Cybershot dsc-f 505v low battery icon issue w/new battery

Username: Dblc

NJ

Post Number: 1
have this camera for 5 years and not a single problem. 2 years ago I had to get replacemnent batteries(e-bay)no problems..ordered 3 from another vendor..charged them fully and when inserted the battery icon in top left corner is empty with no minutes of use next to it and the low battery indicator is flashing..I took over 110 pics with flash and 110 without and couldn't drain the battery ,it is good but the flashing icon bugs me..put old battery in and minutes of use pop up and no flashing icon..what gives?? all 3 batteries look like old ones and SONY said it is not recognizing them as Sony Batteries.Np-fs11.hate to send back but they were a good price and they do hold a charge but any ideas what's going on here??paid less than 1/2 of what some were asking.vendor said they sell maybe 80 a month and no returns..if I'm not happy I can get a refund but I wonder if it will happen again with another vendor??

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7310
Are they generic batteries?

NJ

Post Number: 2
The Sony's are marked..The 1st set of replacements 2 years ago looked the same and worked fine..they only say cells made in Japan..Ones I just ordered look exactly as my previous purchase and are marked as direct replacements for the originals...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7322
Seems like defective batteries if the camera is not recognizing them. If you can live with the wrong message but the right amount of shots per charge, then you should be okay. But you can never tell with a defective battery. You never know what else could be wrong with them if the QA is not up to par.

NJ

Post Number: 3
I don't think they are defective because they all took a charge and they work fine in the camera..I would run out of memory before the batteries die..I use the old ones as back ups..Like I said the flashing battery icon with a slash through it blinks as if it's ready to crap out...but it doesn't..For the price I think I'm going to live with them..Why the 1st set of non-sony replacements did not cause the flashing icon is beyond me..Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 7328
It's a Sony...:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us