Sony DSC-P72 (maybe others too) internal battery issue?

Username: Brozkeff

CZ

Post Number: 1
I have Sony DSC-P72 (now it's going to be 2,5 years) and a problem started appearing to me. First, after few days of not using camera (batteries were inside) it didn't start (that was strange -- I found out that the batteries were now completely empty!), so I changed the acumulators and started. The cam asked for date and time, and resolution etc settings were lost too (=every setting was resetted).

From that time:
- when I keep acumulators in camera, they are completely drained within few days (ampermeter showed that the cam is consuming 8-9mA when turned off!!)
- most of my rechargable acumulators are almost unusable in the cam anymore, when turning on, the cam turns off again IN THE MOMENT WHEN DISPLAY AND CCD CHIP IS TRYING TO TURN ON (=just when the lens are pulled out)... it is battery issue that the batteries are "too weak" now for the camera as it probably drains more power than before and this "peak" when starting is too big peak now. Only very new recharg.acumullators can handle it now.

I THINK this is caused by internal battery that must be present (IMHO) inside the photocamera - probably lithium one. For keeping date&time actual (as well as other settings) the cam must contain this kind of battery ... similar to ones all motherboards in PCs have... and this batt is from now probably dead. Any other resolution?

I'm planning to open the cam and I'll try to change that battery by myself (sending 2,5yrs old cam to service would cost more than a new one). Any idea or experience?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us