Smart Media Card Error

Username: Lucendia

Post Number: 1
I had a card that I couldn't format. I assumed I needed a new card and purchased one. After using it a short time I am getting the card error again and get the message trying to download through the card reader and also get the message when I try to format the card. I am beginning to think my camera is damaging the card? I don't want to buy another card just to have it happen again. What do you think?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11772
Are you formatting the card through the camera or the computer?

Post Number: 2
Through the camera.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11773
You can send the memory card back to the manufacturer and they will replace it for free.

What card is it? What camera are you using? Did the camera manual state a list of approved cards? If it does, you may want to follow the recommended cards to avoid problems.

And if your memory card is one of those generic cards...expect problems.

Post Number: 3
I'm using a Fujifilm MX-1200. I've had it several years. The card is a Roland SmartMedia S16M-3. I am assuming that is generic. I didn't know I should look for a certain one. I thought any would work. Oh well, I'll contact the seller and see what they'll do. Thanks for the information.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11775
Try memory cards from Lexar or Sandisk.

Username: Massgsm

Post Number: 2
I have had several SmartMedia cards die for no reason except that they gave up! I am not a techie so I found a UK repair service at www.massgsm.com/smartmediacard.html and they all now work great even have the Olympus Pan working on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us