Cant View Images/Vedios

Username: Testerx

Post Number: 1
hello,
I have Sony CyberShot DSC-T7, its works perfectly fine, but I have old movies and images that I took from another camera (not sony)... when I put them on the memory card and rename them to MOV00003.MPG or DSC00005.JPG some of them open and work normally
but most of them give an error (error with file, cant open file...)
why?
and how to correct this error?!
knowing that all the images and vedios work perfectly on PC.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 340
So you're trying to view files generated by a different camera by a different manufacturer on your Sony? What made you think that would work? It's like me grabbing a Nikon file and expecting my Canon to be able to read it. Not going to happen. The card really is just a temporary storgage location to get the files from the camera to the PC where you can do something with it (edit, print, send to web, etc).

Username: Testerx

Post Number: 2
Whats the different between any photo and the photo made by Sony Camera? There both jpg
how does the camera differentiate between them?
size? pixels?
there must be a way to edit the photo and make the camera read it...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8262
There is a huge difference with photos made through a Sony camera and those by other manufacturers. Proprietary software is your enemy here. Just because you gave it a file extension, does not necessarily mean that it will work. Sony is very good at making things work on their own terms only. If you want to make this happen, contact Sony, but I doubt that they will give you trade secrets.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 341
It still strikes me as equivalent to renaming document.DOC from Word to document.PSD and expecting Photoshop to be able to read it. I still cannot fathom why you want to go back from PC to the camera & view.

Have you looked at the EXIF data embedded in a JPG? That's probably just the start of your problem.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8269
Bingo!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us