Username: Crit

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 39
my question is "does it have image overlay like the D2x?"

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 40
I've read quite a few reviews and it's been stated, i beleive by Ken Rockwell, that the d200 has 90% of the D2x's functions. Discluding high-speed crop and one other small detail; obviously the pixels are a little different too...

So i just wanted to know if it does indeed have image overlay, as in the D2x.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 41
nevermind, i found out that it does have it, but it can only overlay (2) RAW images compared to the D2x's (10).

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4374
Hey Christian,
Haven't heard from you in a while. How have you been? Did you ever get a D70?

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 42
yea man its been a long time...i did end up getting it and it has been great! I love taking pictures and the d70 is an excellent tool.

however, i have gotten to a point where i almost feel limited...and i've been reading lots of info on the d200 and im liking what i see...can't compete with that price!

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 43
yea man its been a long time...i did end up getting it and it has been great! I love taking pictures and the d70 is an excellent tool.

however, i have gotten to a point where i almost feel limited...and i've been reading lots of info on the d200 and im liking everything i see...can't compete with that price!

What are your thoughts?

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 43

however, i have gotten to a point where i almost feel limited...and i've been reading lots of info on the d200 and im liking everything i see...can't compete with that price!

What are your thoughts?

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 44
holy cow! sorry bout that...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4376
Honestly, I think you are enamored with the thought of having the D200 as opposed actually needing one:-) Are you taking pictures professionally? Unless you are, I would rather spend the money on better lenses. I have a D2X and I hardly use it, unless it's a high dollar gig like weddings. The D70 is so light and so easy to use.

How do you feel you are limited? Sorry man, I am not buying that excuse, LOL! However, it is a good enough excuse to get a D200. Didn't I warn you that this is going to get expensive? Hah!

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 45
haha, i dunno, i am first going to buy some lenses(70-200vr, 12-24dx, 60 or 105 micro), and then maybe think about the d200.

Some of the features i like are:

-5 fps:-) (both continuous high and low)
-11 area multicam AF system
-image overlay
-multiple exposure
-genuine nikon vertical grip
-white balance fine tuning (Kelvin Temp)
-10.2 megapixels(not my biggest care obviously)
-magnesium alloy body(weather sealed)
-buttons are better organized
-larger LCD(also not a huge concern)
-100-1600 ISO (i believe theres a 3200ISO boost)
-is still fairly light

Those are the features i really like....but, im not going to rush into anything, so i'll just play it by ear(after i get my lenses)

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 247
FYI, Hoodman has a grip for the D70. http://www.hoodmanusa.com/powergrip.asp

The lack of a grip option is one reason I eliminated the D70 from my shopping list (the 20D lasted one shoot before I got mine on order).

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 46
yea, i've seen that grip, it's just that it takes some modification to put it on, and there is a shutter delay isnt there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4397
I don't know about the shutter delay. I hear different things. All I know is that I won't be using it any time soon. The D70 is good enough as it is and I'd hate to add to the weight.

So, Chris, what lenses have you purchased lately?

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 47
you askin me or chris laudermilk?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4399
Oh snap, forgot!

I was referring to you Christian.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 48
haha, all i have now is the kit 18-70 and nikkor 70-300. i think my next will be the 70-200 vr.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 49
so berny, what lenses do you own? and how do you like them?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4402
I had few older lenses from my old Nikons, but I only kept the 105mm AI-S. A very sharp manual focus lens. I don't use it much anymore, I just could not part with it.

The newer ones that I have are the 20mm 2.8 D. A nice wide angle lens, tack sharp but not as wide on the D70 or D2X. The 50mm f/1.8, one of the better lenses that I own, 18-70mm that came with the D70 kit. The 80-200mm f/2.8 not the AF-S version, again, probably one of Nikon's finest glass. 70-300mm f/4-5.6 G, nice reach and works well for outdoor and well lit scenes.

I love all my Nikon glass and the most that gets used are the 18-70mm, 80-200mm and 50mm.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 50
isn't that 50mm f/1.8 very cheap and worth buying

Gold Member

Post Number: 4417
Yes it is! You can get it for less than $100.00.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 51
yea i thought so, its seems like a great investment...

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 52
i've seen pictures of a d200 with a built-in vertical grip...are these only in foreign countries im guessing??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4429
Built-in vertical grip?
No such thing for the D200, there will be a vertical grip but not built-in.

Oh by the way check out this gallery.

http://www.j3r.com/photo/

Pictures are all taken by a photographer using just the D70 and the kit lens. The macros were taken by a macro lens.

Just in case a few people are forgetting what I have been saying:-). It's the person taking the photos that matter!

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 53
those are very impressive photographs. i need photoshop!haha

do a google image search for the d200, you should see some pictures of it with a built in grip, its what i was talkin about...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4430
No Christian, those are mock-ups and most are fake. These pictures have been circulating since the rumor started about the D200 almost a year ago. The vertical grip will be availabel for the D200 and it will be designated as the MBD200.

The gallery I pointed out are pictures straight out of the D70 and no photoshop alteration was done, except for re-sizing.

Bronze Member

Holland, OH USA

Post Number: 54
dude! those pictures are absolutely amazing for being straight out of the camera! that pumps me up

Gold Member

Post Number: 4445
Inspiring stuff, man!
Did you get the 50mm lens yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us