Best point and shoot camera?

Bronze Member
Username: Optomistic

Bountiful, Utah United states

Post Number: 12
My ma just got a canon A610 but she is older and is miffed about the small lcd screen. So we are looking into a different camera and my brother got the sony w7. Should I go get his camera? Does canon truly make the better camera? From what I have read everyone is goin with the canon but I am posting so I can get bearnys true opinion lol. BEARNY HELP? Or if anyone can suggest the best quality digital camera between 200-400 dollars.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4582
Forget the Sony. Look into the Casio Exilim Series EX-750, if you want a nice big LCD that will produce great pictures. Very user friendly as well. I really like this camera. The Canons are great and I believe that it can render better pictures but the Casio is an excellent little camera.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4583
And yes, Canons make better cameras than Sony:-)

John21
Unregistered guest
Don't ever get a Sony! Lousy customer service and poorly made cameras. Just look at the recall they had on most of their cameras.

They have known of the problem since 2003 and they just started a recall in Fall of 2005. That should tell you something!

There should be class action lawsuit against those bums. I am never buying a Sony product again! I bought a lot of the Sony products listed on that recall list, including the camcorders.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 259
No question Canon makes better cameras. i'm not terribly familiar with the current P&S, but I'm sure Canon has some with the 2.5" LCD.

Oh, and don't worry, Sony looks to be getting hit with a class action on another major PR misstep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us