15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9910
Sean, its a race to 10k lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17180
Lol. Yanks that may not be fair.

Although Sean has been picking up the pace.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17181
Sean you need to start some pic wars lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3954
I'm almost at 4000 Upload...lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9913
My post count has been slipping the past couple weeks so it is possible for Sean to beat me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17183
Been said b4. Post count means nothing. It's your character and rep that tells who you are.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9917
Sean:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4789277#post4789277

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13946
Post Number: 3954

newb ! ...Upload

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9652
ahh theres no way i can catch Yanks Fan in post counts so he's the winner

Gold Member

Post Number: 9653
Thanks for looking out Yanks Fan I posted to the guy with the mag....I dont know why he didnt reply to my email I sent last time

ps....I went to post and thought I didnt have a user name on CA and found out I did haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 9656
"Thanks for looking out Yanks Fan I posted to the guy with the mag"

correction....SI BM

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21467
yea i was looking for a mag on that thread. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9658
haha sorry Chad....hey shouldnt the voice coil read lower like 3.8 ohms....and I can only see the one voice coil reading of 4.1 ohms what does the other say

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3955
Rovin, you fugger

I'm not L33T

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3957
Sean, These are the dimensions I have to work with. This also leaves about 3" from the port to the back of the hatch.

33'Wx24'Lx15'H External = 6.75cubes

31.5'Wx22.5Lx12.75H Internal (double baffle) = 5.14cuft

DJ said I could do 3 of the subs with that. He also said to do 80" of port area. Tuning is going to be either 32hz. or 34hz

After port area, how much space do you estimate the subs will have?

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9921
Exige, looks like you have quite a few customers over on SL bud. I see either someone with new CDT or AP stuff everyday lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17213
Little bit of excitement fellas. I have three kids in house tonight who are going to Hershey park with me tomorrow. I'm down in the gameroom while everyone is sleeping upstairs.

I hear someone trying to open my front door. At first I thought it was the ice machine dropping ice in my fridge but it came back. Then it shifted to a window in the upstairs bath. It's warm tonight so I shut all the windows and turned on the AC.

I scramble for my flashlight which of course is no where to be found. I turn on all the outside lights and walk out with my 36" Louisville slugger, adrenaline pumping.

I can't see well but there is noise on my front street. A couple maybe three ppl talking. They see me coming with the bat. Turns out they are innocent teenagers and thought I was a wacko lol. I look back and see my cat in the bathroom window, then it dawned on me. The sill on my bathroom window is so small that my cat often has trouble jumping on it and falls off, especially when the windows are shut because of the AC. She rarely goes upstairs but tonight she did lol.

FÜck I was ready to rumble.

All is good.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9924
LOL. That is kinda funny Paul. I can't imagine what those kids thought of you.

Glad everything was OK though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17215
I'm disappointed in myself though that I wasn't prepared, had an actual intruder tried something. It took me 15 minutes to find my flashlight, a time too long in that situation.

In any need of danger you should have the means within seconds to prepare/protect yourself. Tonight, I sadly did not.

Regardless of it being my cat lol.

Maybe I should've come up from my basement with my chainsaw he he he.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9665
That was funny Paul but I know it wasnt at the time....chainsaw haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13951
paul imho that wasnt wise of u going outside ...criminals nowadays r armed with knives & guns , things r different now

but luckily it was ur cat - got a shed attached to my house here & we have a few of them racing up & down on it so it sometimes sound as if its a man ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21478
"criminals nowadays r armed with knives & guns , things r different now "

lol rovin you make it sound like paul is from the stone ages.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9666
"lol rovin you make it sound like paul is from the stone ages."

