DIY your digital photo album

Bronze Member
Username: Ailsa010

Post Number: 14
As digital cameras have been around for so long a time and with manufacturers rolling out new models packed with more resolution and features, the appeal of DIYing a permanently stored photo album is ever alluring.
You may just came back from vacation with lots of pictures to be edited , or just have the idea of burning them to CDs or DVDs, making it easy to view and store. Then what should you to do all these things with ease? Here are some steps for the newbie photographers:
1.If you have a portable storage gadget, it will help you for some unexpected situations. I¡¯ve got my 3oGB iPod for a while, though mainly used for watching movies, sometimes it just serves well as a backup tool.
2.I guess your laptop is well capable enough to store quite an amount of pictures, and if it does sometimes fill up, you can burn your photos to CDs or DVDs. This way, you can avoid the case where your computer is corrupted by a nasty virus ,and all things suddenly go nowhere.
3.Have a CD or DVD burner to save your photos for future use, and make sure that the CDs or DVDs are of high quality, and will last good number of years before they fail on you. Don¡¯t forget to research which disks are better for your brand of burner. You will have a choice of using + (plus) or - (minus) CD or DVD.
4.If before burning your photos, you just want to make your photos more prettily looking, you need two things to make this come true: image-editing software, an understanding of what you can do with that software, and the vision to see what needs to be done to fix your photos. I personally use Easy Photo Editor to edit and enhance the photos and Easy photo Frame to adds frames ( with 300 beautiful frame and mask effects) , you can find more tools on this site:http://www.sharewareguide.net/Audio-Multimedia/Multimedia-Creation-Tools/ .
5.After these steps , you should make should you don¡¯t use ordinary permanent makers to label your CDs or DVDs, and they must be CD and DVD friendly so as to avoid the peeling of the CD or DVD protective coating.
6.Other make-sures are common with CDs or DVDs, such as keep them in a dry place and clean your hands before look for them.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 367
So, was your point making a photo album or data backup?

Backups and archives are a hot topic in the photo fora. If you're interested I can outline my experiences & current setup. It's nothing like what you suggest.

I've been looking at photo album services lately as well & have hit on a couple I like the looks of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us