Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4289
its tonight but the yanks won yesterday in a high scoring game 15-9

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20328
answer your text charlie. i am confirming your address.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4291
sry was in class

but chad u r the man no one is better than you

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13578
having 1 of those days where work is quiet & ur feeeling lazy since d day seems to draaaaaaaaaaaaag slooooooooooowly .....

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16064
^^^Been there. Sux.

My boy had his second hit tonight. Happy about that. His team lost tho. No biggee.

Looks like I'll be doing the mart this Saturday. Selling....just about everything lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15756
I'll be leaving again soon, boys! I hope there's internet where I'm going

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16067
Good luck man and gods speed brother in arms.

Upload

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4292
berny goodluck i hope you stay safe and have the internet i would miss you to much. my brother is getting shipped over to iraq in november he just had a kid like 3 weeks ago

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16071
Wow. Seems like we should be shipping them back here.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20347
good luck berny. paul and i will keep the forum in order while you are gone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15758
Thanks...I'm still hoping I can have access to the internet and none of that restricted crap. I'll be posting pics of the locality.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4294
nice that would be awesome berny

btw im sorry to say this but yanks i loved the game tonight sorry i know you were there and wanted the yanks to win so sorry but i am a sox fan and i loved every second of it.

also the B's beat the habs tonight just 2 more wins i know it wont happen but its cool

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9326
Lol Charlie. It was a bad game from the get-go. Mouse just didn't have his stuff. When you throw an 86-88 mph fastball, you better locate that thing perfectly, and he didn't and got slammed. But hey, it was fun to go up and see it again. Didn't get back home until 5am so I'm tired as hell and have to go to into work here an hour or so :-(

Berny, good luck man. Stay safe and I look forward to seeing those pictures hopefully.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20364
charlie i don't know if you got my text yesterday with the tracking number or not but anyways the sub was shipped yesteday. it should be there next wed or thursday.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4298
ya i got it i was at work though but i cant wait till i get it

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3583
I suck at Fantasy Baseball Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16091
Too many games. I'm busy enough lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3839
Wait..... where is Berny going?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16094
Back into service. Into the sandbox.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3843
I assumed this whole time that Berny was in his 50's?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15765
I'm not that old...yeesh!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16096

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15767
But I can feel the effects of my misspent youth

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16097
I can relate. Life catches up to you. Just throwing the ball around with my son takes its' toll on me.

And I'm only in my 30's. God I need to move around more.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15768
Moving around is good for you...keeps the beer belly away:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16100
So does not drinking it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13585
well time for change

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=182657

honestly IMO DD = overhype ! ....

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9006
"honestly IMO DD = overhype !"

why do you say that Rovin

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13586
loud as fack hell yeh - sq fails IMO ...doesnt drop low at all ...chad & charlie also had a 9512 so i bet they will agree with me

gr8 sub for ppl to hear u outside ur ride but inside i dont like it at all...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15770
Isn't that why a lot of sub enthusiasts have such big and loud subwoofers? To rattle the teeth of the people outside their vehicles?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14145
^^Not me, i just want nice sounding bass, i could care less how loud it is..but every once in a while i like to crank it a bit..

and Rovin I agree 10000000% they are an acquired taste, either you love them or hate them...Plus they dont seem to hold up well either..So many DD recones has me questioning there quality as well..Never see that many JL's, Fi's, SI's, TC Sounds,etc with that many sub failures.

BTW Cheap Ava for sale

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4509097#post4509097

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9338
"Isn't that why a lot of sub enthusiasts have such big and loud subwoofers? To rattle the teeth of the people outside their vehicles?"

Thats what insecure teens do. The way I look at it is who cares what it sounds like outside the car when the one who is listening to it (ie, me), is inside the car....can't stand when people have it turned up at lights/neighborhoods when its late. If I wanted to know what you were listening to, I would have rolled down my window and asked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9007
Rovin I believe M.S. is running a 9515 and he told me the sq wasnt good

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20388
yeah i wasn't not happy at all with dd's sq. berny was thinking of doing dd9515 until he heard mine. lol.

berny, i like to listen to my windows up and at slightly above moderate. that is when i think the music really relaxes me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13587
u see the thing is for a spl sub & it is in fact a spl sub it sounds decent on music so thats why some ppl say "sq on it is good" ...what is sq to some ppl is a subjective matter

no dispute that dd is an excellent street beater sub for ppl to hear u coming down d road ...not really my cup of tea...