LOL....yeah Pauls far from old

Gold Member

Post Number: 9669
Jesse....I came up with 5.22 cubic feet internal and with a port area like that and subwoofer displacement its not looking good....ill see if I can figure out a way for things to work

Gold Member

Post Number: 9672
ok the best I can come up with in a 5.22 cubic feet box before subs and port tuned at 32 hz would be a port 4 inches high by 10 inches wide and 13 inches long total (11.5 internal because of a 1.5 baffle) this port would take up .42 cubic feet with internal measurements of 5.5 high by 11.5 wide by 11.5 deep (plus 1.5 outside the box because of the baffle) and the subs ill estimate at .30 for all three giving you 4.50 cubic feet for all three subs....this is half the port area DJ said to use but according to linearteam (the program I like to use for vent mach) it says youll only have .07 at 32 hz with 2200 watts using three four inch ports and below .16 is the limit they call for no port noise but .12 or less is what I use as a guideline based on past exp. with linearteam and a box I built....but id suggest your port firing up across the bottom of the box because I dont think 3 inches is enough room for the port and also because I think that is the position that worked in that other integra (with one sub anyway)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9676
I just realized with three dual 4 ohm subs your going to be at 2.66 ohms and the audioque 2200 only puts out 1300 at 2 ohms

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3959
Yeah. I'd really like to do 3 but the more and more I think about it, I start leaning towards only doing 2. I could do 4 sealed but DJ said he would rather see 2 ported over 4 sealed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9678
yeah i think youll probably be louder with two on the right power than you will with three on the power you would get at 2.66 ohm's....leaving two left over would give you a pair of subs just for spl if you wanted to still do that....as far as sealed my brother sealed ours in the 2.50 cubic foot ported box to see what it would do and he said he lost 4 db I think but he said it did sound pretty good....I never did get to hear it but wish I had....I wasnt even aware they were intended for sealed enclosures as well

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21489
if you do 2 at 1ohm isn't that too much power for your subs? i thought you said your subs are rated at around 400-500wrms.

if your subs are efficient at around 400wrms then i'd rather go with cone area than power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9679
well thats true I forgot about that....he will put out about 1200 watts at 14.4 my math was off before

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3960
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the input so far. Are ported enclosures more efficient? So with 366rms to each and having more cone area may do well. If I did 2 and wired them to 1 ohm, I would set the gain accordingly.

What to do, what to do....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9680
yeah Chad setting the gain with a dmm thats what we did when we set ours to 600 watts daily and that version is rated 500 but I dont really think the extra 100 watts we gave it did that much....and yes typically a ported box is 3 db more efficient than sealed and I changed it above to 1200 watts total so 400 per sub which is good

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21492
you can do that jesse but if you have 3 why not use all 3. i am sure your amp is underrated so it should do a bit more power. not to mention your amp will run alot cooler at 2.6ohms.

its up to you man. don't get me wrong, with 2 subs wired to 1ohm will hit hard in a ported box. but if you are going to set the gain low so you don't over power then whats the point of doing 2 subs. why not go with all 3. if the space is the issue then i understand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9682
yeah go with three subs 400 watts per sub is good

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13952
today i bought me a nice big size D31 optima yellowtop - its gonna replace my smaller reg size D34 ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13953
^^^for my trunk that is - already have 1 up front & 1 in d trunk so im just upgrading that 1 in d trunk...

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3961
3 subs it is. Now I just need a good design. Running the amp at 2.66 ohm was one of the main reasons I wanted to do it that way. I dont have my HO alt and I have no extra batts right now.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4073
jesse, how much power did you run in your last setup with the Q's and pa amp? What was your electrical and do you know the size of your alternator? I ask this because I'm going to run a kx1200.1 in my civic with only a battery upgrade. Probaly get a beefier alternator if the electrical doesn't hold up to well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9684
it looks like Jesse has a 90 amp stock alternator on that car and if he does thats not a good thing running 1200 watts plus the cars electrical requirements.... I personally would run one sub on 500 watts until the alternator was upgraded....I dont like the idea of putting an upgraded battery in instead of upgrading your alternator because if you dont have the amperage with a stock alternator its pulling from your upgraded battery like it was with your stock battery and over time that battery will get weak where a stock battery with an upgraded alternator with sufficient amperage at idle will keep the voltage where it should be and the battery will live its normal life expectancy

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4074
How much you guys think? The kicker kx1200.1 requires a 150A fuse and my alternator is also about 80A. A local shop can build me a 180/105 alternator for 425. Iraggi will do the same with same specs for about $400 even.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9689
wow 400 dollars I had no idea it would be that expensive....a 220 amp alternator for my car through iraggi is only $249 but then again I have a 115 amp stock ford alternator

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3962
I was running my PA at 1 ohm, on stock alt and battery, in both my Range Rover and Teg for just about the whole time I had the system.

