Which one?

Username: Zs21385

Post Number: 1
which digicam is a better choice?

canon A540
canon ixus 60
olympus fe-200

my requirements r fairly basic: good quality photos (portraits and scenery) and easy to lug around...some video is also needed

which one is better? portable AA batteries or rechargeable proprietary batteries?

also which format is better suited to video: quicktime or AVI, specially if i'm using windows movie maker?

Post Number: 2
there is also the panasonic dmc-fx3...i'm so confused...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12200
You should be happy with any of those choices. They are all good cameras.

As far as batteries are concerned, rechargeables are always good. These cameras eat a lot of batteries. However, there are cameras that will take both types.

Quicktime is great video quality and AVI is better suited for Windows Moviemaker.

Post Number: 3
gee thanx...i think i'll go for an ixus 60...the non-canon ones don't have optical viewfinders, and i'm getting a good deal on ixus 60...thanx again

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12252
Canon is a very good choice.

Post Number: 4
so i finally get my canon ixus 60...wow it's so small (this is my first digicam...i'm used to the big reel-type cameras)...suddenly i want to take pictures of every mundane thing around...
The USB port cover seems pretty flimsy...dunno how long that'll last...there is no battery power indicator...so i guess i'll have to rely on trial-and-error to learn abt how long it'll last...
the physical look and feel of the camera is great but there is juss one little thing...finicky that i am i juss dont like the fingerprints and spots that appear all over the body as soon as i take it out of its cover...any ideas on how to keep these spots away?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12499
I would suggest a card reader to transfer your pics from the memory card to the PC. You don't want the camera running out of power while transferring pics.

As far as the spots are concerned...I got nothing :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us