Which media card?

Bronze Member
Username: Seeemeeego

New Orleans, LA

Post Number: 14
What card would you suggest I buy for my D50? I normally use the cheapest 256 SD I can get for my Exilim, but what I am reading about download and transfer speed, what is the latest and the greatest for this DSLR? My camera is scheduled to arrive by UPS tomorrow, and I can't wait to start learning.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7557
Once you look at the owner's manual for the D50, check the listing of recommended Media Cards. Use these and do not go for cheap untested cards, you want to avoid any potential problems when it comes to your pictures. Lexar and SanDisk are recommended. Don't worry too much about transfer speeds, concentrate on your photography.

I would also recommend getting multiple smaller capcity cards like 512MB as opposed to getting 1 huge capacity card. Do not put all your pictures on 1 card.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 308
Looks like Rob Galbraith just added to D50 to his database. Look here for some test results: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7905

Lexar would be a good choice for Nikons. Though his results show the D50 is so slow it almost doesn't make any difference which card is used, the cards are all way faster than the camera.

I wouldn't get anything bigger than a 1GB card, the larger cards are too many eggs in one basket & IMHO are way too expensive still.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us