Sony Cyber Shot DSC HI

Username: Jamshed

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 6
I have recently purchased the Sony DSC H1 Cyber Shot digital SLR camera. It is powered by 2x rechargable AA batteries (NiMH at present, i think).
However, whenever I remove the batteries to charge, the camera reverts back to all its original settings; the menu settings, date, time etc.
This becomes extremely irritating, as each time I charge, I am confronted with the Time/ date start- up screen and have to reset my camera to all original settings.
Is this the way it works?
Thanking you in advance...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6177
No. You have to leave the batteries in the camera for at least 24 hours before taking it out again. The internal memory that takes care of user camera settings are being charged and you need the batteries to do that. Leave a fully charged battery in the camera for 24 hours before taking it out.

If it continues to do so after 48 hours, return it and get a Canon or Olympus:-)

Post Number: 7
So let me get this straight... I put in fully charged batteries for 24 hours and let the camera lie without using it.
How about if i already have pictures stored on the limited internal memory of the camera? Should i delete these as they may hamper the saving of the camera settings?
How long do the settings last after the batteries are removed?
Thanks...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6282
Yes. Leave everything alone, you don't need to delete any pictures.

Post Number: 8
Thanks a million. will try it out tonight... hope it works as do not want to change the camera...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6287
If that does not work, check your manual about the set-up details and about removing batteries for storage. If the camera still reverts back to factory setting after all this, you may want to return the camera and get a new one.

Username: Easyluckyfree

Post Number: 8
great camera, my mother bought one, but it's not an SLR. sony doesn't make SLR cameras but since they bought out konica minolta they might get into that market.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us