Recommendation digital camera 7M or +

Username: Jacquesthehusky

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,
I am ready to buy a digital camera, no more then $300, looking quality, please recommend,

Thank you,
Jacquesthehusky

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7877
Canon or Casio Exilim...both quality. Don't worry about pixels on these cameras, you'll be happy with either one.

Post Number: 2
Great I will go with the Casio Exilim, quite a few for sale on e-bay.

Thank you,

Gold Member

Post Number: 7885
Don't buy digital cameras from e-bay.

Post Number: 3
Why?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7896
Warranty and service issues. You don't know if the seller is an authorized distributor of the camera you are going to buy. If they are not, you will not be covered under any warranty nor will you be getting any service from the seller. But it is a risk you take when you go through e-bay.

Post Number: 4
Thank you Berny, I will keep this in mind for future purchase, I did buy the camera on E-Bay, so best of luck to me. lol I also got a 1G Memory card. Since you recommended the Casio, I will give you an update. Z750 I am excited, my old dc280 by Kodak, served it its purpose, now it is crack and way bulky.

Nice to have this type of forum.

Sincerely,

Brigitte

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 314
It's not guranteed to be a bad thing. I got my first digital camera through ebay; however, I researched the heck out of the seller first. There are several legitimate authorized dealers who use ebay. Good luck with your camera & have fun.

Post Number: 5
Hi,

Got the camera, and yes I got screwed, got a REFURBISHED! I contact Paypal and put a dispute for a refund, this was my first purchase on e-bay, so this will be a learning lesson. Cool camera, but two things, seller did not mention refurbished where he should have and the box was not seal. Maybe this is a great camera, but I do not want a refurbish one. Any comments would be appreciated, I contacted the seller but no response yet, it has been 24 hours only and the phone no. Pay pal gave me does not work.

Help,

Brigitte

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
That's disappointing; it's not real honest of him to not mention it. On the flip side: does it work? I have a PC that was a refurb that is now going on 9 years old (all of 300 screaming MHz!) & has been my local web server for the last two--still running strong. So a refurb does not neccessarily mean it's no good. One last thought: what was the final price in comparison to going to somewhere like B&H and buying new?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7976
Sorry to read about your experience, i hope it works out for you.

With all that aside, how is the camera working?

Post Number: 6
Chris and Berny,

I need your recommendation asap, I can get a full refund on the camera, just got to ship it back at my expense. I paid $289 with shipping, Ritz Camera wants $400, the camera works fine, very amazing, only the memory only holds 3 pictures, I bought 1g memory card it's on its way, the sellers said got 90 days warranty. Would you keep it or send it back.

Let me know, Thank you so much to both,

Brigitte

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
Did a quick check at B&H. Casio EX-Z750, correct? Brand-new for $299. Shipping for me, as far away from them as you can get in the continental US is all of $6. I guess it's down to how annoyed you are about it being a refurb. I'd be half tempted to return it & go to B&H for the less than $20 difference.

Looks like a nice little camera. You definitely want external cards--8MB is nothing. I can burn through my 1GB card in a few minutes on my 8MP 20D.

BTW, I never even bother looking at Ritz or Wolf, they're horribly overpriced.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7984
Send it back and chock it up to a learning experience:-(

Or you can ask for a new one with shipping at their expense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us