Canon Lense Compatibility with a 350D

AndrewNZ
Unregistered guest
Hi Guys,

I just posted a similar question in another thread, but thought I would start a new one to outline my predictament!!

My Uncle just gave me two lenses (they are in the post so will arive in a couple of days) and i am curious as to wether or not they will fit my Canon 350D.

The lenses are CANON EOS 75-300MM F4-5.6 & EF 35-105MM. Will these lenses fit my 350D? If so, what issues will there be, if any at all? I would really appreciate any help, as I am just starting out, and am trying to learn as much as I can!!

Best regards
Andrew
Auckland
NEW ZEALAND

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4762
If it is an EF or EF-S lens it should be compatible and should have no issues at all.

Chris Laudermilk...this is your expertise:-)

AndrewNZ
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny,

Thanks for the rapid response, all I have is the email from my Uncle who has upgraded his glass and has kindly donated me his old lenses! Below is from his email, so its all the details I have until the lenses arrive:
CANON EOS 75-300MM F4-5.6 & EF 35-105MM

I just have'nt been able to work out wether or not they would fit the 350D body, and I am really keen to find out!! Hopefully they will be useful additions to the standard kit lens that came with the 350D.

Do you have any thoughts on these lenses? Are they any good or not really anything special?

Thanks again,
Andrew

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 267
The 350D can take any EOS system lens. IIRC the older FD lenses ought to fit as well (or at least with an adapter).

Since those lenses are freebies you can't go wrong. I checked the photozone database & the 75-300 gets terrible reviews so you'll probably want to upgrade it eventually. I only see the 35-105 as a Tamron 35-105/f2.8 which gets ok reviews. So they look like nothing special, but it's better to have something on the camera than nothing at all. If the 35-105 is indeed a Tamron, look out for electronic compatibility issues; they had to reverse-engineer the interface & Canon changes things wihtout warning. It is a known issue that some third-party lenses will have trouble communicating with newer bodies. But again, the price is right so it can't hurt to try it out.

AndrewNZ
Unregistered guest
Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply Chris, your expertise is much appreciated! Fingers crossed now until the glass arrives and I can get it on the camera body!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4892
Andrew,
How are the lenses coming along?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us