I had a bunch of problems with Iraggi. I only had use of the alt I bought from him for about 4 months....Its a long story. I need to send him back the old alt and get the new one for my Teg.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4075
I can get a dominator series alternator from iraggi in the 259 range, after shipping would be 300. I'm thinking about sending iraggi the alternator in my yukon and have him replace it to a civic and then I can get a new alternator for the yukon from qualitypower, the place I recommended to Gus. So we'll see what happens with that. I just hope everything with iraggi right now is good and hes not laggin on anything.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21498
sean.....34hz tuning it is. it will only need to be 12inches so it will fit without risers. lol. finally i got it. hahaha

thanks for everything.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3963
I was messing around with RE's box calculator and came up with this,

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/boxdesign.jpg

How would I mount the 3 subs? I dont think there would be any way to fit all 3 on top. What if I did 2 on top and 1 on the front side(side that port faces)?

Also that would give me 67.5sqin of port. DJ wants 80". I would like to do the 3 subs, but I'm not sure its feasible.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21502
jesse you can do this style box. give me the max dimensions you can work with and i'll draw up one to scale.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3964
That is a great idea chad. Thanks

Heres the dimensions.

External dimensions: 33'Wx24'Lx15'H = 6.75cubes

Internal dimensions(double baffle: 31.5'Wx22.5Lx12.75H = 5.14cuft

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21503
alright let me work on this sometime today. its for 3 12inch subs right?

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3965
Yep. Thanks.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21504
ok with the amount of power you are running, i don't think double baffle is neccesary. just on the baffle where the subs are you can do double it. you are losing too much internal volume. use some braces rather than double baffle.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3967
Check out this guys enclosure in his Teg. I wonder why he chose to do subs and port firing back?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309102

His dimensions are just about exact as the ones I listed. I wouldn't want the port that close to the hatch. But it looks like he has a battery behind the enclosure, between the seat and box....so it might not be so bad with those dimensions.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21505
its not written in stone jesse that you must have subs up port back in a hatch. sub back and port back would work too. but i don't like how his is done. its way too close to the rear wall of the trunk.

if i had to choose, i would do sub up and port up at the farthest away from the you but you can't since you are doing 3 subs.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3968
I've been reading some things. And I was reading about enclosures on DD's site. From what I read there and by what you texted me, I am really leaning on using just 2 subs.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21506
i really didn't realize the size of your teg. i saw a teg with a 9 cuft box for 2 re mt 15s but he took out his back seat. for some reason i was thinking you could fit a box like that too. lol. i know with your kids and all you need your back seat.

so in conclusion, i think its best you go with 2 subs cause of space issue.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3969
I do too.:-)

If you could come up with a design that will be 4-5cuft after port and displacement, with the dimensions I gave you, that would be awesome Chad. If you can do it, could you take a little off of the length and an inch off of the height? Also with 15-16sqin of port per cuft.

I also want to change my tuning to 35hz. I think at 35hz I will still be able to get low nice n loud but also play the higher octaves higher well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21507
lol i got sucked into designing your box. lol hahaha.

i'll give it my best shot jesse. :-)

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3970
True...I didnt even ask. Sorry. You dont have to if you dont wanna. I feel like an @ss now :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21508
naw its cool man. who is gonna build it? fisher?

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3971
Nah, probably Daniel, the guy I sold the Q's to.

I pm'ed the guy over on CA. And he told me that if I want to be really loud, to do subs up and port on the bottom in the middle (like in your sketch up above). What do you think?

