Sony P93 Battery problem

Username: Timlbaxter

Post Number: 1
Hi,

a few weeks ago I noticed that the batteries on my P93 would only last for 15 to 20 photos. After recharging the battery indicator would show fully charged for 1 or 2 photos, down to 1/2 charge for another handful......then dead. I bought some new batteries but exactly the same happens.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, Tim

Username: Jumbz55

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I actually have the same problem with my p93. It seems to suck up all the power from the batteries really fast. I noticed that it only happens after i use the USB connection to transfer images over. After disconnecting it, the batteries have been depleted and then a recharge is needed.

But they work fine after a recharge...

I bought new batteries aswell and they last their full amount of time, until I connect the camera to transfer images... then they deplete.

It seems to be a problem with the camera itself.

Username: Jumbz55

Post Number: 2
I've found a way to fix the problem!

It is linked to the usb connection. You must change the connection type to PTP. This will instead just let you browse the place where pictures are stored unlike a normal usb connection where you can go through the folders of the memory stick.

To turn it to PTP. go to SETUP mode, SETUP 2 (last menu item), go to USB CONNECT, change it to PTP.

So now it shouldn't suck up the power of your batteries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us