Sony v. Nikon

Username: Jamshed

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 10
I am currently using the Sony DSC- H1 digital Slr. However, I am now planning to trade in this camera for a Nikon.
Which Nikon digital SLR is worth buying; and which has as many features asthe Sony?
Are Nikon digital Slr's better than the Sonys?
Please advise...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7108
The Sony DSC-H1 is not an SLR.

If features are what you are looking for stick with Sony.

But if you want to expand your skills as a photographer then you will do better with a Nikon or a Canon DSLR.

What is your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Sorry Berny, you are right; the Sony is not a DSLR... am still a novice at photography!!
Think will stick with the Sony; though am having some problems with the internal rechargeable battery...
Was thinking of attaching a tele conversion lens... will I be able to use the camera with this tele conversion lens attached at all times or will I have to attach it only when shooting long distance shots?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7201
Yes, you woyld be able to use the camera with the lens attatched all the time, but I would not recommend it. In fact I don't recommend using any tele conversion lens on any camera with a fixed lens. The chromatic aberrations and distortions are absolutely horrid. Plus the money you will spend on attachment lenses will cost too much as opposed to getting a Digital SLR. Then you have to worry about batteries, response time (2 seconds for the lens to extend and then take a picture). But it is your money and it is your choice.

For comparison purposes, take a look at the Nikon D50 or a Canon Digital Rebel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks a ton.. will look into it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7275
No problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts