Konica Minolta Dimage Z6 HELP!!!!

Username: Winlove777

Post Number: 1
Ok, so I'm pretty frustrated here and wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

I got a Z6 for Christmas after my photographer father told me how great a camera it was and how I would be able to do a lot of things with it with all the different features and settings.

Well, it does have a lot of bells and whistles and allows you to do a great deal of manually adjusting things and I like that. Problem is, I have a 2 year old who is forever in movement. Every time I try to take a picture of her without the flash, it's blurry. I went to the camera shop and asked for help and they told me to set the aperature speed down as low as possible and to not zoom in on her and this should remedy the problem. Well, it doesn't. Not only that, when she is laying completely still and I try to take a picture of her, it flashes a warning that the camera is shaking when I am perfectly still and STILL blurs the picture. Do I have a defective camera here? I am REALLY frustrated and I'm ready to bonk the salesman on the head for selling me this piece!! HELP!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4727
Unfortunately, however good that camera is, it is just not meant for fast fleeting movements. The response is just not fast emough for the ever changing situations when involving a child.

What you want to do is set your ISO setting to the maximum setting. Set the shutter speed to at least 1/250, to stop movement of your subjects. Leave the aperture setting to automatic and see what you get. Which means you may want to shoot on shutter priority (the S setting on your camera).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us