Cannon sd900?

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 305
hey im a noob to digital cameras and im goin to europe soon and i want a small camera with very high quality. my budget is around $600. i have no clue whats makes a good camera and i was told this would be my best choice.im up for any suggestions so let me know what u think thanks!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11101
Most definitely a great camera. That camera just came out and if it is anything like the SD700 with the IS feature you are in for a treat.

I say grab it and have fun in Europe:-)
Don't forget extra batteries and plenty of low capacity memory cards.

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
also it dosnt have to be a simple point and shoot because im going to take these next few months to learn how to use whatever one i get in my photography class. and i just want it to be pocket size... ultra compact would be nice but i could sacrafice some size for quality...as long as its still pocket sized

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
ok thanks !! and do you know anything about the ipod camera connecter???? i really wanna get that cuz then i would have like 20gigs for pics but im unsure if its a good idea

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11102
Well, you can try getting the Nikon D50 if you really want to learn some photography.

I heard of the iPod camera connector but i wouldn't recomment it. You need something else besides an iPod to store your images. The iPod is not very reliable as a storage device. I wouldn't trust it any farther than I can drop it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
thats a lil big i think im either going to get the canon sd900 or the new g7 because id like more zoom than the sd900. do you know anything about the g7??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11103
Either cameras are going to work really well and you will like them both. If you'd like more zoom, then get the G7.

Username: Adr

Post Number: 1
I am new here, but I thought I would let you guys know that the device transfer photos from the memory media to the ipod is worthless (not to mention the reliability of the ipod itself) a couple of hundered megs of pics will leave the batteries of both devices drained.

Personally I'd buy some good reputable memory cards around 512 and obtain security in diffusion. And if you are really nervous hit a netcafe and bounce it to a server or homebase friend everyday. The best insurance is the policy that you don't carry on your person.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12058
What does this have to do with a Canon SD900?

Username: Adr

Post Number: 2
I was just musing about the viability of the ipod transfer device for storing pictures. I am sorry if my topic was too far off topic for the customs of this forum.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12061
Ah...so it had nothing to do with the Canon:-)

Agreed...the ipod was never a good photo storgae device. It is, after all a music player and the peripheral features are more of an after thought. I never put anything other than music files on my iPod. I use a dedicated storage device for my photo files.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us