Sony DSC-T30 Vs. Canon SD-700 IS

Username: Tlchi

Post Number: 1
I am looking for a compact camera that can take decent pictures without flash and has optical image stabilizer. Which is a better camera, DSC-T30 Vs. Canon SD-700IS? They are both very attactive. Canon has a 4X zoom that is good. Sony has a slimmer profile (no protruding lense) and higher picture resolution. Also, the Sony DSC-T9 is also attactive with its lower price compare to the other two and has similar features. I am planning to purchase within the next week. Can anyone help me decide on which one to buy? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7606
Read the threads concerning Sony vs Canon.
Picture resolution, if you meant higher number of pixels, is not in the equation.

Username: Tlchi

Post Number: 2
What do you mean by not being in the equation. The sony has higher pixels than canon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7658
By how many pixels? A 1.2 megapixel difference is nothing.

I have a Nikon D2H with 4 MP that takes better pictures than that Sony. Then there's the D70, at only 6 MP.

But if you base your purchase on the pixel count, by all means get the Sony. It is your money and it is your camera, so go for it.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 311
The MP count is one of those stats everyone fixates on & the manufacturers happily advertize heavily. These days even most cheapie P&S cameras have plenty of data to print the most commonly-used 4x6 at 300DPI or more. So for general use, it is meaningless & there are other factors that are more important. Now, if you are planning on printing banners, bus covers, or the like, more MP will become an issue.

Putting in a very biased opinion here, but does the case styling really matter? It sure doesn't help make a better picture & that's what the camera is for. All I care about is the quality of the image it captures (making a "good" image is my task).

Gold Member

Post Number: 7662
I love it when they use pixels as an argument for better quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us