Tele Converter for Nikon D70s

Username: Geashworth

Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom

Post Number: 5
HI All

I have been scouring Ebay for a 2x Tele converter for my Nikon D70s.

I dont know if I am looking for the right thing, but I would like to keep the AF function if possible and double up on my lens' capabilities.

Does anyone know of a suitable (well priced) converter? I have seen them on Ebay for +/-£100

Please post advice and recomendations, bearing in mind the lazy hand of the amateur with his auto everything turned on making the camera do all the work style photography I do!

Thanks
G

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4334
Grant,
Do not get a teleconverter for your current lens. The 300mm lens that you presently own will not work well with a teleconverter. It will function but the light fall off and exposure will be horrible.

The prices on decent glass is never cheap, so be prepared to shell out some money for any good lens. Some of the good lenses from Nikon cost more than the camera bodies so beware of cheap lenses specially those from a third party manufacturer.

A teleconverter is a good way to extend your reach but you also have to take in to account the lens you are using it for.

The best way is to buy a more powerful zoom such as the 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR AF Zoom-Nikkor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us