So I'm sleeping with my photographer....

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16167
and she takes her disposable camera to bed. Think I should worry?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3596
No, just make sure you wear clean underwear

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15779
Just make sure you get a nice compensation for your pics LOL!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16178
Lolol. Not the angle I was shooting for but we'll roll with it .

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16181
Someone let the loons out again lol.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/35.html

Imma go have a drink and start a fire. Catcha later dudes.

A real one in my chiminea, not one in the sat forum lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15781
Specifics please. We all know it's the satellite forum :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16183
Took a pic from my cell. It's dark and a camera phone so whatever lol.

I love these things.
Upload

"Specifics please. We all know it's the satellite forum"

That whole place went up tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9373
I bet that is nice Paul.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16186
Oh it's getting ugly now lol.

I don't think I have it in me to pic bomb the entire section. I really don't.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15782
C'mon I dares ya

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16193
Lol. It's bedtime for me.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9037
Naledge..."The excursion in my video?"

yeah in your video the excursion looks like its approaching the max limits and i believe another person commented about it when you made the post and asked how much power you had on them...also from what ive seen messing with subs not all excursion is because of the box and the power used...some seems to be acoustics related

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20448
^^^^^^whoa dejavu.....i read that same post somewhere. i just can't put my finger on it. lol.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20456
i posted this in another thread but i thought you guys should read to. this happend couple of weeks ago.

couple of weeks ago, a church group was going to go ice skating. rather than taking a church bus, they decided to take a few cars. anyways at 11am the they took off to go skating. the last car was falling behind the pack so he started to speed up. there were 5 kids in that car including the driver. while he was speeding up to catch up, for some reason he lost control and plowed in the the center diver. that caused the car to flip and 2 kids were tossed from the car. one of the kid that got tossed out from the car went flying over the center divider and landed on the other side of the freeway. he died instantly according to the paramedics that was there. infact 4 out of 5kids in that car died and 1 was in serious condition

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9378
That is terrible Chad. That happen in LA?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4315
wow that is terrible never want to see anything happen to anyone but definetly not children

Gold Member

Post Number: 9039
"^^^^^^whoa dejavu.....i read that same post somewhere. i just can't put my finger on it. lol."

haha yeah I just wanted to make sure Naledge saw my reply

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15795
That's a terrible thing to happen to kids man :-(

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20458
yeah it is.

jesse, invest in a soldering gun. you can get a decent one for around 20 bux. soldering gun comes in handy in many applications so you can get some good use out of it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13612
wow chad thats horrible but it happens often too - ppl speeding & hurrying to get somewhere getting all hyped up & make bad road judgements & tragedy happens ...

thats y i leave enough time to arrive somewhere but sometimes u do run late & speed a bit ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16203
You just can't fathom why some things happen. Good ppl dying young, corporate criminals stealing millions slipping through, drive byes, you name it.

You wonder where and when things will be made right. Sometimes tomorrow, sometimes next year.

I believe in karma. In this life or the next, all will be made right again.

That's a sad story Chad.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9386
Hey Sean, tell your brother I am really interested in his one of his amps if he sells them in Aug/Sept. Or even both depending on other stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9044
"Hey Sean, tell your brother I am really interested in his one of his amps if he sells them in Aug/Sept. Or even both depending on other stuff."

ok...you must be planning on a serious install with two amps...but even one is still decent power to me haha

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20493
yeah its terrible what happened to those kids.

yanks is going for power now. he wants to make people throw when they get in his car.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9389
Lol. I have some plans for this time next year :-)

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20496
charlie did you get the sub?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4319
yes i did i know you know that since i txted you but just saying it here also. the alpha looks amazing i want to go throw it in my car real quick b4 work but i dont think i have the time. All I know is that reads the korean times lol i wish i could read a diffrent language

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4321
Hey guys i got the alpha in b4 work so i listened to it for about an hr alrdy lol. So heres my take on it in a sealed box(since i know it will sound diff in ported). I believe that the mag and the alpha are diffrent since the mag seems to hit the higher notes with more authority than the alpha but the alpha seems to have more of the lower notes harder. Also the mag is a lot more accurate when listening to animals by nickelback the mag never misses a drum beat. The alpha kinda blends them and just sounds sloppy but then again like I said it seems to like the lows more than the highs. the alpha does have more output than the mag but it doesnt seem like a lot.