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9340
"what is sq to some ppl is a subjective matter "

I was just about to say that. That and its really install dependent. I wish I had the chance to hear MS' at the meet but I never did

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13592
well i got a job to do a box for a 1 10" RE SX for a civic which im glad about since i was also considering 2 10s in this & will get d opportunity to play around with 1 .....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4304
well i liked the sq of the 9512 but then again i dont really care for the lows to be honest i like more mid bass punching in your gut. which i thought the dd was amazing at.

but it did get loud. also i will agree the lows arent that great on it. but then again that didnt bother me

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9342
Has anyone here seen "The Mist"? I seriously just wasted 2 hours and 6 minutes of my life watching that....arguably one of the worst movies I've seen.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16119
Can't say I have. What was it about?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3855
DD subs have a lot in common with Keeker. They will get very loud but sound like àss. The 3500 series sounds ok though.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9347
Paul, its based on a Stephen King novel I believe. But basically, a storm comes through this small town and a layer of mist comes in the next day. In the mist are "monsters" who kill people.The mist actually came from a military experiment. The military was trying to enter/find another dimension/world. They found one and ended up combing the two worlds/dimensions together and the monsters came into our world. Bunch of people are trapped in a convience store and some break away to get away and try to live but fall just short and everyone ends up dieing in various ways, except for one man.

I just made it sound so much better than it was.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16125
Yanks, sounds like "The fog". I know, you've never heard of it.

"DD subs have a lot in common with Keeker."

Brad. Then why is DD sooo much more expensive than Kicker if it produces the same result?

Short of the obvious.....

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3856
Because they are built much better. More advanced baskets, coils, spiders and magnet assemblies. Plus you pay a premium for the name.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16130
"Plus you pay a premium for the name."

A name not known to the "outside" world.

How do we change that?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14154
I dont think we should change it, unless we get free subs or something.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 9015
"I was just about to say that. That and its really install dependent. I wish I had the chance to hear MS' at the meet but I never did"

same here never listened to it

"well i got a job to do a box for a 1 10" RE SX for a civic which im glad about since i was also considering 2 10s in this & will get d opportunity to play around with 1 ....."

well thats always nice Rovin...ive been considering trying a single 10 setup as well but for now a single 12 is the focus

Gold Member

Post Number: 9016
"Has anyone here seen "The Mist"? I seriously just wasted 2 hours and 6 minutes of my life watching that....arguably one of the worst movies I've seen."

Ive seen it...yeah it wasnt the best movie...and I really didnt like the ending

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4307
i thought it wasent a bad movie just made you think. What wouldyou do when you have no were else to turn. wasent a good movie just made you think. like all those people thought that old lady was crazy then they started to follow her i mean i could see that happen in real life. the ending though like omg icant believe that lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 9019
yeah there was realism there...and there was some creative thinking but the plot just didnt flow enough for me

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9353
"Yanks, sounds like "The fog". I know, you've never heard of it. "

Heres a surprise Paul, I have heard of it. And yes, it did remind me of "The Fog".

Sean and Charlie, it did make me think but it was just so outrageous that I had to laugh at some parts. And that religious lady, I'm glad dude man shot her. I couldn't stand her and wanted her shot asap. The ending really was dumb. Surprised at what happened, not surprised at what happened after the shooting.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3867
For those in the fantasy league: After warning Reece several times to stop picking up starting pitchers scheduled to start that day, and him completely ignoring that because he is a spoiled little bìtch who feels that he can do whatever he wants, I have now reset the 'max moves' setting to 54, which is one move per every three games. This is PLENTY of moves for anyone. He now has 31, which is three times more than anyone else has and he just added two pitchers that are starting today. That was the final straw so now he will have 23 moves the rest of the season.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3588
Cool. I was waiting for something like that to happen. :-)

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3868
Jesse it wouldn't hurt for you and yanks to post in the league that you agree with the move. Reece is no doubt going to have a conniption fit, but if others chime in there won't be much he can say.

Unlike his mom and dad... homey don't play dat.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9356
Done :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16149
Only because there seems to be less and less to chat about.....

I bought a cast iron chiminea today. In Jersey we have a "no fire" law. Meaning no burning of brush/trash allowed. Apparently it's ok in chimineas cause they sell them everywhere here. Where I grew up it was common practice to burn anything you wanted.

Anyway, it was nice to be able to finally sit back and enjoy a fire fueled by my backyard's ever accumulating supply of twigs and fallen dead branches. Picked it up at Lowes for like $90.

