Nikon D70 monitor

Username: Benedicuk

United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Ive just purchased a used d70 with a nikkor 28-80 f/3.3 -5.6g lens. Ive installed a Kingston 1gb compact flash card and taken my first attempts today. Some images have areas on the monitor where the pixels appear to flash between black and white. The images are fine when transferred to a PC. The former owner tells me it has done this from new and says he assumed it was normal when taking shots in bright light or of something very white. Is this normal or is it a problem with this camera?
Thanks
Roger ( a digital slr virgin)

Username: Fishlaw

Post Number: 4
That is normal. When viewing photos you can access three or four differnt screens of information by using the left/right function of the four way rocker switch on the back of the camera. Up and down advance the photo. The screen you are looking at shows highlights.

Username: Benedicuk

United Kingdom

Post Number: 2
OK I understand now, Thanks for your help

Roger

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11527
The flashing areas are indicating that you may have blown the highlights and over-exposed.

Username: Anthonyk

Post Number: 1
I've recently purchased a Nikon D70 and found that when looking through the view finder I can't get a clear focus. The lenses are fine as I've tested with other bodies and I've even put on a brand new lense but still the same problem.

The pictures I've taken using the camera on auto focus (view through lense still out of focus) came up in focus and fine.

Anybody have this problem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11715
Check the diopter adjustment.

Look at the viewfinder before planting your eye on it. To the right of that viewfinder is a ridged slider. Adjust it up and down until you see a clear view.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11717
Did you fix it yet?

Username: Anthonyk

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny, the diopter adjustment didn't work. The camera on auto focus will focus the image and it will look out of focus through the viewfinder. But the taken shot comes out clear as day. If I attempt to manual focus, clear equals out of focus shot. It seems that through the view finder a have like a foggy view across the middle of the viewfinder with a tinny strip of cleary frame at the top and bottom. I sure the viewfinder screen should be clear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us