So when I get the ported box im going to try both of them out and see which one i like more but in sealed I will have to say the mag wins imo since i like the punchiness more than the rumbling lows

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13615
^^^fair honest review ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9048
well im pretty sure the alpha is not inteneded for sealed at all...so be prepared for a much different outcome when you port it...we tried a 10 american bass sub sealed when it wasnt meant for it (pretty sure) and it sounded much different ported...not to mention it got 10 db louder at our best hit frequency using a very restricted port and would have been even louder with the right port amount haha...the sealed box seemed to hold back the subs limits on certain frequency ranges quite a bit but when it was ported it changed a decent amount

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4323
ya thats what i figured thats why i was saying that above it was in a sealed and want to hear it in a ported. but for the time being i think the mag's going back in. It just sounds amazing in sealed amazing sq

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20510
yea the alpha needs to breathe charlie. the mag is a good driver sealed but the alpha needs air.

for me i don't like punchy bass but rather low and rumbling bass. that is why i love my revo so much.

anyways charlie put her in a nice ported box tuned to 32hz if you want that low end. but if you want that puchy bass, put her in 34-36hz and you will get your punchy bass.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4326
ya shes going in a box tuned to 35 i believe. thats just my personal prefrence i dont know i hate the back of my car feeling like its going to rumble apart. Besides I listen to more rock music than rap/hiphop.

i think thats the reason i like my 9512 so much cause it was more of a rock driver than a rap driver didnt hit he low but did the punchy bass

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20513
charlie all i listen to is groups like

devildriver, exodus, arch enemy, the agonist, testament, etc.... i never listen to bass songs or hip hop. i hate that kinda music. i like the bass to give it that presense while my mids handle alot of the midbass. the fast kick drum sound from those heavy metal songs coming from my mid bass combined with the sub just makes it killer. when a sub plays high, it tends to cancel out the mid bass from the front stage thus making it appear like the bass is coming from the back rather than not being able to pinpoint where its coming from.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4329
ya i know what you mean thats how i like it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13621
1 10" RE SX i built for some1 today

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183686

just a preview 4u guys - rest of d forum will have to wait til tomorrow when i complete it .......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16251
32hz.

Nice.

Good work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9057
nice work Rovin...I see you tested it and liked what you heard

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13629
well a quick review

plays loud, very tight & accurate but somehow im getting a instinct feeling that if i tune it slightly higher like 33-34hz but rimming a inch or so it will sound better ...so i feel im going to do that today & carpet it since d guy is coming for it tomorrow ....

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20547
"nice wrk dey MR. ROVIN"

i am assuming that says, nice work there right? lol. gotta get back to learning those terms on that site.

"oh my gawss"

omg?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13630
"oh my gawss"

omg?

well im guessing so since thats d 1st time ive seen anybody type that

well i trimmed 2" off d port lenght & it pounds alot more now ...nice sub for d streets but still not givng d REAL lows like i wanted so i guess i can cancel my hope on going with 2 10s of these .......at least i got d experience rather than me buying it & regreting .....

completed it today so pix tomorrow...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3900
In honor of all you spamming bästards, I have secured a gmail account by the name spammingbastard. Get it while you can...

http://www.gmail.com

U: spammingbastard

P: qwertyui

Secret: What is your library card number?

A: 1

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16256

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9407
I think I'll be buying my new set on comps within the next week or two, whenever I get paid :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16265
How's your job going Yanks?

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9408
It sucks lol. But seriously though, its not hard, its just tedious and boring. Today I worked as a server in a banquet which was easy to do. I also played the course for $5 this morning :-) . I figure everytime I play the course, its like giving myself a $50-$60 bonus since I get that much off my green fees lol.

