Help me choose a compact digital camera please?

Username: Alucard1977

Post Number: 1
my budget is only around $200-250 and I want a compact / mini camera

What I want from my camera is :

1. I will be able to take a photo of moving image such as sport event, dancing performance, music concert, Moving Cars or vehicle , with good result to print and not getting any blur if the object is moving......

2. In case in crowded concert where everbody is pushing and pushing wildly your body I still want to be able to get a good photo of the band even the camera is not steady .....

3. I want to take a picture of night scene example at the cafe or maybee some private club where lighting is so minimal and almost dark...with a good result of the people n the background.....

after spending hours n hours at web several brand I interested in my price range....are Panasonic Lumix LZ2 for it's Image Stabilization and Sony DSC S600 for it's High ISO n Flash capability
But I confuse because the Lumix Flash is not so bright as sony so i'm afraid I can take the scene at the dark place like a club n Lumix does not have AF assist lamp

but Sony does not have Image Stabilization so i'm afraid if I watch a concert n people pushing n pushing me It could ruin my picture ? .....

Does anybody can give me a suggestion maybee even suggest me some other brand that u know can give me the result that I want ???....any help will be appreciated Thank you very much .....

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7688
Here's a read on the High ISO

http://www.digicamhelp.com/iso/high-iso.htm

Both cameras will work as point and shoot for most situations, however, you seem to want to specialize in capturing images with very low light or ever changing light. Unfortunately the cameras you are proposing to use in these situations will be hit and miss. They were not designed for the purpose you have in mind. This is the same for a lot, if not all, point and shoot digital cameras.

Think of it as the regular instamatic cameras or even the disposable cardboard cameras. They work for most situations in constant light.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 312
IMHO for your budget, you won't find a camera capable of doing what you want. I use a Canon 20D & pro-level lenses for shooting dance concerts & it's still challenging.

I don't follow the P&S market very closely any more, so there might some higher-end models that can get something now, but the last time I really looked there weren't any P&S that could really handle that kind of low-light worth a darn.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7791
You really can't demand too much from an inexpensive point and shoot camera.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us