plays a part too some how.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us