I'm just glad I am making money now. No matter how boring it is.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20566
yanks do you get to drive that cart that collects golf balls in the driving range? that would be cool if you did. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9069
"I also played the course for $5 this morning . I figure everytime I play the course, its like giving myself a $50-$60 bonus since I get that much off my green fees lol."

or the golf course took $5 from your pay haha...nah if you wanted to play to get better at golf or have fun then its worth it

Gold Member

Post Number: 9070
"well i trimmed 2" off d port lenght & it pounds alot more now ...nice sub for d streets but still not givng d REAL lows like i wanted so i guess i can cancel my hope on going with 2 10s of these .......at least i got d experience rather than me buying it & regreting ....."

LOL good one Rovin it really does remind me of how some of those guys type

Brad...LOL

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9413
Yea Chad, I get to drive that cart. As much fun as it looks, its really quite boring after 10 minutes. But that is probably the most fun thing I do there lol.

And Sean, yea I'm trying to get better and have fun with some of my buddies so it is well worth the $5.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20569
since the cloverfield dvd came out, i bought it and i am watching it at work while doing some paperwork. saturdays i get to kick back and just do some paper work. lol.

anyways even though i saw this at the theater, i still find myself closing my eyes at the discusting and scary parts. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13636
lol sean - i sometimes try to abbreviate to save on typing but here in a T&T forums ppl understand what im saying

check out d completed box :
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/477799.html

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4333
looks sweet rovin i like it counter sunk

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9414
Good build Rovin. Looks good as always man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16272
I'm liking the flush mount.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16278
Berny, or anyone else with suggestions,

So I'm getting a DLP projector to play with finally. I'm not getting rid of my big screen, just relocating it to another corner of my gameroom. My gameroom is dark and I'm only going to use the projector for movies and some tv. The big screen will still be there for video games and bulk use from my son (cartoons).

I will be projecting onto a wall. I'm shooting for a 100" screen size. Am I alright with just the wall or am I in need of a screen? Any kind of special reflective paint I can use? I only paid $350 for the projector and I don't want to shell out $300 for a screen for it since I'm just getting my feet wet. If I get good results then down the road I might invest in a more permanent combination.

Can just a white, flat wall be successfully used for this?

Here's the projector:

http://www.aboutprojectors.com/InFocus-X2-projector.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15845
Is a pulldown screen out of the question?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2418985&Sku=S306-2010

I am not a big fan of flat white walls, unless done right, you lose a lot of detail.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15846
But, knowing your skills at making things from scratch, try this
http://www.projectorcentral.com/diy_screen.htm

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16279
Thanks Berny. The link for the $129 screen is tempting. Not that I couldn't make one like you suggest but is the easiest by far. The 79" X 99" dimensions they give for the screen, is that 79" tall or wide? Making one also eliminates the convenience of retracting when not in use also.

Hmmmmmm.........

I'm wondering how effective just using the Super-white seamless paper and two rails would be. Just have two straight boards for the top and bottom and secure the paper to the wood. Then attaching eye hooks on the top rail and hanging it from the ceiling. Wouldn't weigh more than 5 lbs or so.

Shoot, I have the wood and eye hooks and the paper is only $30 or so.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16281
I guess I'm just getting lazy lol. I just bought one. Thanks for the link to tigerdirect Berny. I found one for only $80.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=33126 73&CatId=2433

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3904
Paul make sure to look in to the native aspect ratio of the projector you bought. It is probably 16:9, not 4:3.

The screen below would be affordable yet have a very nice picture. Your screen quality is a huge factor in your final results. The big companies like Draper, Da-Lite, and Stewart stay up at the top for a reason.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JINLOK

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3905
I was too late.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16283
Well the specs say 4:3 (Native), 16:9. I'm assuming it's a 4:3 ratio. The screen I got is widescreen I know. That doesn't bother me. Like I said if this works well for me in the future I will be getting a better, widescreen projector so I might as well get the screen for it now. The borders won't bother me.

