Nikon D70s Digital Camera Question

Username: Aliebama

Birmingham , AL US

Post Number: 1
I just purchased my Nikon D70 yesterday and have been busy taking hundreds of pictures trying to figure out all the camera has to offer. Even after reading a majority of the manual I have not figured out how to use the LCD screen to view my photo subject and then shoot. It only comes up after I take a picture or when I go to the menu. Is this even possible. The person I bought the camera from told me that it let you view the subject through the eyepiece or screen, so I assumed he knew what he was talking about.
HELP?? thanks..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8780
No, this is not possible with a digital SLR. You have to compose the picture by using the eyepiece and not the screen.

The screen is only there for review after, the picture has been taken.

It is leaps better than a regular point and shoot so don't fret. :-)

Birmingham , AL US

Post Number: 2
Thanks so much for responding.
And You are SOOOO right. I love my Sony Cybershot but it's hard for me to put this one down. It is really incredible. I thought my original Nikon n80 35 was incredible...lol. I can't imagine what they will have in 10 years.
I have another quick question if you don't mind. I have noticed upon viewing pictures through the lcd that sometimes there are blinking digital "zap" like spots on the screen.. when I upload the pictures nothing is on the picture so I thought it may be a camera problem.. but since I JUST got it I was hoping it may be the memory card so I wouldn't have to return the camera already and wait for a replacement to be sent. :-0

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 358
Here is why no DSLR will be able to do that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera

OK, so if anyone picks up the pellix mirror idea that's not entirely true, but I don't see that happening.

Those "blinkies" are the clipping warning. It's the camera telling you that those areas are overexposed. Check your histogram & you will see a spike on the right end. To fix this, reduce your exposure. Anyway, the camera is working correctly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8787
The flashing areas on the LCD is the camera telling you that the bright areas on the picture are over exposed and you will probably loose detail in tha area.

It is a guide for you to make adjustments in the exposure. You could either stop down on your aperture or speed up the shutter.

If you would rather not see this, keep pushing the scroll button to the left or right and you will get to a picture that contains no information on the LCD.

Refer to page 115-117 of your manual.

Birmingham , AL US

Post Number: 3
Thanks Again. Clearly I have a lot to learn.. I really appreciate your responses!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8790
No problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us