Help me pick a camera

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 270
i need help picking a camera. i was thinking about the sony dsc-t5. is this a good camera. thanks

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 271
or can u recamend any??? for around 250

Username: Egefl1

Post Number: 5
make a smart invesment and purchase nikon camera
if you can't afford a new camera buy it used they usually hold up well compared to other cameras

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8404
Casio exilim, Canon or Nikon should work well. I would not recommend a used digital camera even if it is a Nikon. Digital point and shoots do not hold up well due to ever changing technology.

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 277
hiw about the casio ex-z60 is this a good camera?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8413
Yes

Username: Surly_d

Post Number: 1
I bought the Canon EOS Rebel XT for 799.00 with a 100.00 Rebate and I love it. This one is nice because it has interchangable lenses and it shoots 5fps. If you are planning on getting a nice camera later think about it, the 200-300 dollars you are spending now on something you are going to replace in a short amount of time will only bring the initial cost down by that amount. I got it from this web site and very happy with everything
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=3 71191&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Gold Member

Post Number: 8627
Nice price on that Rebel!

A digital SLR, however, is not for everybody. That is why there is a huge market share for point and shoot cameras. It is very portable and easy to carry around in your pocket. Convenience is very important to a lot consumers, let's face it, there are plenty of times that we cannot lug our DSLRs everywhere.

Post Number: 8
Thanks Berny, You are right a SLR isn't for everyone, but if you are going to carry a camera with you shouldn't it do what you want it to do? My SLR has a fully auto setting, and it isn't that much bigger than other cameras, unless you want to sacrifice size for quality.

Post Number: 9
I mean Sacrifice quality for size

Username: Rose05

Post Number: 1
Digital camera Consumer Report and review: " Among the cameras recommended as good all-around choices are a host of models from Canon, including the PowerShot A410, A430, A520, A540, A610, A620, A700, SD500, SD550 and SD700 IS. The Fujifilm FinePix E900 gets a nod as a good point-and-shoot camera for beginners that, thanks to a fully manual exposure mode, would also meet the needs of more sophisticated photographers. Other top all-around choices include the Nikon Coolpix 4600 and the Wi-Fi capable Coolpix P1 and P2; the Kodak EasyShare Z700; the Olympus SP-350; and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W100. The Kodak EasyShare P880, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 are recommended as good choices for enthusiasts"

Gold Member

Post Number: 8831
Before you go any further, what is your photographic experience?

Think first of your needs and the kind of pictures you will take. What you want it to do and not what it is capable of. It is nice to have all the features that are reviewed and praised to no end but if you don't use it, it is useless.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 360
I personally don't use Consumer Reports for any buying decisions since they try to cover the entire spectrum of products. Jack of all trades, master of none. If you want info on cameras, go hit the camera magazines & sites.

Start with Berny's advice: what do YOU need it to do? Then go look for cameras that match those needs.

Username: Timehacker

Post Number: 2
Hello,
I'm very satisfied with Panasonic FZ5 (Lumix). You can see several shots I've made with this camera at http://www.earthinpictures.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 9544
Hello Janko...nice pics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us