Panasonic Lumix range

Username: Msy

Post Number: 8
Hi All,

How is the Panasonic Lumix range doing...? Is it a good buy compared to the canon ixus range?

Mangesh

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 405
Um, I don't think they are competitors. IIRC the Canon is a compact P&S (best competition I can think of is the Casio Exilim series) while the Lumix is kind of an odd one as a rangefinder DSLR (nearest competition is the Leica M8, though much more expensive). I have a suspicion the Lumix isn't doing all that great as I have yet to see one in the field, much less in person.

Post Number: 9
Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the response. Infact I had got a canon (ixus 60) sometime back and was suggesting the same to my friend who was inquiring about the lumix.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 406
You know what? There ARE Lumix that may be competitors to the Ixus and Exilim cameras.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vOverview?storeId=15001&cata logId=13401&catGroupId=24997&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

They make it a bit confusing in that ALL their digital cameras are a Lumix DMC-something (the top model L1K is what I knew of & mentioned). So they have a rangefinder SLR, fixed-lens SLR lookalikes, and compact P&S all under one name. I'd say look on DPR and Steve's Digicams for reviews.

So I was both right and wrong.

Post Number: 10
Hi Chris,

Thanks again. I will check out the models.

Username: Jankohrasko

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have the Panasonic Lumix FZ5 and I have a lot of photos made with this camera online here: http://www.earthinpictures.com
Please check how you like it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi Janko,

Thanks for your response.

Mangesh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us