Sony DSCP200 lens sticking out

Username: Nicholasjones

Post Number: 1
I have a DSCP200. After about 6 months the lens got stuck in the out possition and did not go back in. The warantee is not international so be careful when you buy sony. I toke it to the sony service center and the wanted 120 euros and 800000 leu (about 20 euro) to repair it. I was very disappointed. Fortunately on the net i read that if you give the lens a few sharp taps with your fingers it might work. It did work. So save yourself a wad of money, the sony technicians would only give it a sharp tap and give it back and charge you 120 euro plus. all sony repairs start at 120 euros!! i bought the camera in chile and i live in romania. hope that this info is of some help to any cybershot owner.

Username: Artpenjr

Post Number: 1
Thank you! My daughters DSCP200 had the same lens stuck out problem, was repaired by Sony the first time it happened, and now it happened a second time. I had her give the lens a good tap and it fixed it! We also had a Sony camcorder with a different electronic problem, read on the web to give it a good tap on the bottom and it worked also! Go figure.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us