Help help help!!!!! canon cameras???

Indiana Jones
Unregistered guest
Help me man!!! I am buying a digital camera.. eh! mw being a great fan of canon have stuck to canon sd450, sd550 and powershot a620 & s80. as per online reviews, sd450 and 550 seem to have purple fringing and average battery life whereas 620 uses AA batteries. I am ok with manual mode, want 5-7 MP.. thats no issue, 2 inch lcd fine by me, red eye reduction.. yes-3 and good for both indoor and outdoor.Uummm.. am at last stage of decion so can anyone tell me if I am making a correct choice by picking A620??? I would be so greatful. IS AA battery OK??? that seems to be only doubt with 620...s80 too seems good. oh am confused!!

oh my the way.. this is my first ever digital camera and am so excited to buy the best of all.. man, I have saved for quite sometime for this.please -3 help me in choosing THE BEST .. THE AWESOME CAMERA which i dont regret

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4394
Get the S80. don't worry too much about purple fringing. The correct term is still chromatic aberration, no matter what your internet search may say.

Canon makes excellent lenses and the s80 has a minimal chromatic aberrations because of excellent lens desing. Purple fringing is nothing to worry about, you are using a point and shoot camera it happens only at certain contrast points.

Indiana Jones
Unregistered guest
thanks Berny! yup, purple fringing was the internet term actually ;)
Today I went to the store to see the camera s first hand. SD550 was out of stock.So I had a hand on other cameras. Well.. I loved s80 but its a little too expensive for my budget! hey how are IXUS 55 or powershot 620 in terms of working, man?physically 620 seems bulky and the lady at the store was all raving about it. what say? do suggest

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4395
If you want it to be compact and easy to use without all the confusing controls, get the IXUS-55. The picture quality is the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us