Kodak camera scam alert!

Unregistered guest
I bought a Kodak DC3400 just a few years ago, recently the shoddy battery door broke. I called to get a replacement door, but they said you cannot buy those since the product is discontinued. Instead they offered me an "upgrade" to the Z760 for ~$215 (rightnow you can buy the damn thing for $264 at buydig.com). After a lot of taxing conversations, being passed and put on hold I finally met a very helpful supervisor, Rebecca. She managed to find me one laying around the office, and promised I will get it in the next few days (I'll post again if I dont).

But, that was not my point. The scam is, Kodak makes shoddy parts that break, do not carry replacement parts and then offer you an "upgrade".

My other digicam is a Nikon, let us see how they do (probably take a few years to find out).

Username: Bada

Post Number: 1
I bought a Kodak CX3240 just 2 years ago, recently the shoddy battery door broke on my camera also. I called to get a replacement door, but they said you cannot buy those since the product is discontinued. Instead they offered me an "upgrade". Not only did I have a problem with the camera but also the Camera dock just one day stopped charging. Kodak used to be a very good dependable product, but no more. Oh by the way, Kodak will fix my camera for $75 plus shipping both ways and tax. All this for a little peice of plastic door which could not cost more then $5.00.
So becareful when you buy a Kodak....

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 315
P&S at that price point are disposable. I'm not surprised to hear your stories--in fact I've heard that kind of tale before. I will bet any brand you buy at that price will be the same thing after it's a few years old (and BTW, completely obsoleted a few times over). I have a Nikon 995 & I'll bet if I try to get a replacement part from Nikon they won't have any.

In any case, it sucks to have an unfixable broken camera.

Username: Tayteh

Post Number: 5
I just bought Kodak c634 two days ago I wonder why there is no display at the LCD whenever I connect the av cable to TV but TV display is on and the same I did to connect USB to computer WHY? Can some one please help to on the LCD display when connect to whatever source because I want to see both of the display !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us