Nice price Brad.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3906
Elite is another company that makes high quality screens. That one will work great.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16295
Looking forward to it.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4336
thats cool paul I hope you enjoy it give us a review on how well it comes out and works

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20573
congrats on the projector paul.

charlie did you get a ported box built?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9076
nice work Rovin

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20582
guys, i just picked up the ported box yesterday. let me say the craftmanship on it is awesome. i paid $225 for it. there is a shop that me and berny go all the time. they built it for me.

its 3.5cuft tuned to 32hz and it hits nicely. double baffle front with flush mount and doubled up on the sides too.

also i put the kicker kx250.2 on my 6 x 9 rearfills yesterday and its much nicer than running it off the hu. my car just sounds sooooo good right now. i am in heaven.

don't feel like sharing this stuff in main forum now. i think its time i stop posting pics of stuff i get new. i just want to share with the buds now. lol. with sean also added to our group, i am so happy.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9450
Good to hear Chad. Glad you like everything man.

OK guys, I've decided to port the Mag and get the matching Audison amps. If I say anything else about changing my mind, I want you to yell at me in that thread. I came to this decision today in class, it just makes the most sense.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20583
sounds good yanks. once you port that b!tch you gonna need some diapers cause well you know.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9451
Lol. I think it should be enough for me. If its not then shame on me. Live and learn I guess.

Can't wait for the box from Phil. Should order it in a week or two :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16302
You'll love porting the Mag Yanks. Kinda like a tuba on roids.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9079
Yanks Fan...a guy had a scion with a 15 mag ported at the meca show...I forget what he hit but I think it was pretty good for meca at the headrest...ill ask Scott...only thing is he pushed it so hard he made the coil heat up...he said he didnt care because he was getting a memphis sub or subs...as far as you skipping my brothers amps thats probably a good thing because you would probably end up going full tilt with them and thats alot of current (600 amps running two of them from what rd states I think)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9080
"guys, i just picked up the ported box yesterday. let me say the craftmanship on it is awesome. i paid $225 for it. there is a shop that me and berny go all the time. they built it for me.

its 3.5cuft tuned to 32hz and it hits nicely. double baffle front with flush mount and doubled up on the sides too.

also i put the kicker kx250.2 on my 6 x 9 rearfills yesterday and its much nicer than running it off the hu. my car just sounds sooooo good right now. i am in heaven.

don't feel like sharing this stuff in main forum now. i think its time i stop posting pics of stuff i get new. i just want to share with the buds now. lol. with sean also added to our group, i am so happy."

Sounds good Chad im glad your finding the setup that you really like...thanks for the compliment...its nice to chat with you all as well

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20589
still in serach of bass sean? lol. i know i asked this before. hahaha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16311
Forgot to mention guys. My Ecoustics shirt order came today. 5 in all. Four tee-shirts. Two long sleeve and two short. Plus a collared shirt. Nothing fancy. Especially for $100.

Nice to have nevertheless.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13652
^what da hell is an ecoustics tshirt

Nice chad

got another box job to do for a RF T2 10" - quickly tested it out today in a 2cuft box ...sounds pretty good but i feel that 2cuft is too big so will get working on a new design & start building maybe tomorrow afternoon or wed ....

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9453
"Yanks Fan...a guy had a scion with a 15 mag ported at the meca show...I forget what he hit but I think it was pretty good for meca at the headrest...ill ask Scott...only thing is he pushed it so hard he made the coil heat up...he said he didnt care because he was getting a memphis sub or subs...as far as you skipping my brothers amps thats probably a good thing because you would probably end up going full tilt with them and thats alot of current (600 amps running two of them from what rd states I think)"

I wasn't going to use them on the Mags lol. I'm still interested in those for my spl set-up which is being planned. I was going to use one of them at 2 ohms for both Mags but now if I do get them, they will be in a different car.

If you figure out what score the guy hit, let me know. I'm curious to find out.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20607
your spl setup is going to be nice. i have a feeling you gonna do a good job on it.

btw yanks, start us off on a new thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us