Lens error on HP Photosmart 525

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1062
Well, went to take a pic with the wifes camera, dropped it, and the front of the lens fell off. It snapped back on ok, but now the lens is stuck in the out position, and a message justs says lens error M525-12 (7F80) Any body got any ideas?
Its under warranty, so I can take it back, but if its an easy fix, i try it first.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1063
Nevermind, I just pulled on the damm thing it it works again. Well, out of the doghouse for now.

Username: Carlitolover

Post Number: 1
Mine did the exact same thing, but I just dropped it and now it has the lens error. But I dont have a warranty...so I have to fix it.
But pulling on the lens isnt working.

Username: Sjinmontana

I bought mine just over two years ago and was seriously bummed when I went to turn it on and it had an error message and kept turning back off. I pulled the memory card and got the pics off of it and proceeded to do the unthinkable. I pulled out the mini screwdriver set after using the canned air on it. The lens cover popped off. I scratched my head, cleaned the lens and put it back on. I figured it was already broken so I fwacked it on the table a few times and nothing. Then my friend who was looking at me funny got involved and smacked the side of it a few times against his hand and low and behold the lovely thing works again. Who would have thought. The next step was going to be to take a hammer to it and buy a new one. I think I'm still going to buy a back up in the very near future. So hitting things sometimes pays off. It seems to work fine now.....go figure!!

Username: Phouston47

having same problem lens wont come out get lens error hitting it doesn't work either any more ideals
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us