He has 2 12" ssd's tuned to 33hz in that enclosure in the link and did 146.7 on a 39hz tone and 146.5 on music.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21510
yeah i like that idea too. but how much space will you have between the port and the wall of the car?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21511
oh and jesse about your scores......

pics or it didn't happen. lol.

jp bud.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3972
Thats not my scores haha. I will have about 3"-4" from port to the rear of the car.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21517
oh reading>me lol

anyways that's not much. i'll see what i can come up with. i'll have it by the weekend.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9692
Rovin..."today i bought me a nice big size D31 optima yellowtop - its gonna replace my smaller reg size D34"

cool....stepping up that battery reserve I see

BernyMac....I can get a dominator series alternator from iraggi in the 259 range, after shipping would be 300. I'm thinking about sending iraggi the alternator in my yukon and have him replace it to a civic and then I can get a new alternator for the yukon from qualitypower, the place I recommended to Gus. So we'll see what happens with that. I just hope everything with iraggi right now is good and hes not laggin on anything.

sounds like a plan....iraggi sent my bro a bad 300 amp alt the first time but made it right after my bro gave the facts he asked for and that alt is working fine close to a year now id imagine....but I saw Rob post about having problems like Jesse's id assume

Chad...."sean.....34hz tuning it is. it will only need to be 12inches so it will fit without risers. lol. finally i got it. hahaha

thanks for everything."

Im glad you worked things out....your welcome

Jesse...."I pm'ed the guy over on CA. And he told me that if I want to be really loud, to do subs up and port on the bottom in the middle (like in your sketch up above). What do you think?

He has 2 12" ssd's tuned to 33hz in that enclosure in the link and did 146.7 on a 39hz tone and 146.5 on music"

That sounds like a winner to me....how much room from the back did he give the port

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3973
Its all g double o-d, good. Thanks Chad, I appreciate it a lot. You da mutha fu(kin man!!

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3974
"That sounds like a winner to me....how much room from the back did he give the port"

Sean, he used the same exact width and length as I posted. He is 1.5" shorter on the height though, which I want to do also. So I am assuming about 3" from port to the back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9697
ok well if it works for him I wont disagree....but I wouldnt have thought that was enough clearance and yeah make your box height like his id expect that would make a slight difference

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3984
Some pics of the sd2.5's......

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3985
more...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3986
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3987
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17246
Wait. Did I miss something? Did you just buy those busted up subs like that?

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3988
Upload
Upload
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21539
omg that poor sub. also jesse that is fucked up. did he get back to you yet? pisses me off when people don't do a good job of packing. damn.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3989
Paul, thats how they came. He just threw clothes in the bottom of the box, then the subs, then more clothes on top. 3 of 4 of the subs are fu(ked. On all 3 subs, the baskets are broke.:-(

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3990
For the record. Those are pics of 3 different subs, not just 1.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3991
This is direct from the FS ad.

"i just bought 4 12" aq sd2.5s from a member on here he can vouch for me i havent used them and he barely used em, i got plans on buying a house now so i need some extra dough and i have a amp in mint cond as well:

3 12" audioque sd2.5s great shape still stiff 100 each plus ship
1 12" audioque sd2.5 basket cracked but still will work fine once mounted 80 plus ship (all u need to do is put some jb weld and be perfect plus the gasket covers it)"

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4380822&postcount=1

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21541
looking at the pics he didn't post pics of 4 subs at once. also its not even a close up pic. i am thinking the subs were damaged before he shipped it. unless the delivery guys played football with the boxes i doubt it would get damaged like that.

berny......http://www.teaminspire.net/

Gold Member

Post Number: 9699
wow not cool....were they insured

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3992
I dont know if they were insured but I honestly dont think insurance would cover it because of how they are packed. The clothes didn't even keep them tight in there. They were flopping around in the box. As soon as I lifted the first box, I could tell they were packaged poorly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17247
Man at first I was hoping you bought them as is and for parts. I can't believe some of the things I see anymore these days. With that bent basket I don't even think an average man could step on that and bend it THAT much. Looks like it was driven over.

Get a hold of him ASAP and show him the pics. Then see what his story is. If he turns his back he scammed you IMO. Were the boxes all tore up as well? Deep gouges and cuts in them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us