Sure is nice to relax by a fire.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3876
Must be a pain to cram all the stuff you want to burn batch by batch into that thing. I think where I am you have to get a permit to burn stuff but most people just take the chance and don't. I never really burn stuff so I don't know for sure. My experience with burning involves incense and weed

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4314
ya were i live u have to get a permit from the fire department

but nice paul

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16161
If I ever get asked by the police I'll ask them then why are they sold at Walmart?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20410
nice paul. congrats.

btw paul, i don't trust that stephen guy selling stuff in the for sale section. he is new here and he is trying to sell alot of stuff seems like.

guys after almost a week of listening to my sub, here's a brief review.

this sub is perfect for rock, pop, and trance/techno.

if you are all about hard bass hitting hip hop, then you need a different sub. not saying it doesn't hit hard cause it does but it doesn't hit hard like the alpha does. but the sq totally makes up for it.

on fast techno the bass is so soft but at the sametime strong. on rock or pop music, the bass guitar is very smooth.

i will have detailed review and vids up in the sub section sometime this week.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9363
I got a $75 parking ticket today guys. My sister took my car to school with her cause her car had to go into the shop and I forgot to put my parking pass into my moms car, which I drove today, and I ended up getting a citationUpload

But on a potentially brighter note, I'm trying to come up with ideas for an amp for 2 Mags if I go that route. Would you guys suggest doing 2 Audison LRX1.400 (does 800-900rms) or just do one IA 20.1 (or some amp along that line)? I'm guessing just one amp for less electrical strain?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20426
1 amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 9030
"I got a $75 parking ticket today guys. My sister took my car to school with her cause her car had to go into the shop and I forgot to put my parking pass into my moms car, which I drove today, and I ended up getting a citation"

if this is for school or something important like that then id go and talk to them about it and tell them the situation and they might let you off with no ticket...I did that with a handicap parking situation where I forgot to put it on the rear view and they let me go without a fine

"But on a potentially brighter note, I'm trying to come up with ideas for an amp for 2 Mags if I go that route. Would you guys suggest doing 2 Audison LRX1.400 (does 800-900rms) or just do one IA 20.1 (or some amp along that line)? I'm guessing just one amp for less electrical strain?"

go with one amp...its less wiring and things to hook it up and the larger amps are probably more efficient

Gold Member

Post Number: 9031
Chad is there any sub that you owned that played well on all music

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20432
well the revo does play well on all music. its just the alpha played louder on hip hop due to the sub peaking higher. but on bass songs that hit lower, the revo comes alive. especially on bass mekanik songs. the revo is awesome.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9367
"if this is for school or something important like that then id go and talk to them about it and tell them the situation and they might let you off with no ticket...I did that with a handicap parking situation where I forgot to put it on the rear view and they let me go without a fine"

Yea I sent them an email explaining exactly what happened right when I got home so we'll see what they say.

And I figured one amp would be better, just had to double check.

I can't wait for videos Chad. Maybe I'll try one out in the summer if I have the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9032
oh ok then its just a fs related issue...the alpha has a 34 hz fs and the revo has a 21 hz I think...you had a 15 inch sub in each case right

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20433
i swapped out the alpha with the revo so it has the same box and the same amp.

first of all, dls amp outperforms the rd audio amp. i got to try the alpha with the dls amp too.

anyways, the alpha is just a spl monster with awesome sq. although the sq of the alpha is awesome, the revo kills it while getting almost as loud as the alpha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13602
if u get like a AC EQ u can boost up upperbass on those low Fs subs to get a more fuller effect ....

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20438
the upper bass is fine rovin. i was just comparing it to the alpha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13606
o i c

i dont like much upper bass from my sub\s at all i limit my lpf to aroun 70 - rather get d uppers from my fr drs instead .....

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20439
yeah me too. my lps sits at 63hz.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3589
A Tinsel broke on one of my Q's today :-(

Upload
Upload

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20444
jessie if i was you i would just use a decent size speaker cable and extend it a bit. then re solder it to the terminal.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3591
so cut it down a little then add some speaker wire and solder it?

What size wire would you suggest? 10g-12g?

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9369
That sucks Jesse. Sorry to see that man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9034
keeping up that fi pattern haha...but in all fairness your the one that has them in a sealed box in that hatch right...if so you had major excursion going on and it seems like thats what kills them...sorry to hear it broke on you

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3593
Yeah. I've had them for almost 2 years now. Do you think the new enclosure played a big role in it breaking?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9035
well it was the excursion in general I think...they looked like they were at their max...were you over powering them

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3594
The excursion in my video?

Nah, not overpowering them. They are on a A3000db. Gain set by ear, no BB, and sub level on the HU at 0. The gain is not even half way up on the amp.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16166
Just worn out I guess. I'm glad I don't push mine that much.

I like Chad's idea. Cheap and quick.

Moving on......................

Gold Member

Post Number: 9036
"The excursion in my video?"

yeah in your video the excursion looks like its approaching the max limits and i believe another person commented about it when you made the post and asked how much power you had on them...also from what ive seen messing with subs not all excursion is because of the box and the power used...some seems to be acoustics related

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us